Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Possum-Stone Sober And Perking

possum

I won the against the bottle and will not ever let the devil's juice touch my lips again! I believe my sobriety is key for the RV because I have to be of sound mind to manage the millions of dollars I will soon have in hand. The first donation I'm making is to Scott Brown and other politicians like him and I ask that all of you do to. He'll, I might run for president, do I have any backers? I will lower the tax rate and abolish property taxes, kick all the illegal aliens out of the country, and have public executions of those on death row. I need backers, these are principles of my platform and we may as well start a new political party and call it Dinaricans.

• Downvote 3

I'm afraid you would play possum when it came to the more important decisions that the Pres. would have to make. besides as pres. you can't go crossing roads at night and getting into peoples garbage cans. we don't have enough secret service people to cover you.Sorry I got to go with Ron Paul.

I won the against the bottle and will not ever let the devil's juice touch my lips again! I believe my sobriety is key for the RV because I have to be of sound mind to manage the millions of dollars I will soon have in hand. The first donation I'm making is to Scott Brown and other politicians like him and I ask that all of you do to. He'll, I might run for president, do I have any backers? I will lower the tax rate and abolish property taxes, kick all the illegal aliens out of the country, and have public executions of those on death row. I need backers, these are principles of my platform and we may as well start a new political party and call it Dinaricans.
I never knew the battle against addiction was that easy.....unfortunately the battle with the bottle never ends.......until you're dead, that is.

Hey, Possum, I'm proud of you, you are one strong man! Lot's of people start, not so many can stop.

Agreed, we'll all need all our wits about us once this roller coaster crests up and over the hill. I see you in the front car, arms held high:-).

Long live Pres. Possum (has a unique ring!)

My one bone of contention is death for ALL on death row. Putting an innocent man to death is a terrible thing, where applicable I'll want to give everyone DNA testing. Our prison system is a mess, but I get sick hearing of people on death row or in prison, 25 yrs and more, suddenly cleared w/ DNA testing not available at the time of trial. Granted there aren't many, but there are more than I want.

Possum agrees to DNA test if needed. Otherwise, fire up Ole Sparky, hang'em, or firing squad. And do it in football stadiums, charge admission, pay per view via cable and the Internet. This is one of my solutions to help reduce the cost of incarerating the condemned. Frankly, lethal injection is to humane and would be boring to watch. On the illegals I would give them all 1 week to turn themselves in or cross the border. Then I would put a bounty on their head and permit all the legal citizens take care of business. That would end the problem very quickly. The he'll with what is politically correct and what the rest of the world thinks. Most of them hate our guts anyway, so let's quit kidding ourselves it's time for the most powerful country in history to flex it's muscles and remind these slimy terrorist and liberals who is running the show.

• Downvote 1

Possum, I understand the fervor of your convictions, and in many ways I'm with you in Spirit if not in letter, I agree we have to do something, but think we have to be careful in being too funadamental. You're taking complexity and trying to squeeze it into a box. Suddenly removing all alien labor would create huge problems -- you'd suddenly have trouble with your professional class who often rely on illegals for childcare and/or house work, agriculture relies on their help in a big way, crops would rot in the fields, prices would rocket (even more). First, Americans have not wanted to do the work, and certainly not for the price being paid -- sometimes it might be the farmer being a tightwad, but sometimes it's all or more than, the business can sustain. In VT over the past 2 years we have lost dairy farmers at about an 80% rate, that's terrible. No where in America do they produce better milk -- a hidden secret in the communities is that farmers do have to use illegals, some are good and some take terrible advantage. In winter, VT Dairy farmers are averaging a $3,000 a mo loss, even with illegals -- their not weathy to begin with, how can they sustain that?? Would I rather have illegals, than lose all the dairy farms in VT, yes I would. 20 years ago I had a horse farm just outside of Princeton, I bred thoroughbreds. What was a rural, pastoral setting, almost over night exploded into a bedroom community. I had carpal tunnel syndrome and couldn't get help local with the barn work, they were all too uppity. I had expensive horses that had to be taken care of. The law then was that I had to advertise to prove that I could not get an American, which I think is fair -- I did not even have one call. I think I ran the ad 6 wks. And then hired 2 bros, we thought the young one was 16 but he turned out to be 14. I wnet to Berlitz and then had a Spanish tutor. Those guys had the greatest work ethic and would sing doing chores, they were great with my 4 young children. I came to trust them implicitly. We worked hard to teach them English and eventually found a class for them. After a couple of years the eldest went home and another brother replaced him. Later there were wives, but meanwhile we took them to an immigration lawyer in Newark. After about 6 yrs we moved to SC, the "muchachos" stayed with the farm. One of my proudest moments was last year, when Mateo called me, I hadn't heard from him in 15 years. He proudly told me that that day he received his US citizenship. He is also now the owner of a growing landscaping firm, he was so happy to tell me. He has two children doing well at the public elementary, his son is a star soccer player with the rec league. These are the kind of people we need in this country. No, they are not all like that, I know, but we're going to need to learn to sort the wheat from the chaff. Because not everybody is here to scam the system (which has far too may convenient holes, our founding fathers would roll over if they heard of drive thru voting). You need to understand the history, and our role in it. Since the late 1800's we have been recruiting cheap illegal Mexican labor, you can not blame anyone for wanting to make a beter life for themselves or their family, for trying to put food on the table. I read an eye opening article last summer, sometimes we lure them in, and then sometimes we do whatevr we can to treat them like vermin and throw them out (until we have great need again) . I agree we can't possibly afford to have them come will nilly or to have them cross the border and drive up to a hospital just for major surgery. But on the other hand, we can't afford to not have at least some. It's a complicated problem, do we let illegals go to school or do we have hoodlum adolescents roaming like a pack of dogs?? That is one way to get them speaking (and reading) our language, I think having schools taught is Spanish is crazy. I don't like flying in and out of Miami and feeling like I'm in a foreign land, with more signs in Spanish than English. Still, having lived a lot in Europe, I can tell you the avg American (if there even is such a thibng) is very provincial. Because we are so isolated geographically, we do value learning other languages. In Europe it is not at all unusual for someone to know 3 languages, maybe 4. Have you ever wondered what Jesus would say? When Mexicans risk life and limb to cross the border to get a job, do you think Jesus would say shoot 'em dead? Possum, I'm sure not pointing my finger at you, lots of times I've come up with solutions I don't think my Lord would be happy with. Life is a journey, we're all growing and learning, whether we realize it or not. OK, thanks for indulging me. End of lecture :-)