Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

R.I.P. Cory Monteith

Rayzur

The irony of Umbertino's post about Joplin followed by this one just hit me. Here we are some 40 years after Joplin's death witnessing  yet one more death of a young musician at the hands of herion and alcohol... For as much as we change, some things seem to yet remain the same... Like Tripp said, very sad..

• Upvote 1

I'm so sorry to see yet another vital, talented, young person lost to that dangerous sea... I'm so sorry for the loss to those that loved him.

Mike O'Malley says goodbye to Cory Monteith
Robert Bianco, USA TODAY 5:48 p.m. EDT July 27, 2013
'Glee' co-star says the late actor was "the real quarterback on that set."
1374944774000-AP-NBC-Network-2013-Upfron

Ricardo Chavira, left, and Mike O'Malley promote their new show, 'Welcome to the Family,' at the NBC upfront May 13 in New York.

(Photo: Evan Agostini, Invision, via AP)

SHARE 46 CONNECT 22 TWEET 6 COMMENTEMAILMORE

Mike O'Malley has become one of TV's go-to dads.

On the new NBC comedy Welcome to the Family, he plays the father of a high school girl who is having a baby with her Latino boyfriend. And on Glee, he plays the father of *** student Kurt (Chris Colfer) — and the stepfather of the quarterback played by the late Cory Monteith.

O'Malley has fond memories of Monteith as an actor, praising the "depth of emotion he was able to portray." And he has equally fond memories of him as a person.

MORE: Full coverage from TCA Summer Press Tour

"He was the fictional quarterback on the show, and he was the real quarterback on that set. He was an incredibly warm guy, a guy who was welcoming to everyone who came on that show … I just loved working with him. He was a great guy, and I miss him very much."

Will O'Malley be able to return to Glee this season? "I hope to ... I'll work early in the mornings, late at night, Saturdays, Sundays, whatever I need to do to participate, not only to be able to be on that show but to honor Cory, his work and his passing."

• Upvote 1