Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi News Iraq news - Female bomber

Baghdad, Iraq (CNN) -- At least 41 people were killed and 106 others wounded Monday in a suicide bombing that targeted Shiite pilgrims in northeastern Baghdad, Iraq's Interior Ministry said.

The female bomber detonated her explosive vest in the middle of a procession of pilgrims in Boob al-Sham, in a predominantly Shiite area of the Iraqi capital, according to an Interior Ministry official.

The detonation took place in a tent set up to search females, according to the Baghdad Operations Command. Three volunteer female searchers were among those killed.

The attack took place amid tight security as thousands of Shiite worshipers are making their way to the holy city of Karbala, south of Baghdad, to mark the Arbaeen -- the end of the 40-day mourning period at the close of Ashura.

Ashura commemorates the martyrdom of Hussein, the grandson of the Prophet Mohammed who was killed in battle in Karbala in 680 A.D. That event helped create the schism between Sunnis and Shiites, the two main Muslim religious movements.

There have been a number of roadside bomb and grenade attacks on pilgrims over the past few days.

Iraqi officials have warned of attacks during the pilgrimage ahead of national elections on March 7.

It is a shame that they are now using women to do this....I imagine she had no say so in this tragic event. I feel they either threatened to kill her children if she did not do this, or threatened to kill her if she did not do this.... this is just sick in my opinion... We really do not know what is going on with these people that have someone to kill themselves..