Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ours vs theirs

Qman

Ours vs theirs........

My great grandfather watched as his friends died in the Civil War,

my father watched as his friends died in WW II, & I watched, as my

friends died in Vietnam. None of them died for the Mexican Flag.

Every one of them died for the U.S. flag.

Just this week, here in Texas, a student raised a Mexican flag, on a

school flag pole; another student took it down.

Guess who was expelled....... the kid who took it down.

Kids in high school in California, were sent home on Cinco de Mayo,

because they wore T-shirts with the American flag printed on them.

Enough is enough.

The e-mail message below needs to be viewed by every American;

& every American needs to stand up for America.

We've bent over to appease the America-haters long enough. As of

now, I'm taking a stand. I'm standing up, because the hundreds of

thousands who died fighting in wars for this country, & for the U.S.

flag, can't stand up.

If you agree, stand up with me. If you disagree, please let me know,

And I will gladly remove you from my e-mail list.

And shame on anyone, who tries to make this a racist message.

A Map Of Our Country:

Let me make this perfectly clear.!

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!

And, just because I make This statement

DOES NOT

Mean I am against immigration.!!!

YOU ARE WELCOME HERE, IN OUR COUNTRY!

Welcome, to come through to us, legally:

1. Get a sponsor!

2. Get a place to lay your head!

3. Get a job!

4. Live By OUR Rules!

5. Pay YOUR Taxes!

And

6. Learn the LANGUAGE, just like millions of

immigrants have in the past!!!

AND,

7. Please don't demand that we hand over our lifetime

savings of Social Security Funds to you.

And,

8. Since the time of Lyndon B. Johnson, Democrats have been giving

away our Social Security, to foreigners. It's time they stop. Many of us, who've

already paid into the system for 35-40 years, are now being told,

WE have no right to expect to receive it, from our current Administration.

If you don't want to forward this, for fear of offending someone,

Then YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

When will AMERICANS STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS???

We've gone so far the other way....... bent over backwards not to offend anyone.

But, it seems no one cares about the AMERICAN CITIZEN that's being offended!

• Upvote 6

If anyone EVER doubts what our brave men and women has endured, take a trip to the VA and become a volunteer for a day. The survivors of the wars there will have incredible stories to educate and appreciate the time of the volunteer. Many survivors to this day feel guilty for coming home when their buddies did not. In my opinion, we have to live our lives the best we can for those who did not return, to honor those heros.

By giving up what they died for, or for the survivors that will never be the same......is the absolute biggest injustice I can think of. This is America. Go back thru history. See all the times or brave soldiers overcome incredible odds and gave us what we have today. From our founding fathers to the soldiers in Afghanistan and Iraq and all battles in between.

• Upvote 1

I received this in an e-mail today....it had wonderful old immigration photos (except for the last picture: which was of a current day immigrant, flipping the bird and some other gestures) I could not get the photo's to paste here, but the text is a caption under each photo and you still get the gist. My great grandparents were from Russia. I thank God they were bold and brave to leave everything they knew to come to America. I can't wait to get to Heaven to meet them and thank them.

Maybe we should turn to our history books and point out to people like Mr. Lujan why today's American is not willing to accept this new kind of immigrant any longer. Back in 1900 when there was a rush from all areas of Europe to come to the United States , people had to get off a ship and stand in a long line in New York and be documented.

Some would even get down on their hands and knees and kiss the ground. They made a pledge to uphold the laws and support their new country in good and bad times. They made learning English a primary rule in their new American households and some even changed their names to blend in with their new home.

They had waved goodbye to their birth place to give their children a new life and did everything in their power to help their children assimilate into one culture. Nothing was handed to them. No free lunches, no welfare, no labor laws to protect them. All they had were the skills and craftsmanship they had brought with them to trade for a future of prosperity.

Most of their children came of age when World War II broke out. My father fought along side men whose parents had come straight over from Germany , Italy , France and Japan . None of these 1st generation Americans ever gave any thought about what country their parents had come from. They were Americans fighting Hitler, Mussolini and the Emperor of Japan. They were defending the United States of America as one people.

When we liberated France , no one in those villages were looking for the French American, the German American or the Irish American. The people of France saw only Americans. And we carried one flag that represented one country. Not one of those immigrant sons would have thought about picking up another country's flag and waving it to represent who they were. It would have been a disgrace to their parents who had sacrificed so much to be here. These immigrants truly knew what it meant to be an American. They stirred the melting pot into one red, white and blue bowl.

And here we are with a new kind of immigrant who wants the same rights and privileges. Only they want to achieve it by playing with a different set of rules, one that includes the entitlement card and a guarantee of being faithful to their mother country. I'm sorry, that's not what being an American is all about. I believe that the immigrants who landed on Ellis Island in the early 1900's deserve better than that for all the toil, hard work and sacrifice in raising future generations to create a land that has become a beacon for those legally searching for a better life. I think they would be appalled that they are being used as an example by those waving foreign country flags.

And for that suggestion about taking down the Statue of Liberty, it happens to mean a lot to the citizens who are voting on the immigration bill. I wouldn't start talking about dismantling the United States just yet.

• Upvote 2