Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The ping

The Original Spike

All this information and who its coming from makes me skeptical. The sad part is that probably some of your posts are legit but there are so many of you dispensing your intel that I would have to spend more time than I prefer to to figure out which of you is "in the know" and which of you is here to entertain yourself. I guess what I am saying is that there is so much BS going on in here that I don't believe any of you. I do however deep down believe the RV is about to happen and I am here waiting for the right person to say so.

My other curiousity is how its determined when you are no longer a newbie and how you elevate your status to.....lets say.......senior member. I am not a downer nor any other title you want to place on me. I am simply one confused individual. For those of you who are genuinely posting what they consider to be accurate info..Thanks To the rest of you I can only say that you are very successful at jamming this site with nonsense but the rewards of the impending RV neutralizes you and downgrades you to being simply a pest.

By all means, please correct me if I am wrong but....

Doesn't ping send a simple packet containing only the basic layers, origin and destination information simply: "this is where i am from and this is where I am going"? It gets an ack and that is it. Why would it carry a rate, or a date? It carries the date that the packet was created, and ack will carry the date and time stamp of reception. I have been in the nerd business for a decade, ping is as simple and basic as "Can you hear me now? Good."

Ping /t now that is bit different because it is requesting an ack from every jump point.

This ping IMO has to be different. I imagine it is probably carried out by secure and private connection between the agency sending the original message, and the first destination. Like the phone from Gordon's office to the batcave. In this case Gordon tells batman on a private line, then batman uses his less secure line to call Robin out of the Thunder from Down Under show, who will use even less secure means to tell his outback friend that his performance is wonderful and he won't be able to meet him backstage. (Did I mention I was a nerd and Comi-con is going on in my city?) The communication that is being tested at your local branch would be coming most likely from a secondary or tertiary provider, who ALSO does not have the rate. And unless the person is actually sending the ping from the server, that i am assuming is encrypting the packet, the admin on the receiving end will not see anything that is beneficial. Except maybe, all developers out there say it with me... "Hello world"

Us nerds gotta stick together and I don't want to bad mouth a card carrying member at all, but this use of a ping in a technical environment is seeming a bit far fetch. Maybe it is a financial thing? Obviously, since I am still working, I am not too good at the financial thing :)

i think its these great rumors that make me go crazy when things are delayed or doesn't happen. But i will always stay optimistic GO RV.... I NEED IT. I just want to laugh at all the people who said it wouldn't happen

I am so with ya!!!! lol lol

Two points from my point of view ...

First of all this computer guru thing ... it is too bad the word guru has become something so terrible here on the forum. My husband was a computer guru. He worked in shop for some of his clients but when he could he gave excellent "in shop" service in home and of course in offices. He was contracted to trouble shoot and replace point of sale machinery, the stuff you swipe your card through or, with the chip just push it into the bottom. He worked with computers since the days when the personal computer meant the Atari system. Anyway, I am proud to say he was a computer guru and believe me, working for the bank on local issues that don't require calling in head office personnel, can lead to all sorts of interesting revelations.

Second, about this rumour. There have been maybe, over the years, about three rumours that when I heard them I actually considered they may be the real deal. This is one of them. But then, I suppose it may have something to hohw much you trust the person passing along the information ...

;)

smee2