Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Filing for Social Security

one2one

turning 62 in March---decided to go ahead and file early--work is so slow in my regular job that i needed some kind of a monthly income :

i found out that i will draw 1477---and that 3 1/2 years pays back the 65 k i paid in--not counting employer matching 65 k

does anybody else have social security filing stories to share with us

Not just yet but I will be 63 Feb 28th. It also have been very slow at my regular work for about 15 months now but received a call yesterday about a job starting next week hopefully. Will have to wait until Monday to find out for sure. If it doesn't come through, then I will be going in to apply.

• Upvote 1

Not just yet but I will be 63 Feb 28th. It also have been very slow at my regular work for about 15 months now but received a call yesterday about a job starting next week hopefully. Will have to wait until Monday to find out for sure. If it doesn't come through, then I will be going in to apply.

it seems to take a couple of months to actually get a check

like my birthday is march 5---filed on the internet jan.9---then 1 month waiting period---may 9 get my first one

I retired last year and working with Social Security went flawlessly. I did file early, and had everything set up two months in advance. I received my first check right on time. Don't forget - Social Security income is taxable and you should make sure and have some funds taken out for federal income tax. If you don't tell them, they will not take any federal withholding out and come the end of the year - you have a tax liability. :angry: :angry:

• Upvote 1

I retired last year and working with Social Security went flawlessly. I did file early, and had everything set up two months in advance. I received my first check right on time. Don't forget - Social Security income is taxable and you should make sure and have some funds taken out for federal income tax. If you don't tell them, they will not take any federal withholding out and come the end of the year - you have a tax liability. :angry:/> :angry:/>

thanks for the info :

how can social security income be taxable when i live in the mountains with no address ?

send my 1040 form to wall tent # 1 ?

I think that it is only taxable if you draw more than $25,000. I am not certain, though. You may want to check it out! Happy retirement! Go RV!!

I think you are correct. I do not get $25,000 and no taxes taken out, does not show on my tax return. If you can file on the Internet DO SO. We got the biggest run around when filed for my friends from the local office. They told her she could not own a business, and when we produced a notarised bill of sale, she said they could not take a notarised original, that anybody could notarise it. I bought the business, filed online 2 years later and they did not care that I owned a business. Our government at work

• Upvote 1