Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

500 Dinar Notes

ladwiss

The CBI website shows their paper currencies in the following denominations 25000,10000,5000, 1000, 250, 50 Where is the 500 ? I have seen these 500 notes for purchase as new iraqi dinar 500 but why would cbi not want them on their site ? Anybody have any factual input for this occurance. I wanted to get some maybe but>> don't know the story Thanks:

I don't have a reply, but I do have a question. We bought our dinars in 2006, are they still acceptable, or have they been replaced with a new release and what we have are not longer any good? I am afraid I have not kept up with some of the changes. Sorry if this is a repeat question.

http://en.allexperts.com/e/i/ir/iraqi_dinar.htm

2003 Series

Value Colour Obverse Reverse

50 dinars Purple Grain silos at Basra Date palms

250 dinars Blue An astrolabe Spiral minaret at Samarra

500 dinars Bluish-Green Ducan Dam on the Al Zab river Assyrian carving of a winged bull

1,000 dinars Brown A gold dinar coin Al-Mustansirya University, Baghdad

5,000 dinars Dark blue Gully Ali Beg and its waterfall Desert fortress at Al-Ukhether

10,000 dinars Green Abu Ali Hasan Ibn al-Haitham Hadba Minaret at the Great Nurid Mosque, Mosul

25,000 dinars Red A Kurdish farmer holding a sheaf of wheat Carving of King Hammurabi

• 5 months later...

Current banknotes

2003 Series

Image Value Main Color Description

Obverse Reverse Obverse Reverse

50 dinars Purple Grain silos at Basra Date palms

250 dinars Blue An astrolabe Spiral minaret of the Great Mosque of Samarra

500 dinars Bluish-Green Dûkan Dam on the Al Zab river Assyrian carving of a winged bull

1,000 dinars Brown A gold dinar coin Mustansiriya School , Baghdad

5,000 dinars Dark blue Gelî Ali Beg and its waterfall Desert fortress at Al-Ukhether

10,000 dinars Green Abu Ali Hasan Ibn al-Haitham Hadba Minaret at the Great Nurid Mosque, Mosul

25,000 dinars Red A Kurdish farmer holding a sheaf of wheat Carving of the Code of King Hammurabi

Sorry posted already

can not delete

Edited by mrwhitewolf69

FRONT: Ducan Dam: The dam is located by Al Zab dowside river within Sulaimania governorate ,it is 70 KM far to the north west of Sulaimania city.Dam Type: A bowed concrete , it half diameter is 120 M , it is top length 360 M . at a width of 8.4 M . Overall Storage Capacity : 6.8 Billion cubic meter

BACK: Winged Bull : It is a huge statue ,its length 4.42 M weighs more than 10 tons , one individual of the couples guards one of the wall doors of the dur shrokeen city which was founded by the Assyrian king Surjoon the second (721- 705 B.C.) which sinhareb , surjoon's son has abandoned and transferred the Capital to Ninava city.

oh sorry yes the 500 IQD is still located on display at CBI web site, click banknotes after you load the home page

Edited by zantac
  • Upvote 1

The CBI website shows their paper currencies in the following denominations 25000,10000,5000, 1000, 250, 50 Where is the 500 ? I have seen these 500 notes for purchase as new iraqi dinar 500 but why would cbi not want them on their site ? Anybody have any factual input for this occurance. I wanted to get some maybe but>> don't know the story Thanks:

I believe the 500 was the last one to be issued.. It is also the rarest because they didn't print that many!

I don't have a reply, but I do have a question. We bought our dinars in 2006, are they still acceptable, or have they been replaced with a new release and what we have are not longer any good? I am afraid I have not kept up with some of the changes. Sorry if this is a repeat question.

You have nothing to worry about....they havent changed the currency so anything you got is good to go if it was printed after 2003.....except the smaller denom coins they put out for a short time...those are nothing more then a collectors item now :lol: