Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This is What Good Cops Do. MSHP Captain Marches with Protesters in Ferguson. Riots Come to a Halt

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/captain-mike-brown-case-marches-protestors/

On Thursday afternoon Missouri State Highway Patrol Captain and 27 year veteran of the force, Ronald S. Johnson, was announced to be taking over security decisions in the outraged city of Ferguson.

Local law enforcement intends to stay involved, but highway patrol is now directly on the ground.

During the press conference held by Governor Nixon, Johnson stated, “We are going to have a different approach and have the approach that we’re in this together”, and so far, he wasn’t lying.

As several thousand gathered to march Tuesday evening, the tone seemed entirely different.

People online watched tweets with baited breath waiting for the tear gas, swat, and violence from police we have seen in recent days. Except that didn’t happen.

What did happen was an amazing show of what happens when police remove their helmets and treat people with dignity, and it was beautiful.

“When I see a young lady cry because of fear of this uniform, that’s a problem. We’ve got to solve that.”

The new man in charge assured the crowd there would be no blocked streets, no more disproportionate force, and actually marched side by side with the protestors.

I think this one statement shouted out over the megaphone is a glowing example of what the world would be like without militarized police treating us as an enemy-

“They respect us, so let’s respect them. They’ve given us the sidewalk so lets stay out of their street.”

Even if this is a PR stunt, it still makes a great case against militarized police.  Put away your tanks and take off your helmets… and you no longer need them.  If our police stopped killing unarmed people and treating every citizen as a criminal, there would be peace.

• Upvote 3

Some of my best friends are police officers, and they respect others and treat people like humans. I also personally know a few that are total scum. Not all cops are bad, but they are now being trained by the govt to see Americans as enemies, hence the unchecked violence.

If I get a speeding ticket, I just pay it, I don't hold anything against the issuing officer. If I feel I wasn't speeding and it was a BS ticket, or a speed trap, I take it to court. Likewise, if the police come ask me to turn my stereo down, I will gladly comply. Not a big deal. You are oversimplifying the entire matter. It's not all black and white.

The only people whoo see eveything in black and white, or us vs. them, are of a totalitarian mind set, and lack critical thinking. This country was founded on dissent and disagreement, and to try and stifle ANY opinion, no matter how much you or I may disagree, is completely un-American, and goes against the very principles we Americans are supposed to hold so dear.

• Upvote 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 6ly410
      US report: Al-Kazemi government's policies spark popular anger
      09:54 - 12/20/2020 https://www.almaalomah.com/2020/12/20/511017/    
      Information / translation ...
      A report by American AB News confirmed, on Sunday, that the devaluation of the Iraqi dinar by more than 20% in response to a severe liquidity crisis caused by low oil prices, has sparked public anger at a time when the government is struggling to cover its expenses.
      The report, translated by the agency / Al-Maaloumah, stated that “the new rates witnessed a significant decrease from the previous official rate of 1,182 Iraqi dinars, which is the first reduction in exchange rates by the Iraqi government in decades.
      He added that "the devaluation led to an increase in the possibility of weakening the dinar in the street, and the price actually rose to 1,400 Iraqi dinars to the US dollar on Saturday, up from 1,300 Iraqi dinars last week at currency exchange agents."
      Abu Abed, who works in a money exchange office in the Karrada neighborhood in the capital, said, "I stopped exchanging currencies because he refused a customer with a $ 100 bill, saying that he could only sell at the old price of 1,300 Iraqi dinars. Who knows, tomorrow it could be 1800 Iraqi dinars."
      The report continued that, “Since the collapse of oil prices earlier this year, Iraq has been suffering from an unprecedented liquidity crisis, as the oil-exporting country has been forced to borrow from the bank’s reserves in dollars to pay nearly $ 5 billion in monthly fees for public sector salaries and pensions. Oil revenues, which constitute 90% of the budget, brought in only $ 3.5 billion on average.
      The report continued that "the central bank blamed bad economic policies during the past decade, because poor economic planning and financial policies by Iraqi politicians led to the transformation of Iraq into an oil-exporting country with directing the bulk of state expenditures towards paying money to the bloated public sector." According to his statement.
      The report indicated that "the International Monetary Fund expects that the Iraqi economy will contract by 12% this year, more than any other member state in OPEC under the productivity quota, and that its budget deficit will reach 22% of GDP." End / 25 z
    • By George Hayduke
      COUNTER PROTEST DRIVING           

COUNTER PROTEST DRIVING

We see them all the time now.  Americans kicked out the communist government last November and began taking steps to make America great again, and the left is catatonic. 
      It is like an unending Rodney King Riot in some places.  And everyday we are informed of militant leftist terrorists or militant race terrorists acting out with violence against those whom they perceive as the enemy. 
      Some well respected authorities have even suggested that while we have been in a sort of "cold civil war" for some time, this is the beginning of a shift to a "warmer" version. 
      One of the left's tactics is the blocking of roadways in some hope of somehow causing those who voted out communism to recant in order to shorten their commute.  In reality it is creating more and more antipathy for the left by true Americans.  But let us discuss some points of Counter Protest Driving. 
      I can't wait to get hate mail from the snowflakes. 
      First is the vehicle.  If you have a choice, avoid the little ecologically-responsible roller skate cars that are so cheap to drive.  If that is all you can afford, there is no shame in that but understand that people will respect a Ford or Chevy truck far more than a Scion or a Prius. 
      Keep the damn thing gassed up and in good working order. Keep a Go-Bag with you in the front seat if driving alone, or easily accessible if driving with others.  Avoid car pools where some timid flower child is driving.  Drive yourself.  We live in a time of war and a new front just opened up.  Drive yourself! 
      The Go-Bag, incidentally, should have a second pistol (first one on your person right?), extra ammo, a roll of cash, a couple of bottles of water and some food, a small medical kit, and anything you might need if you were required to abandon your vehicle and fight your way to safety.  I like to keep other weapons in my vehicle and I will take them with me.  Things like an AR Pistol have been useful, but in the context of the article, perhaps one of those Pistol Grip 12 Gauge "firearms" might be an interesting choice...specially in light of the riot atmosphere. 
      Also, understand that the vehicle is to a degree disposable, insured, and replaceable.  If you decide to abandon it, grab the Go-Bag and leave it.  But you don't want to do that unless it is no longer moving and staying with it is untenable.  Initially the vehicle is both your greatest asset and most potent weapon. 
      Second is intelligence.  Know your route to and from. One of the things I do everyday is check my news feeds while I drink coffee.  Anything that may affect my evil plans that day is noted.  So if you see "At 0800 HRS on Ho Chi Min bridge, the local chapter of the BLM will hold a violent riot", maybe selecting a different route is in order?  Sure I am being a bit silly as you won't see a headline like that but there are many indications that may lead you to surmise that traveling in a certain area during certain times may be best avoided. 
      Good intelligence leads to good tactical choices.  No intelligence leads to all manner news stories where you are the victim. 
      The guys that say they have a right to go where they want and that the thugs have no right to do this are right, but we live in a time of war and the Trump election created a new enemy for prosperous hard working Americans...the armed and indignant militant liberal.  Plan accordingly.

Third is Getting Your Mind Right.  Getting your mind right involves the previously discussed material plus what you intent to do.   I am reminded of Connery's role in the Untouchables.  "What are you prepared to do?"  Figure this out right now, not when a hoard of anti-Trump savages are overturning your Prius. 
      In order of escalation: 
      1).   Avoid the road where any protest is planned.  Some times this will be easier than others. 
      2).  If the police are there...its their gig.  Stay out of it. 
      3).  Your safety and that of your vehicle surpasses the importance of traffic laws.        

