Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Are Banks REALLY Going to be Involved in an RV at This Time?

frost bit

We get so excited about the likelihood of an RV, I haven't seen anything regarding the banks willingness to get involved in an exchange. I hear that they have been "notified", etc., but nothing on the basis of their eagerness to get involved in this exchange. Maybe I have missed something, but there seems to be no evidence of their waiting with baited breath for this to happen.

Even after there is an RV, etc., the amount of money that the dinar would exchange for in, say, U.S. dollars would likely be huge. Wouldn't this be extremely risky for the banks to take in dinar for a dollars exchange. Iraq isn't exactly a stable country and the banks might not get their money back. Wouldn't it make more sense that the banks wait until, not only after the elections, but wait a few years for Iraq to be considered safe for this type of exchange? Oil purchases are through "stable" entities, but cash purchases would not be, IMO.

I think there are many justifiable reasons for the dinar to RV; but, again, wouldn't the rest of the world banks, investment firms, etc. outside of the middle east be highly cautious before jumping in and making this kind of investment?

Is there any guaranty that the U.S. Treasury, IMF, etc. protect these banks from potential loss?

Most bankers in the executive positions should know first and just be more alert in your research this time. I personally believe the revaluation plan is arriving soon. Please keep our fingers crossed and pray hard for it to happen asap! We have been waiting for an RV to become real for so many donkey years.

I can assure you its not a scam ...i've seen the 2009-2010 mri book of foreign currencies ..it list all currencies including the iqd ...and we have it over at our chase branch along with 2 de la rue machines...but we do not have showing on our screens yet!!!!!!! ....and dont ask what branch...but here is a hint so. Florida

You know I asked this question earlier and almost got my head bit off. If there is a so called email. Where is it? An email should be easy to cut and past w/o names attached. If there was really an email. Trust me somebody would have posted it with out names. IMO there is no email about banks getting a heads up. Sorry for hurting anybody's feelings.

• Upvote 5

It's not "an RV or an revalue" its "A RV or A revalue" I seriously do not get why so many people use "an" improperly on this message board. It does not even read properly! "An" goes before a vowel sound and "A" goes before a consonant sound".

Sorry but for some reason trying to read post where people say "an rv" annoys me.

Banks won't know until it happens. Some of the larger banks who reqularly perform currency exchanges will be aware that there's a possibility, but until the Dinar is OFFICIALLY a recognized currency outside of Iraq, they wont do much with it, or provide much info for it.

The big shots on the other site if I'm not mistaking had this one confirmed about the banks, once again it's only being asked to see some kind of proof, that's all seems pretty straight forward to me

5th/3rd bank that's throughout the Midwest, currently sell dinar. I asked them if they buy it now and will they be exchanging it if it happens to have a significant re-value. I told him I was buying it in speculation that its going to re-value soon.

He said, no prolem. I'd be able tpo purchase dinar (order it and get within 48hrs, but usually 24hrs) or exchange it at any branch.

I have talked to other large banks and they only deal in Canadian money in their currency dept..

So, it just depends on the bank.

Regarding the value of the dinar and getting stuck...major banks will give you a percent of the depost initially, then upon verification (like 2 days) you get the balance. Usually, that is after it hits the Fed Reserve. No risk. The risk is in in fed banks holding the dinar for future Iraqi purchases or trading with other countries. That is why a RV at the RIGHT time is important. No bombings, debt reduction, growth all go towards the success of a RV and the countries stability.

A or An?

"Use a before a consonant sound; use an before a vowel sound. Before a letter or an acronym or before numerals, choose a or an according to the way the letter or numeral is pronounced: an FDA directive, a U.N. resolution, a $5.00 bill" (Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage). "An RV" is entirely correct. Call your high school English teacher.