Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Everclear - Santa Monica

SocalDinar

6 hours ago, umbertino said:

Memories.... Around 1992 I had slept for a few nights at the S.Monica Holiday Inn which is opposite the  S.Monica high school....Nice area  to walk around....( especially coming from Torrance where I had stayed before...)

I’m in Manhattan beach! 

• Thanks 1

On 5/9/2019 at 7:33 AM, umbertino said:

Really nice....I admit I love greater LA....Saw a lot of great communities......Loved Venice and others.....

I used to hang out, skate and surf in Venice and Santa Monica during the Dogtown years. They were both great places. Not so much anymore. Very dirty with a huge homeless population. Place smells like urine everywhere with the occasional hypodermic needle to be found. It's pretty sad. Its a huge problem and yet our legislature is more concerned about giving out straws at restaurants.

I try to stay west of PCH and south of LAX.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SocalDinar said:

I used to hang out, skate and surf in Venice and Santa Monica during the Dogtown years. They were both great places. Not so much anymore. Very dirty with a huge homeless population. Place smells like urine everywhere with the occasional hypodermic needle to be found. It's pretty sad. Its a huge problem and yet our legislature is more concerned about giving out straws at restaurants.

I try to stay west of PCH and south of LAX.  

Thanks for your testimonial, Socal...

Sorry to hear that....

Many years ago I did some volunteer work with the LA Catholic Worker at their  soup kitchen located ( if I remember well) at the corner of Gladys & 6th ( skid row)...Interesting experience..

At night we 'd go sleep at the LACW headquarters  located at the beginning of East LA in N.Britannia St  off Brooklyn Ave. ( not too far from Hollenbeck park)

• Upvote 1