Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

chicken soup

viking2184

A bit of an alternative because it takes less time if you are in a hurry

Substitute frozen chicken breasts diced into small pieces

Substitute Canned broth for the home cooked..

I place the broth in a stock pot, add lots of fresh carrots, celery, onions and bring to a boil, let simmer until veggies are tender..meanwhile sprinkle chicken breast lightly with poultry seasoning and sear in fry pan until almost done. Dice into cubes and place in stock with veggies. Cook on Med for approx 15 min til chicken is cooked through.

I do prefer the boil the chicken and debone method but if you work or short on time, you can't tell the difference in the taste. :)

I also serve this with a loaf of french bread sprinkled with cheese and toasted in oven..

• 3 weeks later...
won't the bacon make the soup full of fat?

The original recipe is not mine but I will take a shot at answering your question..yes the bacon will add some fat depending on what grade of bacon you get. You can get the leaner cuts or use turkey bacon. The fat will rise to the top of the broth and then all you have to do is skim it off. You can skim it off with a spoon if you let it cool first or wrap cheese cloth around and ice cube and drag it around the top of the pot. I am sure others have equally as good methods to accomplish fat skimming but there are a couple I know of. The bacon in my opinion, would add tons of delicious flavor to the recipe. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recipe for Kauai chicken, a chicken on the Hawaii Island, Kauai they run all over the Island! While surfing one day, I ran across an islander that told me a good way to fix it " take a pot and put a rock in the bottom put the chicken in the pot ( after feathers are removed ) fill with water and bring to a boil. When the rock gets soft the chicken is done" Add water when needed.

• 2 weeks later...