Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

President Biden Won't Be Denied Communion At His DC Church

Washington Examiner

Biden won't be denied Communion at his DC church

Carly Roman
Tue, June 29, 2021, 5:18 PM

dc5b3a86e605d24fd4bc594b77a6b65c

President Joe Biden won't be denied Communion, a church he frequents in Washington, D.C., announced Tuesday.

After controversy surrounding Biden's support for access to abortion, which some say puts him at odds with the teachings of the Catholic Church, the Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Washington’s Georgetown neighborhood released a statement saying it "will not deny the Eucharist to persons presenting themselves to receive it."

"As Pope Francis recently reaffirmed, communion should be viewed 'not as a prize for the perfect, but as a powerful medicine and nourishment for the weak,'" the statement continued. "None of us, whether we stand in the pews or behind the altar, is worthy to receive it. The great gift of the Holy Eucharist is too sacred to be made a political issue."

Archbishop Wilton Gregory of Washington said in November 2020 that he would not deny Biden Holy Communion due to his stance on abortion, a fact the church noted in its statement.

"As the Holy Trinity Parish Council, we stand with our Archbishop, Cardinal Wilton Gregory, concerning the issues surrounding offering the Eucharist to American politicians," the Tuesday press release said. "As a parish which has a long history of welcoming all, we concur with and support the pastoral approach of our Archbishop. Holy Trinity Catholic Church will not deny the Eucharist to persons presenting themselves to receive it."

Biden, a frequent churchgoer who supports abortion access, recently predicted he wouldn't be denied the religious sacrament despite the controversy.

"That’s a private matter, and I don't think that's going to happen," he told reporters at the White House.

Whether to grant Biden and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a Catholic who said in 2019 that abortion bans "ignore basic morality," the religious sacrament has been a subject of controversy in recent weeks.

On June 18, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops voted 168-55, with six abstentions, during its three-day Spring General Assembly to create an educational document on the Catholic sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, which could lead to politicians who support the legality of abortions being denied Holy Communion.

Local bishops have the right to deny the sacrament to those they believe are acting in ways that contradict the teachings of the Catholic Church, a degree of discretion some have indicated they may exercise.

Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco said last month that Biden and Pelosi should be denied Holy Communion due to their support for abortion.

"I have had ... conversations with Speaker Pelosi. She knows that I stand by church teaching, and I know she is respectful enough not to do anything so provocative, so I'm confident that would not happen," he said. "In the case of President Biden or any other prominent Catholic, I think what I would do is if I knew that they were coming into the area here and planned to attend Mass, I would try to have those conversations, as well, ahead of time."

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-wont-denied-communion-dc-211800298.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

10 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:
Washington Examiner

Biden won't be denied Communion at his DC church

Carly Roman
Tue, June 29, 2021, 5:18 PM

dc5b3a86e605d24fd4bc594b77a6b65c

President Joe Biden won't be denied Communion, a church he frequents in Washington, D.C., announced Tuesday.

After controversy surrounding Biden's support system" rel="">support for access to abortion, which some say puts him at odds with the teachings of the Catholic Church, the Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Washington’s Georgetown neighborhood released a statement saying it "will not deny the Eucharist to persons presenting themselves to receive it."

"As Pope Francis recently reaffirmed, communion should be viewed 'not as a prize for the perfect, but as a powerful medicine and nourishment for the weak,'" the statement continued. "None of us, whether we stand in the pews or behind the altar, is worthy to receive it. The great gift of the Holy Eucharist is too sacred to be made a political issue."

Archbishop Wilton Gregory of Washington said in November 2020 that he would not deny Biden Holy Communion due to his stance on abortion, a fact the church noted in its statement.

"As the Holy Trinity Parish Council, we stand with our Archbishop, Cardinal Wilton Gregory, concerning the issues surrounding offering the Eucharist to American politicians," the Tuesday press release said. "As a parish which has a long history of welcoming all, we concur with and support system" rel="">support the pastoral approach of our Archbishop. Holy Trinity Catholic Church will not deny the Eucharist to persons presenting themselves to receive it."

Biden, a frequent churchgoer who supports abortion access, recently predicted he wouldn't be denied the religious sacrament despite the controversy.

"That’s a private matter, and I don't think that's going to happen," he told reporters at the White House.

Whether to grant Biden and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a Catholic who said in 2019 that abortion bans "ignore basic morality," the religious sacrament has been a subject of controversy in recent weeks.

On June 18, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops voted 168-55, with six abstentions, during its three-day Spring General Assembly to create an educational document on the Catholic sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, which could lead to politicians who support system" rel="">support the legality of abortions being denied Holy Communion.

Local bishops have the right to deny the sacrament to those they believe are acting in ways that contradict the teachings of the Catholic Church, a degree of discretion some have indicated they may exercise.

Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone of San Francisco said last month that Biden and Pelosi should be denied Holy Communion due to their support system" rel="">support for abortion.

"I have had ... conversations with Speaker Pelosi. She knows that I stand by church teaching, and I know she is respectful enough not to do anything so provocative, so I'm confident that would not happen," he said. "In the case of President Biden or any other prominent Catholic, I think what I would do is if I knew that they were coming into the area here and planned to attend Mass, I would try to have those conversations, as well, ahead of time."

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-wont-denied-communion-dc-211800298.html

GO RV, then BV

Sad indeed.  If I was a pashioner I would leave, stop donating.  The priest and archbishop of this Diocese are destroying the teachings of Christ.  It's seems the flocks are standing firm to Christs teachings more than these shepards.

• Upvote 3

Raised Catholic, to take communion at one time had a special meaning, not so much these days.

The Mafioso attended church, went to the confessional on Saturdays, took communion on Sunday.

Abortion is the new way of killing, and it is supported by a “devout” catholic, I guess it is the same narrative.  So sad😩

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, boosterbglee said:

Raised Catholic, to take communion at one time had a special meaning, not so much these days.

The Mafioso attended church, went to the confessional on Saturdays, took communion on Sunday.

Abortion is the new way of killing, and it is supported by a “devout” catholic, I guess it is the same narrative.  So sad😩

Unless you're a Catholic and into your faith's teachings you'll won't understand completely why we fight hard for "life" of all stages, this is wrong, wrong, wrong in the eyes of God and someCatholics/Christians, Priest, and Archbishop are cowards. Going  against, and making changes, 

interpretating the teachings to their liking is evil.  The Pope is human, he can sin as well. He's a coward in is verbiage or he's intentionally in cahoots with them.

Catholic stand firm, once they destroy us they will go after the other denominations.  History all over again.

• Like 1
  • Pow! 3