Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Never underestimate the power of your actions

Heavyduty053

One day, when i was a freshman in high school, i saw a kid from my class walking home from school. His name was Kyle. It looked like he was carrying all of his books from every class. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd." I had quite a weekend planned, you know the usually stuff, parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon. so i shrugged my shoulders took another look at him and continued on. As i was walking, i saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They tripped him and all his books went flying out of his arms and send him landing in the dirt. His glasses went flying and i saw them land in the grass about ten feet away from him. Those kids ran off laughing and calling him names. I walked up to him and as he looked up i saw a terrible sadness in his eyes. My heart went out to him. So i jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, i saw swveral tears in his eyes and a wimper under his breath. As i handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks" and they will get what coming to them one day. I ask him if he was hurt, he looked at me while he was wiping his tears off his cheeks and said no and, "And Thank You". I can't see to good without my glasses.

Asmile finally started to appear on his face, it was one of those smiles that showed real graditude. I helped him pick up his books and asked him where he lived. As it turned out he lived near me, so i asked why i have never seen him before. He said he had gone to a private school until this year. I thought i would have never hung out with a kid from private school but there was something about this kid that seemed pretty cool. As we walked we talked all the way home and i even carried some of his books. I ask him if he wanted to play football with us tomorrow (Saturday) and his face lit up like a thousand lights at Christmas. You would have thought that someone had offered him a trip to the Moon. He said yes and indeed we huing out all weekend and the more i got to know Kyle, the more i liked him and my friends thought the same. He was pretty cool after all.

Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with that huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, Boy you gonna build up some serious Muscles carrying all those books back and forth. He just laughed and handed me half his books. Over the next four years Kyle and i became best friends and when the day came we were seniors we began to think about College. Kyle liked Georgetown and i was going to Duke. Even miles apart i knew the bond of friendship would be with us both. He was going to be a Doctor and i was going for business on a football scholarship.

Kyle was Valedictorian of our class and i teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for our graduation, and i was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak. Graduation day, I saw Kyle, he looked great like a professor. He was one of those guys who really found himself during High School. He had filled out and actually looked good in those glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him. Boy sometimes i was jealous, Today was one of those days.

I could see that he was nervious about his speech, So i smacked him on the back and said, Hey big guy you'll be great. He looked at me with one of those looks and said "Thanks". As he started his speech, he cleared his throat and began, "Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings maybe a coach...but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story that happened to me.

I thought what story is he gonna tell that most don't all ready know. He started into hos story and said no one knows this and it is the first time it will be made known. He starting talking about the day he and i met and what happened, but the rest of the story completely blew me away. He looked straight at me and the words he said i will never forget them, He said the day we met he had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how other guys had bullied him over the years and became depressed and couldn't take it anymore. He had cleaned out his locker so his Mom or teacher would not have to do it. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile that was screaming you saved my life by just being a friend. My firend saved me from doing the unspeakable, "I heard a gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us of the weakest moment he had suffered. I saw his Mom and Dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile with a big silent, "Thank You right in the middle of it.

I would have never thought in a million years the intentions of my best friend until he came forth his it. He had kept it all inside all the years. I guess gratefullness overfilled the thoughts of that day. Not until that moment did i realize its depth.

We never know what another is thinking and how they will act on it. Never under estimate the power of your actions. ith on small gesture you can change a person's life, for better or worse. God puts all of us in each others lives to impact one another in some way. The paths we cross or others may cross through our lives has a reason it is up to us to find its reason......Have a wonderful day.

• Upvote 2