Now a little more relating to the "You Are Stuck There And it Was Not Avoidable".  There is a difference between being delayed by the antics of these "flower children", and being attacked by a mob. It is important to not over react.  but also important to not be stuck on stupid when they flower children turn into a legitimate riot with you as the focus. 
      1).  Don't be afraid to drive on the sidewalk to avoid having to drive over people.

2).  Don't be afraid of damage to your vehicle. The car can be repaired, you cannot be. 
      3).  Carefully use the vehicle to advance through.  It is very hard for anyone...no matter how much they want to, to stop a motor vehicle moving steadily forward even at 5 MPH.  In fact, simply take your foot off the brakes and let the car coast through their line.  If one of them decides to lay across your path, that sounds like suicide to me.  Understand that when you try this, they may escalate. 
      4).  We hear all sorts of stories about people en route to the hospital with an injured party...or an ambulance en route with a critically sick person being delayed in one of these impromptu blockades.  So again I ask you, what are you prepared to do?  If you are transporting an injured or sick family member and their survival depends on a timely arrival at the hospital, drive right through their lines.  Do not allow the blockade to keep you from your mission. 
      5).  Once attacked, and you will know when that is, step on the gas and drive right through their lines - 15 to 25 mph.  At that point the only people that should matter to you are the ones in your vehicle.  Don't get Reginald Denny'd because of fear of action on your part.  And don't be emotional about it, and get out to confront just one of them who spit on your windshield.  No matter how strong you are, or how many guns you carry, your vehicle is far stronger and far more effective. 
      Sun Tsu suggested studying your enemies.  I suggest you take his advice.  Read and watch reports on these events as studiously as you study the tactics of the Jihadists.  Specially in your region.  What has happened in your area?  Who was responsible?  How did the police respond? All of these details will give you a clear image of what you may expect. 
      Finally, understand that we have been at war with the Jihadist in America for 17 years or more.  And that is an active and ongoing war.  But what we are seeing now from the left suggests that the "cold war" between the right and the left is heating up and will continue to do so. 
      We live in a time of war and a new front is beginning to emerge.  Stay frosty and awake. 
      Suarez International private mailing.
      https://suarezinternational.com/

• By TrinityeXchange
      And so THIS is why we have to continue to dialogue.  This is why we have to continue to hear each others views and not restrict ourselves to the viewpoints of solely our peers.  This is why diversity promotes mental and spiritual evolution but superiority complexes (racism) promotes ignorance.  This is why I appreciate forums like Dinar Vets where we can be up front and honest about our views while considering the views of others.  I only dislike it when we take shots at each other and demean one another.

So for all those who are not aware, there are three prominent black fraternities and many of my friends belong to one of them.  I decided not to pledge when I was in college for my own personal/spiritual reasons.  Those fraternities are Alphas, Omegas and Sigmas.  These fraternaties were birthed ages ago by black students establishing a support community for their educational and lifelong goals, a good thing. Frats have nothing to do with hatred.  Each of them have their signature styles and call signs.  Ron Johnson is a member of the Alpha fraternity and took pictures with fellow Alphas displaying brotherhood and flashing their call signs.  He is also seen on occasion marching with the people and supporting the constitutional right of peaceful protest.  

Well guess what happens when ignorant people see this man posing with his Alpha brothers?  Without the benefit of any doubt, he is ostracized is being affiliated with thugs and gang members.  Does this surprise anyone?

