Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is no news good news?

jamaba

Okay, is it just me or does it seem to be a slow news day in Iraq? (RV-wise that is). Ther was so much speculation in the chats and posts at the end of last week and over the weekend. I am no guru by any means, but could this be "The Calm Before the Storm"? I've been reading about the Parliment taking a week off and certain members participating in the demonstrations. That does not seem logical given the unrest and anger among the masses (suicide mission). Is the Iraqi press or GOI feeding mis-information? Is something lost in translation? I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the current status of the events that garnered so much discussion last week. Again, I'm new to all this and can't help but believe that unless this thing happens (and soon) that the powder keg will blow in a big way. I hope the quiet is simply a precursor of great things to come and not the end (or even a long delay) to what we as investors and the Iraqi people want.

• Upvote 1

I hope the "Storm" I've brought up is not the uprising of the masses. The quiet news day has gotten louder and all the news is conflicting. I agree with those that have posted their opinion that if this thing is not done by Fri, and all Hell breaks loose, that it will be years before we can expect an RV (if ever). I sincerely hope this does not happen for several reasons: 1) the Iraqi people 2) the American service man and women that have given so much, and 3) the investors. Not to mention the Geo-political issues that will arise with no RV. The last thing the ME needs right now is another bloody riot. What they need is for a nation to step up and show stability in an unstable region. Iran can be that nation and become a leader and example of democracy and free enterprise to the Arab world. Whew...sorry to ramble, just getting antsy.

Okay, is it just me or does it seem to be a slow news day in Iraq? (RV-wise that is). Ther was so much speculation in the chats and posts at the end of last week and over the weekend. I am no guru by any means, but could this be "The Calm Before the Storm"? I've been reading about the Parliment taking a week off and certain members participating in the demonstrations. That does not seem logical given the unrest and anger among the masses (suicide mission). Is the Iraqi press or GOI feeding mis-information? Is something lost in translation? I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the current status of the events that garnered so much discussion last week. Again, I'm new to all this and can't help but believe that unless this thing happens (and soon) that the powder keg will blow in a big way. I hope the quiet is simply a precursor of great things to come and not the end (or even a long delay) to what we as investors and the Iraqi people want.

Just saw on Fox New that the US government is also taking a break the rest of this week in honor of President's day. I can understand one day like the US Post Office and the banks around the country, but the whole week! What's up with that? Any answers?

Edited by observer2