Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kings and Priests - Dutch Sheets & Tom Schleuter - GiveHIM15 * 11/17/2021 - Spiritual Insight

ronscarpa

• 5 min read

November 17, 2021

Kings and Priests

As believers, we are a royal or kingly priesthood (1 Peter 2:9). Priests offer to God prayers, petitions and praise, both for themselves and on behalf of others. As kings, we represent the authority of God to earth. Jesus modeled both, representing humans to God and God to humans. He is the great King-Priest, after the order of Melchizedek. We are now partners with Him in this ministry. My friend, Tom Schleuter, has written powerfully on this subject of the “royal priesthood.”

“It was late February of 2001, and I was standing on the spot where Martin Luther declared his famous speech before the Diet held in Worms, Germany (the Diet was the legislature of the German empire, or Holy Roman Empire, from the 12th century to 1806). I was sobbing uncontrollably as I sensed the power of the Holy Spirit surge through me. As His words gushed forth, I proclaimed: ‘I am blowing My wind upon the church. I am restoring worship. I am restoring the priesthood. I will move upon My people in Germany. I will move upon My people in the nations. I am beginning a new reformation.’

“I was in Germany on a prayer assignment. While there, a businessman took another intercessor and me to Worms, the site of Martin Luther’s trial. In April of 1521, Luther was called to make an appearance before the Diet. Everything he had written and spoken about would be questioned. The Diet was not only a gathering of church officials from the Roman Catholic Church but involved the Emperor himself.

“According to Roland H. Bainton in his biography of Luther, Here I Stand, Martin Luther was “a simple monk, a miner’s son, with nothing to sustain him save his own faith in the Word of God.” Over a two-day period, Luther underwent an extensive examination of his writings about justification by faith and the priesthood of all believers, among other doctrinal topics. To the demand of the Diet that he renounce his heretical beliefs, Luther responded by declaring:

‘…Unless I am convicted by Scripture and plain reason—I do not accept the authority of popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other—my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and will not recant anything, for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe. God help me. Amen.’

“Now, centuries later on the same location, the Lord was proclaiming a fresh wind of reformation and revival. The focus of the Lord’s words was on the restoration of the priesthood of all believers–not a priesthood that is defined by clerical collars, liturgical robes or religious rituals and liturgies, nor a role filled by professional pastors and priests. God’s desire for the priesthood is declared in Exodus 19:4-6 – the first reference of God’s chosen people being called priests:

‘You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself. Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.’  (Exodus 19:4-6)

“The Lord was speaking to the whole house of Israel. He had delivered them from the clutches of the Pharaoh, and was making a covenant with them at His Mountain. Yahweh declared that those who obeyed His voice and kept His covenant would, as a treasured people, have the privilege of serving before Him as priests, entering into His very presence and communing with Him.

“These verses are obviously directed towards the children of Israel. Does the New Testament have anything to say about this to believers in Jesus, however? The answer lies in 1 Peter 2:9,10:

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.  (1 Peter 2:9,10)

“Through Peter, God spoke the same message to those who have been redeemed by Christ Jesus as He had spoken to Israel. He has been restoring this priesthood. We, as a royal or kingly priesthood, will carry His presence and light to the nations. He is calling His people, His bride, into a place of intimate fellowship, worship, and prayer. In that place of intimacy, He will release His heart TO His redeemed people, and reveal His heart FOR the people of the earth. God wants people from all nations to gather at His throne as royal priests.

“I recognize that all of us have preconceived notions about priests and priesthood. Some believe they are strictly an Old Testament phenomenon. Others equate the priesthood with those wearing the collars and robes. However, I believe the function of the priest is to go into God’s presence to honor Him, give Him thanks, and hear His heart. Then, in their kingly function, they are to express God’s heart to the people.

“We are now in the season when the full mantle represented by Melchizedek - that of king and priest - is being imparted to us. Our destiny is linked with our Lord Jesus Christ. He is forever the Priest according to the order of Melchizedek. And in Him, we are of the same order.

The Lord said to my Lord, ‘Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.’ The Lord shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion. Rule in the midst of Your enemies! Your people shall be volunteers in the day of Your power; in the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning, You have the dew of Your youth. The Lord has sworn and will not relent, ‘You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.’ (Psalm 110:1-4 NKJV)

“We are kings and priests seated in the heavenlies with Christ. As such, we exercise the full anointing and authority of the Kingdom. It is essential in this season that we draw near to the King of kings and ready ourselves to declare the words He is speaking into our nation and the nations of the earth.”

Pray with me:

Father, Your word declares in Psalm 110 that in the day of Your power we will rise up as volunteers. We raise our hands and declare that we will walk in that mantle. We take up the call that has been proclaimed in ages past. Draw us into the synergy of the ages. We declare that we are the faithful kings and priests You have destined us to be. We will be those You use to bring Your kingdom and will on earth as it is in heaven. This is the day of volunteering. We will carry out the promised destiny of ruling in the midst of Your enemies, Lord.

We believe Your Word from 1 Peter 2:9 (TPT) which says,You are God's chosen treasure – priests who are kings, a spiritual nation set apart as God’s devoted ones. He called you out of darkness to experience His marvelous light, and now He claims you as His very own. He did this so that you would broadcast His glorious wonders throughout the world.”  Lord, cause the Ekklesia in this hour to manifest this Christ-anointing. Amen.

Our decree:

We decree that we will release the compassion of Christ, our High Priest, and His authority as King into the earth.

You can find out more about Tom Schlueter here. Today’s post was taken from his book Return of the Priests: Discovering God's True Intent for His People.

Click on the link below to watch the full video.

194 likes. Post marked as liked
  • Upvote 1