Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saw this in my backyard? 2nd try

moose 57

2 hours ago, Markinsa said:

I can lead moose to water but I can't make him drink. :lol: This photo looks like a tree stump?

:tiphat:Driftwood!- probably an old tree stump!

Image may contain: grass, outdoor and nature

I used to cliff climb for driftwood on the Cannon River in MN. Had to let a few fall

because they were heavy-(no driftwood was harmed in any way)!

Would not attempt it now!

A taxidermist hired me to get driftwood for his mounts. 

I kept a lot for myself. The heaviest is @ 75lbs h.a.n.d.

Edited by moose 57
  • Upvote 3

Looks like it's a beauty with real potential buddy!  I'm gonna start looking for driftwood for a local carving guild in my area Moose.  I wish I'd have known last summer...I visited S.D. and apparently "The Big MO" produces a lot of driftwood!  Post RV I'm driving back up there and getting a trailer load.  Works good for both fish and bird mounts! ;)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RodandStaff said:

That's funny Mark!!! :P

How do we load personal photos?  I've never had luck with that? 

At the bottom of each reply message box is the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files.." option.  You can upload the file to DV, but there is a max upload limit.  OR you can upload the file to a public website and use the link there.  If you have seen a picture posted on a website, it has been uploaded somewhere, so you should be able to use google images to find it.  If the website that has the photo you want to share requires a login and password, the image may not be available.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, RodandStaff said:

Looks like it's a beauty with real potential buddy!  I'm gonna start looking for driftwood for a local carving guild in my area Moose.  I wish I'd have known last summer...I visited S.D. and apparently "The Big MO" produces a lot of driftwood!  Post RV I'm driving back up there and getting a trailer load.  Works good for both fish and bird mounts! ;)

Used to fish called Lac Suel (not sure if that is the correct spelling) in Canada. Every island was full of driftwood.

Brought a lot back loaded in my boat.

Then trying to get across the border was another issue.  

They asked if  had anything to declare- Driftwood  was my reply. They tore my boat apart 

thinking it was live trees. They did let me take it all. Don't know if  they would now.

• Upvote 1

IMO the border patrol on both sides aren't known for their humor buddy!   :rolleyes: 

There is a Marina off The Missouri where the whole entrance to the river was blocked by a massive pile of driftwood after a big storm!  That's a lotta driftwood!!! I would love to get a hold of some of that! 

:eyebrows:

34 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

At the bottom of each reply message box is the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files.." option.  You can upload the file to DV, but there is a max upload limit.  OR you can upload the file to a public website and use the link there.  If you have seen a picture posted on a website, it has been uploaded somewhere, so you should be able to use google images to find it.  If the website that has the photo you want to share requires a login and password, the image may not be available.

Sandfly Mark...lets see if this ol' dog can learn some new tricks! :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1