Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BONDLADY'S CHAT 1-21-2013

Rogue Knight

[shredd] i'm really hoping that once isx is opened and trading starts rolling, it will be a big beacon of investment for iraq

[tlm724] Shredd let that light shine

[shredd] tlm724 yes and great point from last week regarding japan

[shredd] we've seen such a huge support for iraq

[tlm724] so many major players have a hand in this thing, look at europe !!

[shredd] guru's say banks failing and isx crumbling.....b.s........warka still around and isx continues to grow over 40%

[shredd] and wait till it trades, ipo's, competitive trading, quick turns

[shredd] it will be fun to watch

[anthonlcs1] Shredd I think it starts trading in early feb?

[shredd] anthonlcs1 yes

[shredd] the 3rd i think

[dezertheat] Shredd internationally or locally?

[shredd] dez, local in regards to accounts held in iraq but international since any entity can open one soooo,

[shredd] this will boost their banking both cash and custody

[shredd] how that works is like this..... say your investment portfolio is diversified to foreign funds

[shredd] my personal portfolio has 4% in sovereign debt

[shredd] i don't invest in ISX, but my fund does, make sense?

[shredd] that's how the entire international investment community will participate

[shredd] another reason why Asiacell showing all they are behind the isx is huge

[dezertheat] so in that light, they don't need dinar to become internationally tradable, as it will already be doing that , so to speak

[shredd] because everyone has heard of them

[dezertheat] but it will help it when they do

[shredd] dezertheat correct

[shredd] here is where internationally traded comes into play and this is big

[shredd] all funds have rules in their governing documents

[shredd] as far as what limitations exist for investments

[shredd] and these limitations are based largely by investor appetite so,

[shredd] once the dinar becomes internationally tradeable

[shredd] it will open the door totally open to investment for all existing funds

[shredd] that allow for emerging market investment

[shredd] so imo, the market will watch the "test" of what the response will be starting after Feb 3

[shredd] and then we will see that based on the response (we've already begun to see, ie Asiacell)

[dezertheat] Shredd while I have you hear, what do you think about the IQD having to rv at the beggining of a quater vs anytime?

[shredd] the push for the dinar to be a strong representation of the value it should have

[shredd] will push hard to get the dinar out of a dirty float

[dezertheat] you think they will do it when ever or at the begining or end of a quarter.. yes they are starting to push

[shredd] dezertheat well, in regards to the budget, we saw the confirming response from shabbs about changing mid year

[shredd] but budgets can be amended

[dezertheat] so anytime, is the right time..

[shredd] well, remember this

[shredd] we've been seeing how the prices for the auctions are different than the cbi rate, right

[shredd] so pricing tells us market perspective of value

[shredd] same goes for products and services we buy

[shredd] is the price fair for what you buy....

[shredd] thing is, for currency exchange, banks stick with the stated rates but traders, ie brokers dont have to

[shredd] so imho

[shredd] we may see a high demand for dinar outside of what is the stated rate

[shredd] so when peeps freak out about a slow creep in rates i get excited why?

[shredd] because demand will rock and roll

[shredd] i know im the banker and look at the numbers but what im telling you i've seen already

[shredd] the precedent that is like back in the early 2000s the idea of an undiversified fund

[shredd] and in real estate was a bonkers idea but a fund stepped out and did it

[shredd] saw over 10% gains in the first quarter so guess what happened

[dezertheat] more jumped in?

[shredd] clients started running towards this idea

[shredd] yes

[shredd] and we were closing these deals faster than (insert BL redneck line)

[shredd] same will go for Iraq,when you say iraq to most peeps

[shredd] they think of bombs, the lost soldiers, sand, camels and really big spiders

[shredd] but we see the first returns in the ISX we see p&ls from businesses in iraq

[shredd] and it will rock and roll

[shredd] dubai part 2 , it's not an IF its a HOW SOON

[oldbarbie] Shredd how soon do you think ?

[shredd] oldbarbie well, let me answer you this way

[shredd] in my real estate example it only took two months

[shredd] only because it takes a little time to structure investment deals, do the legal and underwriting, etc

[shredd] but it could be sooner, depends on the market and the market is hungry by the way

[shredd] a lot

[shredd] A LOT of investor money

[shredd] has been sitting stale for too long

[shredd] Shredd - out

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I do not understand how all these funds can trade with the Isx and you benefit because you are part of these funds--when the whole ISx is not traded internationally---now ,I do understand they may own or be part of iraqi companies who trade on the SIX but there is no way in hell that any gains would even show on the funds books as a positive gain --much less a profit for the investors in those US funds---The risk is far to high for them to even be involved at this point even a foot in the door--- I just don't buy it

should the dinar RV and be traded internationally then I see a rush to get in and big money to be made--most funds invest millions or billions to earn a meger percentage of profit by buying and selling large blocks of stock-theirr real money is made on the percentages of thataspectt--there is not these kinds of profits happening in Iraq at this time

I welcome any thoughts about this, need to be educated but not have my education tossed aside!

Thanks DV

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1