Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ADAM & SONNY1 BOUT LOp 1-27 7PM CST

warrengz

A lop has a very negative connotation among dinar invesrors! I guess it does. I invested in the didar for a profit not to just circulate my money, **** i could have got at least some interest at a bank. I'm talking about a three zero lop. If there has to be a lop lets hope it is only one zero.

Economics and common business sense for the health of Iraq is one thing, but sorry, i invested to make money and that is the only reason.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lop has a very negative connotation among dinar invesrors! I guess it does. I invested in the didar for a profit not to just circulate my money, **** i could have got at least some interest at a bank. I'm talking about a three zero lop. If there has to be a lop lets hope it is only one zero.

Economics and common business sense for the health of Iraq is one thing, but sorry, i invested to make money and that is the only reason.

I'm with you. I only bought as an investment. After researching, I am simply more realistic about doing well rather than getting rich. I'll wager you don't have much in your portfolio that will double or triple very quickly. If you do it is a very high risk deal. Even with a substantial lop, I think (relative to other investments) this is both a high risk and high return deal. Helping currency speculators is not in their list of priorities. I think we only benefit if our position is in the way of them achieving their national interest.

Funny, or strange, as this may sound but you and my wife have the same opinion. If in 2004 she had known that a LOP was even remotely possible she would not have let me buy IQD; she was in this to make money...period...as she still is. She does not hold my opinion, but she does give my findings merit. For me, the end result of this investment is a matter of perspective...if the IQD RV's like the rumors state, then I am a rich man...if it RV's close to Adam's $.10 then I have enough money to put forward to retirement and my kids future...and, if the LOP is more probable then I have made enough money to take my family on a really good vacation.......I win in any senario. I don't expect anyone to hold the same opinion, but I thought I would at least share this perspective with you. ;)

This is my first reply on Dinarvets and have a pretty easy question. When we talk about a LOP of three 0's then why not jusy RV at a lower rate? It would do the same thing and allow the CBI to get some or most of the larger notes out of circulation while maintaining the true value with out the LOP. I have friends that keep telling me they hear of a $2.50 RV any day and I would love it but the debt would cripple Iraq, where as a .10 RV would put a strain on the Iraq economy but not derail the progress. This would get a lot of the average holders to cash in and put a new influx of cash flow into Iraq as the international community would become large holders of the dinar and allow the CBI or other Iraqi goverment agencies to have the funds used by the international community in their restructuring of the infrastructure.

I am by no means a financial investor, but I would like to hear why the LOP would be better for the country of Iraq and how they could afford something greater then a .10-.25 RV.

This is my first reply on Dinarvets and have a pretty easy question. When we talk about a LOP of three 0's then why not jusy RV at a lower rate? It would do the same thing and allow the CBI to get some or most of the larger notes out of circulation while maintaining the true value with out the LOP. I have friends that keep telling me they hear of a $2.50 RV any day and I would love it but the debt would cripple Iraq, where as a .10 RV would put a strain on the Iraq economy but not derail the progress. This would get a lot of the average holders to cash in and put a new influx of cash flow into Iraq as the international community would become large holders of the dinar and allow the CBI or other Iraqi government agencies to have the funds used by the international community in their restructuring of the infrastructure.

I am by no means a financial investor, but I would like to hear why the LOP would be better for the country of Iraq and how they could afford something greater then a .10-.25 RV.

Husky, I'm going to have to break out your statements if you don't mind because I'm not sure I followed it all as a logical sequence. First, glad you are jumping in and great questions. Second, why not just RV rather than lop? You really answered your own question. Iraq's M2 money supply according to the cbi is 43Trillion dinar. At a $.10 that becomes a $4.3 Trillion dollar "hickey" Iraq owes or pays to the citizens, governments and investors holding dinar. You have to put that in perspective because that is a huge number. Iraq's total GDP is only $95Billion according to the IMF. Even Saudi Arabia has only $480billion in GDP and they have the largest gulf region oil reserves of anyone. M2's normally range between .5 to 1.5 of GDP depending (primarily) on how fast money turns or is circulated in an economy. An RV that creates that kind of "hickey" for the government of 43 times their current productive capacity means they are borrowing a LOT of money - even if it would be a great deal for the holders of the currency. Now, Adam believes that your 10 cents is on the low side and I hope he is right. I am just not quite sure what his logic is. On the surface, it would appear to me that 43 times GDP WOULD derail the economy (cause inflation which is what happens when you have too many dollars chasing to few things). Also, if their only objective was to get rid of the larger denominations they could simply do a recall.

