Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Does Ch. VII Matter?

tphigh2001

I got into this 5 years ago and forgot about it until my brother was stationed at Camp Taji and a very close friend who is a bank VP brought it back up so I bought some more, joined DV and have been checking for news ever since. I have always had the mindset that the most important thing was for Chapter VII to be lifted and to be able to deposit the paper currency into a multi currency account and then figure out what to do next. After the last UN meeting and all of the rumors of Chapter VII being lifted I had a thought that wont go away.

Presidential order 13303 gave US citizens the right to invest in Iraq, buy currency, etc. I have read where many members have bought Dinar from BofA, HSBC, Chase, 5/3rd bank etc. and I know Ali will buy it back (albeit at a 20% loss) so I have 2 questions I am trying to answer:

1. Does anyone know if any of the banks that sell will buy it back

2. Is it not a tradeable currency already, if you can buy it and sale it?

I have emailed a dinar trader to ask why the banks will not handle it with the presidential order (and I know one of the original banks allowed in under the presidential order was Charter bank of England so it is not just US); so why will they not trade it?

The State Department website has several articles from 2009 regarding investing in Iraq, etc. and I have gotten myself confused as to wether or not chapter VII really matters. Maybe it has just been a long week, so any insight would be great.

Thanks and to all our members on the ground over seas, stay safe

• Upvote 1

After reading this back it did not completely make sense, so what I am getting at is how do we (the US) allow a country under Chapter VII sanctions to sale for profit their currency to US Citizens and not allow those same Citizens to sale it back? That to me is the opposite of what the sanctions are meant to accomplish?

And allow US Banks to sale the currency of a Sanctioned country for a profit and then hide behind the Patriot act as to why they do not trade that same currency?

Also for all those feeling down and out just think, the Afghani is worth 26 times what the Dinar is worth, it has no where to go but UP!

I got into this 5 years ago and forgot about it until my brother was stationed at Camp Taji and a very close friend who is a bank VP brought it back up so I bought some more, joined DV and have been checking for news ever since. I have always had the mindset that the most important thing was for Chapter VII to be lifted and to be able to deposit the paper currency into a multi currency account and then figure out what to do next. After the last UN meeting and all of the rumors of Chapter VII being lifted I had a thought that wont go away.

Presidential order 13303 gave US citizens the right to invest in Iraq, buy currency, etc. I have read where many members have bought Dinar from BofA, HSBC, Chase, 5/3rd bank etc. and I know Ali will buy it back (albeit at a 20% loss) so I have 2 questions I am trying to answer:

1. Does anyone know if any of the banks that sell will buy it back

2. Is it not a tradeable currency already, if you can buy it and sale it?

I have emailed a dinar trader to ask why the banks will not handle it with the presidential order (and I know one of the original banks allowed in under the presidential order was Charter bank of England so it is not just US); so why will they not trade it?

The State Department website has several articles from 2009 regarding investing in Iraq, etc. and I have gotten myself confused as to wether or not chapter VII really matters. Maybe it has just been a long week, so any insight would be great.

Thanks and to all our members on the ground over seas, stay safe

My local, regular everyday bank where I purchase dinar with absolutely no fees, has assured me more than once that they could and will exchange the currency back to USD anytime, RV or no RV. I cannot figure out why everyone is caught up on Ali? Maybe I missed something, but its like he has everyone brain-washed...

• Upvote 1

OKMAN,

thanks for the reply. I am not brainwashed by Ali, just happens to be where I bought from the second time around and I knew he would buy it back. I have heard of allot of people buying from banks but was not sure if they would buy it back or not so I appreciate your info.

OKMAN,

thanks for the reply. I am not brainwashed by Ali, just happens to be where I bought from the second time around and I knew he would buy it back. I have heard of allot of people buying from banks but was not sure if they would buy it back or not so I appreciate your info.

OKMAN is correct, you can purchase and sell your dinar now at some banks in the U.S. I work for a bank in So. Calif. and we sell and will exchange Dinar now, however I'm not sure why all the banks don't sell and buy dinar? Perhaps they each interpret their OFAC status differently?

OKMAN is correct, you can purchase and sell your dinar now at some banks in the U.S. I work for a bank in So. Calif. and we sell and will exchange Dinar now, however I'm not sure why all the banks don't sell and buy dinar? Perhaps they each interpret their OFAC status differently?

I was at CHASE BANK yesterday, so I know for a fact that they will buy your dinar.