Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

We have all been blessed

Heavyduty053

Tonight as I was leaving best Buy, I decided this man going through the garbage can outside the store was just a misfit. While I was walking to my car I was still watching him thinking he was going to follow me and ask for money. But he just kept on reaching into the can and pulling out fast food bags hoping for some little morsel of food for his hungry belly. He would inspect what was inside the thrown away bags and eat a bite here and there of whatever was there. He would find a few chips in one and bite of hamburger in another. You could see him wad the bags up after he inspected them so he would know that he already looked.

He never disturbed no one asking for anything, never begged for money as people entered or left the store. After he went through the entire trash can he cleaned everything up nice and neat and put it back in the can. He found almost one complete hamburger and he wrapped it up in its dirty wrapper and stuck it in his old coat pocket. My heart literally hurt for him. I am not someone who just walks around handing out money because a person looks poor. I have never actually seen someone go through a garbage can looking for food and knowing that the only way they can eat.

I had this feeling falling all over me that I must stop this man and help him some way. I got out of my car walked back up to him and ask him if I could buy him something to eat. He looked up at me with his weather beaten eyes and said, " He would be thankful for anything I could get him. He was a on beaten old bike and I told him if he would follow me I would buy him a meal at the fast food place around the corner. He followed me and I bought him the biggest meal they had on the menu. The only request he gave me for his order was if I could get him a big glass of milk to go with it. I looked at him strange and he said,I love milk and I haven't had any in a while. When I bought him his food, he was so thankful. He told me his name was Kevin and he'd been homeless ever since his brother Paul passed away last October. They sold his house because I couldn't afford it. He said he has been trying to get off the streets, but its not easy. I told him God loved him and I would pray for him. He looked up at me again and he had tears rolling down his cheeks and said, "Nobody has talked to me must less bought me food". Then he told me again how much he appreciated it. 

When I got back to my car, I drove off with such a heaviness in my heart for Kevin. I drove down the road and felt compelled to go back to help this man. When I came back he had finished his meal and was riding away. I pulled up beside him and ask him where he lived at, he said he lived in a big drainage pipe down the road by the railroad tracks. I ask him if there was anything I could do. He told me not really. Even then he never ask for money. I ask him if I could buy him a few more meals and put some money on a gift card for him, again he said that would be so kind. I drove back to the Burger King bought him several meals some more milk and a gift card so he could buy more. When I got back Kevin was wiping tears from his eyes. He told me that he prayed for me today, I wasn't sure what he meant by it, I assume he was praying and thanking God for what I did for him, so I thanked him. He said, "I don't think you understand what I meant by this, I prayed to God that he would send someone to buy me a hot meal today....and he sent you. I didn't know what to say, I never had been faced with this before helping someone because of a prayer. That was the strong feeling I had. I have prayed over my meals but never had to pray to have one. I always took it for granted that I would always have a meal to sit down to. Tears begin to fill my eyes because now I have seen the true meaning of why we should be thankful for something as simple as something to eat. 

No doubt God used me to answer this man's prayer and to share the love of our father with him. But also maybe God used this man to show me that even the simple things that we take for granted can be taken away just like Kevin's was. Kevin said, "I have stomach cancer", he pulled up his shirt and pointed to a huge mass that was poking out of his stomach. He said he knew it wouldn't be much longer in this world before he could go see his Mama and Daddy. I asked him if he knew Jesus. He told me that he did and smiled and said that's why I am not worried about leaving this old world behind. I asked him if I could pray for him and he was delighted. We prayed right there on the sidewalk of Burger King while all the other people inside was probably wondering what I was doing for such a tramp. Tears was just pouring from his eyes and mine to. He told me that he has accepted that he was going to die and that Jesus assured him that angels would be there for him.

We talked for several hours because I wanted him to know that someone did care about him and he enjoyed every bit of it. He said he was tired of being in pain, no doctor, no pain medicine and he was ready when it was time. Kevin said I know heaven will not let pain come inside. Kevin said I have to go now, and I am so thankful for what you did for me and before I close my eyes tonight I will say another prayer for you, my friend. I thought about this all the way home. This changed my perspective on homeless people. I thanked God for guiding me to Kevin, he was such a blessing.

Everyone has a story about their life and now I know Kevin's, all because I answered that strong feeling to help him and he ended up touching my life also. When I left him I knew I had done what God wanted me to do. God put Kevin in my path today.....I feel he did for a purpose for both of us. I have never felt such a feeling to help someone as I did for Kevin. I was reminded how I take so much for granted and how it can be taken away in an second. All the things we have money, cars, electricity, running water, a place to sleep, internet, family, friends all these things are taken for granted that they will never be taken away. They are blessings and we all should be thankful, very thankful. 

Remember this: sometimes God sends situations our way to remind us that in that moment that person might have prayed for something they needed and look how many people in this nation will pass them by.....what if all the things you take for granted was taken away tomorrow. What if all the things we are used to was all of a sudden gone. What would you do. You would be like Kevin eating out of garbage cans living wherever you can find shelter. Better thank God for being so kind to you and letting you keep what he has given you. 

I didn't see Kevin but once since then and I found out that he had passed away two weeks after I met him. I hope he is dancing the streets of Gold because he was looking forward to it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4