Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question on dinar lower denoms

Papa Kilo

I have seen several post of people reffering to the lower denoms. I'm curious, are members looking to find out if the lower denoms exist or if they are being used(circulated)?

When I purchased my dinars(2006) the company sent me a complimentary set of the currency from the one dinar up to the 25000.

Papa,

"If that is true", and "if it is the current, valid currency", and "if you would post a picture of it"...........................

Then, you truly would be respected of the entire Dinar WORLD!

So lets see your 1, 5, 10 and 25 notes via a picture, based on your claim.....

We are waiting and will praise you once you have done this.

• Upvote 1

I hope you bought the current Iraq Dinar and not the old Dinar. No one has seen the lower 4 denominations in the new or current bills. When I was in Kuwait they had barrels of old bills for sale. They are worthless except for someone as a collectable.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the pictures of the 1 Dinar note. I need to correct my first post because when I looked I did not have any other notes in between 1 and a 500 note. However the 1 dinar note should suffice.

Looks like you have a 1 Dinar Note that is slightly less valuable than the present 500 IQD present note.....

1992 1 Dinar Note

Link

http://www.banknotes.com/iq.htm

http://www.banknotes.com/IQ79.JPG

Thanks for playing.

You may want to take them back for a refund.

O.K. Again, I try hard to stay away from posting anything because I know everyone wants links and proof. But to back up what Papa Kilo has posted.... My husband is a contractor in Iraq.... He has been there since 2004. He is the Rg. Manager for the APO Ops.... He very rarely gets out to the local market because frankly... he works 12-15 hour days 7 days a week. We have just been waiting like everyone else . I enjoy reading all that is wrote (taking it for what it is worth) .... with that said, I asked him if he could break away and go to the local market and ask about the lower demon..... Today he did.... This is the e-mail he sent back....

Ok I'm back

I went to one of the local markets in Nazaria. I spoke to one of the shop owners about the smaller denominations of the Dinar; he said they have had the smaller denominations since they minted the new currency as well as coins. They have not been put in circulation because it takes so much of them to conduct business. So there you go straight from the Iraqi public. The shop owner said he could get the following denominations 1,5,10,20,50,100,500 but it would be a large amount because 1 US dollar would get you around 1000 1 dollar bills.

Put whatever weight you feel you need to on this. Also from another post.... They have not allowed anyone to mail out dinar in a long time now. I know when that e-mail came across to my Husband a couple of years ago, we were thinking it might be close then but ....... nothing happened.

I know it will happen soon..... We all just need to Trust in God and believe!!!!!

Have a great day

• Upvote 1