Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dear Jack

Heavyduty053

Jack looked up into his rear view mirrow and thought to himself, dang it of all the luck, he saw the blue lights behind him as he look down at his speedometer before slowing down. Jack had run this road at 75 to 80 miles per hour coming home from work many times just to let the wind run through his T top Camero with the sun shinning down. He thought to himself maybe if i tell a little lie i can talk my way out of it, you know out talk the officer a little. When his car had slowed to 10 miles and hour, Jack pulled over but only partially. If this cop wants to talk to me he can stand on the pavement, let him worry about the potential traffic hazards. Jack smiled, maybe some one will tweak his backside with a mirror.

As the cop stepped out of his car he could see it was old Bob from our church, He thought i will talk him out of this. Bob had his big pad in his hand ready to write a ticket. Jack was ready but also a little bit shacky about what he was about to do. Jack sunk farther into his trench coat as it was a bit cool outside. Thoughts began to race through his mind and Bob hadn't even got up there yet. What is a christian cop doing catching a guy from his own church anyway. A guy who happened to be just a little eager to get home after a long day at the office. This thought was making him a little angry because he was the guy who was supposed to play golf this coming Saturday.

Jack jumped out of his car, and as he approached the man he saw every sunday, a man he had never seen in uniform, Bob told Jack to remain by his car. Hi, Bob fancy meeting you like this huh, Hello Jack with no smile. Guess you caught me red-handed in a rush to get home to see my wife and kids. Yeah, I guess i did at that. Bob voice made Jack feel uncertain of himself. Jack said i have seen some long days at the office lately and i am afraid my rush has bent the rules just this once. Jack shuffled a peeble around on the ground instead of looking up at Bob. You have earned quite a reputation around the precinct. Ouch this was not going in the right direction, time to change tactics. Jack was beginning to show a little anger now when he asked Bob, so what you clock me at. Seventy, now would you get back in your car please. Now wait a minute here, Bob I checked as soon as i saw you and i was barely nudging 65 right thin. That lie sounded like it would work. Please Jack back in your car. Flustered, Jack hunched himself down in the seat and rolled the window up to where there was only about two inches open then slammed the door right by Bob. Bob scribbled away at his pad, but why hasn't he asked for my drivers license yet, what is he writing.

Whatever the reason was it would be a month of sundays before Jack would ever sat near this cop again at church nor would he ever want to play golf with him. Just then a tap on the window and Jack jerked his head around and said, "What". There was Bob still not a smile or anything with a folded piece of paper. He passed the papaer through the narrow opening and walked away. Jack threw the paper down on the seat then picked it up again just to see how much it was gonna cost him. What is this, this is not a ticket is this some kind of joke. Jack began to read what Bob had wrote,

Dear Jack, Once upon a time i had a daughter, She was six when killed by a car, you guessed it---a speeding driver. A fine and three months in jail and the man was free. Free to hug his children all three of them. I had only one and now i am gonna have to wait until i get to Heaven to ever hug her again. A thousand times i have tried to forgive that man and i thousand times i thought i had until i see someone speedy for no reason. Jack i pray you will forgive me and truly slow down before you take someone's life. Jack was so ashamed of himself, how could he have been so arrogant, so selfish then try to cover it up. Jack was breaking down into tears right there on the side of the road. As he drove the rest of the way home he never got over the speed limit. When he arrived home he ran in a hugged his wife and kissed her and grabbed up his two daughters and just sat there holding them. Little Jessica said why are you crying daddy, and he said because i have been taught a valueable lesson today to appreciate what God has blessed me with and never let selfishness rule over common sense again. Sunday came and Bob said hello with a smile as bright as the sun

When God set in motion everything we would need to substain life he made sure that we could learn from our mistakes. We are blessed with so many things from his goodness and everything happens for a reason. There is a time a place for everything under heaven....... Have a good day.....Heavyduty053

• Upvote 6