CNN Removes Ridiculous Report Claiming Ferguson Captain Is In A Gang
      The Huffington Post  | By Catherine Taibi
      A CNN Report from a user falsely claiming that Missouri Highway Patrol Captain Ron Johnson was affiliated with a gang has been deleted from the network's site.
      An article posted on iReport, the CNN page that allows people around the world to share photos and submit their own stories, stated that Capt. Johnson was seen in a photograph holding up a hand symbol associated with the Bloods. Johnson was recently placed in charge of security procedures in Ferguson, Missouri, where the violent protests over the killing of Michael Brown are currently taking place.
      The photograph soon made its rounds on Twitter:

The Washington Post put those rumors to rest Wednesday when it confirmed that the symbol was actually just a greeting from Johnson's fraternity, Kappa Alpha Psi.
      Anyone can submit an iReport, a platform for citizen journalism, and CNN deleted the submission in question once it realized the information was not true. The network issued the following statement, explaining, "iReport is a social network for news. A small number of user submissions are approved for use on air and online. The iReport in question had not been vetted, was labeled as "NOT VERIFIED BY CNN," and was removed shortly after being flagged by the community."
      Others on Twitter caught the blunder before the erroneous article was taken down:
    • By Bongalow
      I was reading through the Dept. of the Army publication that was brought to my attention dated for Aril 2014. After having read through the information, and watching the tactics being deployed on television with the media storm in Missouri, I noticed something unsettling. On pg. 123 in the glossary, the abbreviation of MO = Missouri if referenced. The only state mentioned. DC=mentioned by not a defined "State". I found it to be very ironic and non coincidental that all of these recent events happened in Ferguson Missouri. How is that a civil defense document targets the SHOW ME STATE of Missouri, several months before the alleged killing of Mr. Brown. Is there an ulterior motive to deploy police forces and divide the nation for the government to conceal the real stories or perhaps I am just a loony tune. I highly doubt the latter. Seems as this could be a possible false flag. Thanks- B
      could not post the link. Its a PDF. Can be found online though.
      The glossary lists acronyms with Army or joint definitions.
      SECTION I – ACRONYMS AND ABBREVIATIONS
      AA
      ADP
      ADRP
      AR
      ATP
      ATTN
      CFR
      COA
      CONUS
      DA
      DC
      DCSA
      DD
      DM
      DOD
      DODD
      DODI
      FCMT
      Fed
      FM
      G-2
      GRM
      HIV
      HN
      IPB
      JP
      LEA
      METT-TC
      MI
      MISO
      MO
      MSCoE
      MWD
      MTTP
      NGR
      No.
      NLW
      OCONUS
      OIC
      PIO
      PSG
      assembly area
      Army doctrine publication
      Army doctrine reference publication
      Army regulation
      Army techniques publication
      attention
      Code of Federal Regulation
      course of action
      continental United States
      Department of the Army
      District of Columbia
      Defense support of Civil Authorities
      Departement of Defense
      designated marksman
      Department of Defense
      Department of Defense directive
      Department of Defense instruction
      forced cell move team
      federal
      field manual
      Assistant Chief of Staff, Intelligence
      graduated-response matrix
      human immunodeficiency virus
      host nation
      intelligence preparation of the battlefield
      joint publication
      law enforcement agency
      mission, enemy, terrain and weather, troops and support available,
      time available, and civil considerations
      military intelligence
      military information support operations
      Missouri
      Maneuver support Center of Excellence
      military working dog
      multi-Service tactics, techniques, and procedures
      National Guard regulation
      number
      nonlethal weapons
      outside the continental United States
      officer in charge
      police intelligence operations
      platoon sergeant
    • By thegente
      http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-14/us-and-israeli-military-tactics-used-against-american-citizens-%E2%80%A6-gazans-tweet-tips-h

U.S. and Israeli Military Tactics Used Against American Citizens … Gazans Tweet Tips to Help AMERICANS On How to Handle Tear Gas
      Submitted by George Washington on 08/14/2014 15:10 -0400

inShare6  

As you may have heard, police and Swat teams in Ferguson, Missouri have fired tear gas and rubber bullets at peaceful protesters, and outlawed peaceful assembly.
      Police are also using stun grenades and ear-damaging military sound cannons against peaceful protesters.
      Reporters are among those shot at with rubber bullets and tear gas, assaulted and arrested.  Glenn Greenwald notes:
      Reporters have been told to turn off their cameras.  And a no-fly zone was established above Ferguson in order to keep news helicopters away.
      Last night, two reporters, The Washington Post‘s Wesley Lowery and The Huffington Post‘s Ryan Reilly, were arrested and assaulted while working from a McDonald’s in Ferguson. The arrests were arbitrary and abusive, and received substantial attention — only because of their prominent platforms, not, as they both quickly pointed out upon being released, because there was anything unusual about this police behavior.

