Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

how many people think this could all be just a scam

I wouldn't label it as a scam.

There is potential to make $, but the returns we hope for may not compare to the worst-case scenario results.

People believe the Iraqi Dollar will gain strength over time, but it may not necessarily ever RV.

In a couple years, it could never match what it is to the USD, but it could be something where we maybe 10 times our money at some point.

The possibilities are endless.

And remember, we're exchanging currency, so we're not really out money except whatever we pay for mark-ups, shipping fees, and so forth.

It is just that it is in a different currency than what we can spend....

Think of it as a cost of putting money away that could turn into something better.. :)

Pretty much agree with this. Hopefully it's not a scam, but I wouldn't rule it out. I look at it this way - I've thrown away alot more money than this and my chances are at least as good, if not better than, the lottery or other gambling. I guess you could say I'm "caustiously optimistic". So, will just wait and see!

• Upvote 2

If we have been scammed, then every major world gov't along with us has been scammed as well. Can you imagine the rain of hurt that will fall on Iraq if they have been toying with the world? I know they are crazy, but I do not believe they are suicidal.

Unless those governments are in on it.

i contemplated about this very subject on the way to movies today and i came over the realization that this whole deal with the dinar RV is a once in a life time situation..not for a investment return but for Iraq as well..there is no do-over once the trigger is pulled..they have to have everything in place, a contingency plan and a whole slew of other precautions and plans..its our job to wait..just survive long enough to see this come to play. we will be alright.

I did lots and lots and lots of research before we made our first purchase. I have one good friend who has been in the investment for years and currently owns hundred of millions in Dinar. I have another friend (more conservative) that owns several million in Dinar and this guy is quite savvy in the investment world. Speculative investment? YES, VERY SPECULATIVE but, isn't every investment a speculation of IF and WHEN? This investment is almost that...it is NOT IF...it is WHEN...I believe with all my heart this WILL happen...hoping it isn't a LOP but if it is, we would get 3-5 times our initial investment, not what we want of course but, it would still be a bunch of cash....

I think the main problem with all the "scam" talk is that articles and newsletters like this one below have been coming out more numerously as of late. I'm not sure why we are hearing all of this now, especially since this investment has been taking place since early in the decade, but we are hearing discussion and in some of that discussion, the word "Scam" is being used.

I like many on here just believe...unless you bought counterfeit Dinar or you paid astronomical fees for your Dinar of course...that the Dinar investment is just a highly speculative investment with a potential of very nice returns. I always thought that the worst I could do would be to get my money back and even that scenario seemed highly unlikely. We all just have to hang onto our hope and trust that Iraq finally does the right thing...especially if she hopes to lure international investment in the future.

God bless to all! :tiphat:

Moneynews

Setting the Record Straight on the Iraqi Dinar

By: Sean Hyman

Sunday, while I was at church, a guy couldn’t wait to stop me. His relative told him that he

needed to buy the Iraqi dinar. He knew I worked in the currency market and so thankfully

he consulted me first.

I’m always fascinated by people who don’t know anything about currency investing ... and

yet they fall hook, line, and sinker for one of the biggest scams of them all.

Many currency scams out there involve the dinar. That’s because the dinar has huge

appeal ... much like a penny stock.

Have you ever seen someone tempted to buy 10,000 shares of a stock that’s worth 10

cents? They say, "Heck if it goes to 20 cents, 50 cents or even a dollar, I’m going to make

quite a bit of money on my investment."

While that may be true, people never get rich off of penny stocks. There are many

reasons for that. One of them is that many of the biggest institutions are barred from

buying stocks below $5 a share.

Another issue is the lack of volume in these stocks. Without the big institutional

involvement, these stocks remain dead in the water.

Well, it’s the same way with a currency like the dinar. Everyone seems to think that since

Iraq is forming a new government, that its currency is going to soar and investors are

going to get rich.

If that were so true, why aren’t the big institutions snapping it up? They aren’t stupid. Why

don’t central banks ****** up a lot of it? Heck, if an individual could get rich, a central

bank could buy up enough to resolve their country’s deficits. But none of them are

snatching it up either. They all know the truth that the naïve don’t know ... it’s never going

to skyrocket in price.

Why not? Well, the first point is mentioned above. No big institutions are going to invest in

it and that’s what it takes to push up a currency over time. It takes the “big money” being

involved.

Secondly, Iraq still lacks political instability and that region will always will have political

and economic instability. The big money is never itching to gamble on a region that has

continually proven to be unstable.

Thirdly, it’s technically illegal to have the currency outside of Iraq according to the

country’s central bank. So there are “importation risks.” FedEx and others are not

supposed to deliver it to other countries since it’s illegal to own outside of Iraq.

Fourthly, anyone who is selling it to you is going to price in a huge mark-up that would

take an enormous appreciation of the currency to overcome that enormous mark-up. But

that’s just when you buy it. Then when you sell it, someone would do the same thing again

to you. So the “spread costs” would be simply crazy.

Many of you know that I don’t gamble ... but I’d rather see you go to Las Vegas and

gamble away the money you were going to spend on the dinar. At least that way you

would have had a thrill and gotten at least that out of it.

Monday, January 3, 2011 07:39 AM

Join the Robber Barons Next Door. Your Potential Reward: $137,000 (or more)

Legally in Your Pocket in the Next Year Alone!

Moneynews - America's Money News Page - Print Page Page 1 of 2

http://www.moneynews.com/PrintTemplate?nodeid=381657 1/10/2011

So don’t be tempted to buy the dinar from some website, eBay, or anywhere else. You

can look on many governmental websites and they will show you that it’s a scam.

Don’t buy penny stocks ... and don’t buy the Iraqi dinar.

Instead, buy “real” currencies that are fully tradable and have the macroeconomics behind

them to appreciate over time. Buy ones with sufficient liquidity and small spreads between

the buy and sell quotes.

Trust me, there’s a reason why the major currency trading firms of the world don’t trade

the dinar. They may trade high-risk, emerging market currencies, but at least those are

fully tradable and legal to own and hold.

So don’t fall for all of the “dinar hype” out there. It’s just that — hype!

© Moneynews. All rights reserved.

About the Author: Sean Hyman

Sean Hyman is a member of the Moneynews Financial Brain Trust. He is also the editor of Money Matrix Insider.

Iraqi Dinar A Scam!.pdf