Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iran Sentences Four to Death Over Banking Scandal

abner

Hangin’ em High: Iran Sentences Four to Death Over Banking Scandal

by thegldnrule

Source: Reuters

An Iranian court has sentenced four people to death for their roles in a billion-dollar banking fraud scandal that forced bank executives out of their jobs and tainted the government of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, state media reported on Monday.

The embezzlement case, discovered in September 2011, revolved around forged documents allegedly used by the directors of an Iranian investment company to secure loans totaling $2.6 billion to buy state-owned enterprises.

Thirty-nine people were tried for their involvement in the fraud.

"We are typing their sentences now and according to the sentence that was issued, four of the accused in this case were sentenced to death," judiciary spokesman Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei told the IRNA state news agency.

He did not name the individuals sentenced to death.

Two others were sentenced to life imprisonment and others received sentences ranging from 25 years and down, Mohseni-Ejei was quoted as saying.

(Reporting By Yeganeh Torbati; Editing by Angus MacSwan)----------http://golden-rule.org/2012/07/31/hangin-em-high-iran-sentences-four-to-death-over-banking-scandal/

• Upvote 1

I saw this article elsewhere in the past couple days. I wanted to bring it here, haven't had the chance, glad you did abler.

I am very surprised no one has comment on your post.

Shortly after the 9/11 attacks there were several countries named as an axis of evil (I know, shrub only named three). North Korea, Somalia, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Libya and Syria.

What was it that these countries had in common? They all had a government, not Rothschild controlled, central bank. They issued non debt based currency for the good of their citizens.

What else in common? Those not fully engulfed in war are on the brink of it.

Iran? I think we should look at them with some guidance, not with war in our eyes. This country executes the bankers that do harm to their country and their financial security.

What do we do with the bakers that commit fraud or harm our financial freedom? Call them to big to fail and reward the CEOs with multi-million dollar bonuses.

I'm tired of it. I want my country back back. I want my civil liberties back. I want my financial freedom and security back.

Death to the central bankers. Death to the tyrants.

• Upvote 1