Reilly, on Facebook, recounted how he was arrested by “a Saint Louis County police officer in full riot gear, who refused to identify himself despite my repeated requests, purposefully banged my head against the window on the way out and sarcastically apologized.” He wrote: ”I’m fine. But if this is the way these officers treat a white reporter working on a laptop who moved a little too slowly for their liking, I can’t imagine how horribly they treat others.”
      A state senator was teargassed along with protesters.
      Congressman Amash tweets:
      And:
      Images & reports out of #Ferguson are frightening. Is this a war zone or a US city? Gov’t escalates tensions w/military equipment & tactics.
      If you want to visually see how extreme the reaction of police is in Ferguson, compare what’s going on in Ferguson to what’s happening in the war zones of Iraq and Afghanistan (or scroll through this page of pictures.)
      Someone identifying himself as an 82nd Airborne Army veteran, observing the Ferguson police scene, comment[ed] that “We rolled lighter than that in an actual warzone” …
      What’s really going on? And how did we get here?
      We explained in 2011:

Journalists from across the spectrum have documented the militarization of police forces in the United States, including, CNN, Huffington Post, the Cato Institute, Forbes, the New York Times, Daily Kos, Esquire, The Atlantic, Salon and many others.

Many police departments laugh at and harass Americans who exercise their right to free speech. Here’s one example of police laughing at a civil rights lawyer after she was shot in the head with a rubber bullet:  

Indeed – especially since police brutality against protesters has been so blatant in recent months, while no top bank executives have been prosecuted – many Americans believe that the police are protecting the bankers whose fraud brought down the economy instead of the American people ….

Some are comparing police brutality towards the Occupy protesters to that used by Israeli forces against Palestinian protesters. Indeed, numerous heads of U.S. police departments have traveled to Israel for “anti-terrorism training”, and received training from Israeli anti-terrorism experts visiting the U.S. See this, this, this, this, this.
      Indeed, the Ferguson police chief received training in crowd control in Israel in 2011.
      And Gaza residents are literally tweeting info on how to handle tear gas to help Ferguson citizens.
      Even the mainstream media is picking up on the militarized police.  USA Today headlines, “Pentagon fueled Ferguson confrontation“.  And Newsweek runs with, “How America’s Police Became an Army.”
      But they’re still blaming 9/11 as the reason for the militarization of the police.  As we explained in 2011, that’s not accurate:
      Indeed:
      Most assume that the militarization of police started after 9/11. Certainly, **** Cheney initiated Continuity of Government Plans on September 11th that ended America’s constitutional form of government (at least for some undetermined period of time.) On that same day, a national state of emergency was declared … and that state of emergency has continuously been in effect up to today.

But the militarization of police actually started long before 9/11 … in the 1980s.

Radley Balko testified before the House Subcommittee on Crime in 2007:
      (And see this.)
      Militarization [of police forces is] a troubling trend that’s been on the rise in America’s police departments over the last 25 years.

Since the late 1980s, Mr. Chairman, thanks to acts passed by the U.S. Congress, millions of pieces of surplus military equipment have been given to local police departments across the country.

We’re not talking just about computers and office equipment. Military-grade semi-automatic weapons, armored personnel vehicles, tanks, helicopters, airplanes, and all manner of other equipment designed for use on the battlefield is now being used on American streets, against American citizens.

Academic criminologists credit these transfers with the dramatic rise in paramilitary SWAT teams over the last quarter century.

