Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi general gunned down in Baghdad

tcjams

– 15 mins ago

BAGHDAD (AFP) – Gunmen using silenced weapons have killed two motorists in Baghdad, including an Iraqi brigadier general, and wounded a third, the defence and interior ministries said on Thursday.

The car of General Imad Hasham of the army's sixth division was raked with gunfire Wednesday night as he drove in Mansur district, killing him and wounding his daughter, said officials from the ministries.

In another attack late Wednesday, gunmen, also with silenced weapons, shot and wounded police Lieutenant Colonel Majid Hamid as he was driving through Amiriya in Baghdad.

And on Thursday, physician Mohammed Ismail was shot dead by men again armed with silenced guns, in the western Baghdad district of Adel, an interior ministry official said.

Also on Thursday, an Iraqi police patrol discovered the body of Barbaros Mohammed Habeeb, a member of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan -- Iraqi President Jalal Talabani's party -- in the disputed northern oil hub of Kirkuk, police Colonel Azad Abdullah said.

Habeeb had been shot 10 times, Abdullah said.

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki named security as one of his three top priorities after parliament on Tuesday approved his nomination for a second term of office and gave its stamp of approval to his national unity government.

While violence has dropped dramatically across Iraq since its peak in 2006 and 2007, attacks remain common, especially in the capital and the main northern city of Mosul.

The number of people killed in violence in Iraq last month was the lowest in a year for the second month running, with 171 people -- 105 civilians, 23 soldiers and 43 policemen -- dying in attacks.

LINK B)

• Upvote 2

Difference with this attack is that it was coordinated against high level military officials, and the others also make the same sort of sense in a twisted and sick way.

You're right k98, they're animals, but more like rabid animals with no common sense. Probably came from Iran along with the other scum that the Iraqi's caught with all the explosives.

I think they should take them all out to a dump, and tie them to the explosives they brought, and send them back to the false gods they serve with the detonation they intended to set off... and then televise it. :angry:

• Upvote 6

Difference with this attack is that it was coordinated against high level military officials, and the others also make the same sort of sense in a twisted and sick way.

You're right k98, they're animals, but more like rabid animals with no common sense. Probably came from Iran along with the other scum that the Iraqi's caught with all the explosives.

I think they should take them all out to a dump, and tie them to the explosives they brought, and send them back to the false gods they serve with the detonation they intended to set off... and then televise it. :angry:

I agree with you 100%, no doubt a set up.....very sad.

• Upvote 1

I'm all for stopping the violence, but with regards to what you have said above...what differentiates you from them?

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one yourself...."

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If we really want them to stop one thing that I know isn't PC and would never be used again but General Blackjack Pershing while in the Philippines had a Muslim uprising.. Those that were caught were executed but before they were the bullets were all dipped in pigs blood so that they knew they would be unclean and not enter heaven. The uprising was stopped in less than a month.

• Upvote 2

I'm all for stopping the violence, but with regards to what you have said above...what differentiates you from them?

thank you!

all of these religious nuts spouting out versus of thier holy book when it suites. or make excuses for our collective greed of this great currency exchange. then damning all of the "heathens" (which is not your right so the holy book says) and wishing for thier deaths. if your such "choosen" individuals TURN AN PRESENT THE OTHER CHEEK!

oh by the way GO RV!!!!

i hope all these viloent tendencies are subdued on both sides.

These people are animals

Because of what we are accustomed to, they appear like animals like sociopaths no understanding no remorse no rules of engagement and news like this hurts investment but if the Iraqis really executed those 39 gunmen without a trial and based on M's past, They will kill off all that oppose the government. It won't be pretty and there may be some human rights violations in the process but they will do it there way. They will not do it our way, even though we are right and just, from their point of view it would take way too long and would require work which is something they are not known for...

I don't kill Christians just for fun, they do. It's sanctioned by their religious leaders.

Get off your high horse. If the military didn't do their job, you'd be impoverished and in a world of terrorist hurt.

Go paint some rainbows and think happy thoughts. :blink:

If we really want them to stop one thing that I know isn't PC and would never be used again but General Blackjack Pershing while in the Philippines had a Muslim uprising.. Those that were caught were executed but before they were the bullets were all dipped in pigs blood so that they knew they would be unclean and not enter heaven. The uprising was stopped in less than a month.

You know what? I think that's the best thing I've ever heard. Should do it for all military applications... I like it... :D

• Upvote 1