Respectfully, I think your last statement is a misunderstanding. If there were an RV, the holders would gain, but the government of Iraq would incur debt (effectively they would have to go borrow the dollars to pay you and me). They would not see a "new influx of cash flow into Iraq" from an RV. There would, however be a big increase in value of the currency already there. The big difference is who gains and who loses. Any big RV effectively presumes that Iraq will be able to find buyers of their currency at the declared rate, because remember, they don't have the money currently in reserves. They have to get it from somewhere to pay the holders of the currency for any exchange. Often people quickly say their oil revenue will pay for it and governments will effectively advance money to Iraq to get it. I agree... to a point. Again, look at the size of Saudi Arabia, the big guy in the neighborhood. How soon do you think Iraq will punch enough holes to exceed their volume? How much volume would it take to decrease oil prices? Really those kinds of questions factor into how big of an RV is really feasible IMO.

I'm new to this!! How sure are we that the $25,000 notes will be honored? Is there a time limit on cashing them out? I heard that we would have 45 days.

I don't think there are many people who believe your (and my) 25k notes won't be honored. I believe Adam has stated that his CBI contact implied that 45 days for an exchange are likely. Adam also, however talks of the outside chance of an "in-country RV" where they just allow holders in the country to exchange their dinar. It is for that reason that Adam suggests diversifying your investment by considering an in-country Warka (a bank name) bank account. His book goes into great detail with instructions in setting up a Warka. If you are thinking about that your money would be well spent on the book. He also goes into that on his blog site.

Kent,

I appreciate your information. I am really new to this site and I have found the speculation a little overwhelming. I really do appreciate it all but I am trying to weed out the misinformation from the logic that is there. I am not trying to make any accusations as I love all the different ideas out there.

The biggest question I have regaurding a LOP is why do it if a RV at a smaller amount would basicly do the same thing? Even if the RV is at .01, wouldn't that achieve the same thing as a LOP? If this is not correct then I would like to know. I am just trying to wrap my head around all of this. I have been led to this dinar RV hope through a friend that really feels that it will be in the area of 2.50 while I hope for this, I see the Iraq budget and GDP that you've laid out and it seems to be logical that the Iraq government couldn't afford a sum that 2.50 would generate.

This is a totally planned event from start to finish. That paper you like to quote is totally worthless in this situation. It only fits the normal inflation and RV event that gradually takes place. You are getting a rare look at the power of and mindset of the power broker elite in this world and what they can now do with entire nations. Kind of scary actually but at least we are being permitted to profit in a minor way.

Earnest, also answering your question earlier, look at this study on page 2: http://www.unc.edu/~lmosley/APSA%202005.pdf

"Among developing and transition nations, currency redenomination was employed on 60 occasions during the 1960-2003 period. These redenominations varied in size, from removing one zero from the currency (14 instances) to removing six zeros (9 instances); the median redenomination was three zeros, dividing the currency by 1000."

A lop or redenomination usually exchanges all currency, not just a few bills. That is different from when they retire a denomination from circulation and simply exchange for lower denomination bills currently in circulation.

A low,say .10 RV would hardly be good enough to introduce a 1, 5, 10 dinar note as you would still need a sack full to buy a loaf of bread (exagerating some here) let alone the a 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 fil. You would still have a problem with taking in all the large notes as that low an RV would not attract many to the banks let alone Ali's shops. If they try to force the cash in of large notes then people will look for banks to hold dinars in accounts as dinars and wait it out. The CBI may get the paper but the value of the paper will still be out there with the same end result.

You will find that a $3+ RV will not be a big deal for them. They have assetsw you do not know about for one thing. Then the IQD we investers have is nothing compared to what reserves have which will be gradually moved out as per agreements. Also most of the investor's IQD will just wind up in those reserves to sit for a while. So I just don't see what you guys are sweating about a decent RV. It has ALL BEEN PLANNED already. Just sit tight and ride the RV wave when it gets here and hang on as it will not be small!

QUOTE=scottiraq04;42873]Good question...and let me be honest, I don't have the "end-all" answer. What I do have is an opinion based on a few options. 1) they could do a quick appreciation of the IQD which would force the smaller denominations onto the market without having to collapse it overnight (I can ellaborate on this "collapse" if you want me to)...2) they could do option #1 until most of the needed smaller denominations are on the market and then RV; this would still cause a strain on the market, but far less dramatic than an overnight RV...3) the CBI could force the already printed lower denominations (the 50 Dinar note, and the 100, 50 and 25 Dinar coins http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_dinar) onto the market (similar to their anti-dollar campaign) and then go with option #2 above. As a point of fact, I challenge anyone in Iraq to find a group of Iraqi's with any Dinar lower than 250...anything lower than 250 Dinar is near impossible to find in Iraq right now.

I'm sure there are more options out there, but these are the ones that come to mind right now.

The quick appreciation (something even Adam has alluded to) that leads to a near future RV should give the time needed to get the smaller denominations out. Either way, most of the needed denominations (to include the needed Fils) would be physically in place for an RV. Also, an RV prior to these denominations being out would be a MAJOR security concern throughout the country...soley because of the run on banks and local exchanges that would occur; these locations would be immediate targets for terrorists...and there is no doubt, they would be hit.