SWAT teams were originally designed to be used in violent, emergency situations like hostage takings, acts of terrorism, or bank robberies. From the late 1960s to the early 1980s, that’s primarily how they were used, and they performed marvelously.

But beginning in the early 1980s, they’ve been increasingly used for routine warrant service in drug cases and other nonviolent crimes. And thanks to the Pentagon transfer programs, there are now a lot more of them.
      Huffington Post notes:
      And Jamie Douglas notes:
      Former Seattle Police Chief Norm Stamper published an essay arguing that the current epidemic of police brutality is a reflection of the militarization (his word, not mine) of our urban police forces, the result of years of the “war on drugs” and the “war on terror. Stamper was chief of police during the World Trade Organization protests in Seattle in 1999, and is not a voice that can be easily dismissed.

Ever since Ronald Reagan in 1981 helped draw up the Military Cooperation With Law Enforcement Act, quickly passed by a very cooperative congress, effectively circumventing the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 by codifying military cooperation with law enforcement, the military has been encouraged to give any and all law enforcement agencies unfettered access to all military resources, training and hardware included. The military equipment was designed to be used by American fighting forces in combat with “the enemy,” but since a law was passed in 1994, the Pentagon has been able to donate all surplus war materiel to America’s police departments. The National Journal has compiled a number of statistics showing that in the first three years after the 1994 law came into effect, the “Department of Offense” stocked police departments with 3800 M-16 assault rifles, 2185 M-14’s, 73 grenade launchers, and 112 armored personnel carriers, as well as untold number of bayonets, tanks, helicopters, and even some airplanes.

Regardless who will be in power in the future, the militarization of the police will continue. After all, who wants to appear as being soft on crime? These days, a chief of police’s office is like a doctor’s office, but instead of getting swamped with drug salesmen, they have very congenial visits with the merchants of popular oppression, the salesmen of weapons, various chemical agents, Tasers, body armor, and all kinds of tracking software, surveillance gear, and anything else the department may need for crowd control and to infiltrate dissidents, which are no more than US citizens wanting to restore the republic to its rightful place.

The government treats copyright infringers as terrorists, and swat teams have been deployed against them. See this, this, this and this.

It’s not just intellectual property.  The government is widely using anti-terror laws to help giant businesses … and to crush those who speak out against their abusive practices, labeling anyone who speaks out as a potential bad guy.
      Remember:
      Journalists are considered terrorists in modern America. Peaceful protest is considered terrorism. As one example,  the FBI treated the peaceful protesters at the Occupy protests as terrorists. More here and here Americans have lost virtually all of our Constitutional rights The U.S. government considers the entire world – including American soil – to be a battlefield As Greenwald writes:

Ultimately, police militarization is part of a broader and truly dangerous trend: the importation of War on Terror tactics from foreign war zones onto American soil. American surveillance drones went from Yemen, Pakistan and Somalia into American cities, and it’s impossible to imagine that they won’t be followed by weaponized ones. The inhumane and oppressive conditions that prevailed at Guantanamo are matched, or exceeded, by the super-max hellholes and “Communications Management Units” now in the American prison system. And the “collect-it-all” mentality that drives NSA domestic surveillance was pioneered by Gen. Keith Alexander in Baghdad and by other generals in Afghanistan, aimed at enemy war populations.

As part of America’s posture of Endless War, Americans have been trained to believe that everything is justified on the “battlefield” (now defined to mean “the whole world”): imprisonment without charges, kidnapping, torture, even assassination of U.S. citizens without trials. It is not hard to predict the results of importing this battlefield mentality onto American soil, aimed at American citizens: “From Warfighter to Crimefighter.” The results have been clear for those who have looked – or those who have been subject to this – for years. The events in Ferguson are, finally, forcing all Americans to watch the outcome of this process.
  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

• Live Exchange Rate

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.