Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Looking for reality

BurntToast

Is buying Iraqi dinar real speculative investment like buying penny stocks, or are we just buying Iraqi widgets hoping they will make us rich? Or perhaps, something in between. Please forgive me if this is rehash but I am new to this. This question is nagging me, so can someone help me get a better handle on this. I am ignorant of probably most things surrounding foreign currency investment, but two things I do see that make me think this is more hope than speculation. First of all, in my view real speculative investing involves mechanisms where you can buy and sell, win and lose, and do it again through established, well accepted, and regulated means (not that I like regulation). What I see happening is people (myself included) buying

The Dinar is speculative but we all believe it will rv in the very near future. No proof, no facts just rumors of what may be real inside intel. You must weigh the risk vs reward in this. 5 yrs ago we purchased the Dinar without hesitation. My broker said hope for rv soon but expect 10 yrs, so that is what we did. Now the money I spent on the dinar 5 yrs ago would have long since been gone and spent on who knows what. With the investment in Dinar I have some hope of turning the original amount into significantly more even at .10. If it does not rv ( highly unlikely ) then we have lost very little in the overall scheme of our financial picture. Real investors weigh the risk. If it was an absolutely guarantee eveyone would do it, but that is true of stocks, commodities etc too.

Do not risk more than you can afford to lose in this investment or any other investment. In the meantime if you want the finer details of this investment and indepth information / explanations go to..

http://rvintel.com

Yes I am a moderator but would recommend this book to anyone interested in this investment, because it comprehensive, well researched and well written. It will answer the vast majority of your questions and comes with free updates

Other than that, read , read , read the forums ...hope this helps some.

you have good questions and ones that everyone else on here has had. i'm not going to pretend to know all about this (there are others who do), but i will say, if you're just getting started, you have a lot of catching up to do (if you're interested in catching up). you could just hang out and watch and learn from what others put out there. chat's a good place to hang out. you could go back through the archives and try to get answers to your questions. you could also just do research online and try to find the answers. one thing to keep in mind is that you will find lots of people who say it WILL happen and lots of people who say it WON'T. you'll have to make up your own mind. i'll assume you already have dinar otherwise you wouldn't be here, but if you don't, you'll have to determine if you can stand the uncertainty. some days it feels like it's here and other days you just want to give up. i will say that they aren't selling widgets. it's legitimate currency with value and some who've owned this stuff for years, have already made some money on it because it has increased in value. patience is key. like some say, prepare for the worst, hope for the best. also, DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON DINAR IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE IT. good luck!

Just like you and Barbann said. You are new and need to educate yourself. The best way to do that is to read in the forums, ask questions and decide to yourself what makes sense. I'll give you to examples.

1st. Iraq is rich in oil and gold. They do have numerous other exports but they do not add up to alot. Before Iraq Invaded Kuwait and before our Invasion. The Iraqi dinar was worth around 3 USD to 1 ID. Sanctions and war has brought that same dinar down to 1170 ID to 1 USD. Now IMO Iraq is not worth less because of war they are just over sanctioned where they can't sell their products and there are no buyers for them. So tis the reason for the 1170. Now after US has helped them w/ a new government. US has helped them overcome their debt and now Iraq has opened up their oil fields again and countries around the world are investing in them. Do you think the 1170 will last long. I don't think so. They are and are going to be a very rich and prosperous country do to oil.

2nd. Iraq must rebuild their infastructure to maintain stability. Obviously war reaked havoc on their country and to rebuild they must buy equipment. Ex. a brick is worth 1 USD or 1170 ID. Do you think Iraq will continue to pay 1170 of their IQD to pay for a brick or do you think they will revalue their Dinar so they can pay 1 Iraq Dinar for that brick.

Now that is just a few examples. There are tons of other factors involved but maybe those can help you start.

• Upvote 4

I understand that there is risk in any investment and am willing to take a high risk as long as it looks plausible. I am just trying to sift through the hype and hear-say and find solid current facts. Maybe I just don't know where to research. I guess my bottom motivator for my post is that even thought I am willing to take a risk, I don't want to take one based on puffed up information. Anyway, thanks for the reply and I will check out the book.

Awesome, and if you decide to come along for the ride ( and what a ride it is!) welcome to the family:)

Oh by the way, as investments go I would not consider this high risk but that is something you will have to assess based on your own financial picture. There is a lot of hype, but in and around that you will be able to descern the real infomation. You sort of get a feel for it.

Iraq is a country in the making and they are climbing mountains to become a reasonable facsimile of what the US is at least in its political processes.

This may frustrate the dickens out of you but it will also force you to learn about things you might never have considered learning otherwise.

People buy a lottery ticket uncertain that they will win the jackpot, but they still do it. If you spend at least a $100 a month on that crap, then this should be treated the same. The difference with the IQD investment is that there is actual evidence showing that the current value of the dinar does not coincide with what the dinar is buying (oil from Exxon, paying contractors 10s of billions to build housing, offices, etc.,). Try not to look at evidence supporting what the dinar will revalue to, but rather why the dinar is valued where it is currently. You will find what you are looking for.

Is buying Iraqi dinar real speculative investment like buying penny stocks, or are we just buying Iraqi widgets hoping they will make us rich? Or perhaps, something in between. Please forgive me if this is rehash but I am new to this. This question is nagging me, so can someone help me get a better handle on this. I am ignorant of probably most things surrounding foreign currency investment, but two things I do see that make me think this is more hope than speculation. First of all, in my view real speculative investing involves mechanisms where you can buy and sell, win and lose, and do it again through established, well accepted, and regulated means (not that I like regulation). What I see happening is people (myself included) buying

There were several very good answers to a novice just learning...Barbann, Whatthe and Soldier to name a few. I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I know a great deal more than I did when I got in. I read everything I could find. You are probably not going to find someone to tutor you because that would take too much time. But I will say, as you see in the posts, there are a lot of very good and very nice people on this site that will help you any way they can. Read and explore and go to the chat room and enjoy the zoo.

Unlike buying lottery tickets Dinar have value. If you wanted to exchange them now you would get the majority of your investment back less spread and handling fees. When you weigh the risk and the possible gain it's no more risky than investing anywhere else in today's world.

Thats what gets me on this forum, if you want real info go to ?? then its a book, buy dinars, how to spend loads on what you already know.

is there not one link, thread that doesnt point out a buy now button.

Its all about the money, nothing else, if i had of thought of a blog site i wouldnt give 2 king kongs about the dinar money just get you all a clicking to my site.

homer simpsons has it right.

screw you suckers

Well Mr. Attitude. Did someone pee in your Wheaties?