There is of course a flip side to these options...but Kent has done a good job of outlining those... ;)

They will not devalue there currency before they revalue it. 0.0008 in a revalue situations would be 0.8 a devalue would be 25,000 becoming 25.

FYI, No one in this string has maintained that they will devalue their currency. All discussion of a lop is value neutral. Prices and currency denomination changes in the same ratio at the same time. IMO, if there is a devalue, it would be from an RV that so drastically increases the money supply that the currency crashes. If you think about it, time and again countries get into hyperinflation by releasing too much currency, not by having too little in circulation. Does that make sense? It really is an economic reality.

This is a totally planned event from start to finish. That paper you like to quote is totally worthless in this situation. It only fits the normal inflation and RV event that gradually takes place. You are getting a rare look at the power of and mindset of the power broker elite in this world and what they can now do with entire nations. Kind of scary actually but at least we are being permitted to profit in a minor way.

Earnest, man I really hope you are right and I am wrong. Nothing and I mean nothing would make me more wealthy. I totally agree that this is totally planned. As for the value of the report - particularly the fact that they make a statistical correlation to what the IMF has done repeatedly I think gives us a window into WHAT could be planned in this circumstance as well. Also, time and again misstatements are made about how re-denomination is used.

Regarding your comment about reserves we don't know about, again I hope you are right, but think looking at the IMF and CBI data is as credible as we can get. If you have any (and I mean any) documentation or intel to support the conviction that things are not what they appear please share. I appreciate your post, particularly the logic about the lower denominations. Understand, though, that I still assume other changes would occur to send the rate above $1 in some mix of a lop and a small RV or float. I also am not convinced of any particular order.

Kent

A low,say .10 RV would hardly be good enough to introduce a 1, 5, 10 dinar note as you would still need a sack full to buy a loaf of bread (exagerating some here) let alone the a 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 fil. You would still have a problem with taking in all the large notes as that low an RV would not attract many to the banks let alone Ali's shops. If they try to force the cash in of large notes then people will look for banks to hold dinars in accounts as dinars and wait it out. The CBI may get the paper but the value of the paper will still be out there with the same end result.

A low,say .10 RV would hardly be good enough to introduce a 1, 5, 10 dinar note as you would still need a sack full to buy a loaf of bread (exagerating some here) let alone the a 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 fil: I will have to respectfully disagree about the need for the lower denominations. When we look at what a low RV of $.10, which I still consider to be on the high end, would do to the market then you will see that denominations as low as 1 IQD will be needed. Let

Reallywould like to see more than .10

[Adam Montana] one more time

[Adam Montana] and hold!

[Adam Montana] which is exactly what I advise doing with your Dinar, for some strange reason

[Adam Montana] I've never given a date

[Adam Montana] and I never will unless it's already done or I'm willing to lose every ounce of credibility I have on this

[Adam Montana] but one thing I HAVE done is talk about what I believe Iraq will do

[Adam Montana] 1. I believe they will come out low, around .10

[Adam Montana] that is for a simple reason

[Adam Montana] to suck money back into Iraq

[Adam Montana] it's in my book, actually

[Adam Montana] (I know, obvious plug lol)

[Adam Montana] but I outlined it in a lot of detailo

[Adam Montana] if Iraq RVs at a dime and sucks out half of the cash Dinar, they pay out X amount

[Adam Montana] if they RV at a dollar, they pay X*10

[Adam Montana] *10 is a HUGE number

[Adam Montana] if someone says you can have a sandwich for a dollar or ten dollars, which do you take?

[Adam Montana] you take the same sandwich for a dollar

[Adam Montana] another thing I've said is that we can expect some subterfuge

[Adam Montana] like "oh we'll never RV" or "Lett's take some zeros off"

[Adam Montana] a friend of mine was just talking about another country that did that

[Adam Montana] my point is... this is expected, I've warned about it for years, and it's not a big deal. I'm happy it's happened

[Adam Montana] but

[Adam Montana] BUT

[Adam Montana] if anyone wants to sell their Dinar

[Adam Montana] PM me

[Adam Montana] I'm buying, plain and simple

[Adam Montana] I'm done, I think Sonny1 had a couple of points. I know he's been on the phone today with some people that I wish I had access to

[Adam Montana] go ahead

[sonny1] ok, there are only two reasons a country lops off zeros

[sonny1] one, they have more than one currency, or they have high inflation

[sonny1] iraq has neither

[sonny1] i think todays article was good, it shows me that iraq has a sudden sense of urgency

[sonny1] we are almost there

[Adam Montana] didn't you say China did something like this?

[sonny1] yes china said they werent rv'ing and 48hours later boom rv

[sonny1] so hang in there were close

[Adam Montana] I agree. I don't see this as a bad thing at all.

[sonny1] im done

[Adam Montana] anyway... sorry to everyone who had chat problems today

[Adam Montana] I am pretty good with investments but I suck at web design* *