Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi News 'The Hurt Locker' sets off conflict within military

Many film critics have praised "The Hurt Locker's" depiction of the U.S. military in Iraq, often singling out the bomb disposal drama for its authenticity. But a number of active soldiers and veterans are attacking the movie for the very things the film's supporters admire, saying "The Hurt Locker" portrays soldiers as renegades and that it fails to represent details about combat accurately.general?d=yIl2AUoC8zA general?i=ZvUSs18y7po:_4EhfbadMA8:V_sGLiPBpWU general?i=ZvUSs18y7po:_4EhfbadMA8:F7zBnMyn0Lo general?i=ZvUSs18y7po:_4EhfbadMA8:gIN9vFwOqvQ general?d=QXVau8BzmBE general?d=qj6IDK7rITs

More...

Well, they shouldn't get too upset. The "entertainment" media has a 30 yr deficit in understanding. It wasn't until Mel Gibson's "We Were Soldier" that I saw ANY, and I mean ANY realistic portrayal of what I went through as an assault helicopter pilot and even that portrayal was relatively tame against reality. Although the scenes of troop insertions and resupply under fire, puking after those insane night resupply missions, and the brief pretty real scene when the chopper was hit and the pilots killed. The "tic tic tic" of the rounds hitting the aircraft, the head on views of tracers coming at you (one tracer in ever five rounds) on an insertion, etc. was pretty realistic, but like I said, it took 30 yrs for them to finally get it right. Nobody knows who wasn't there, either then (my war) or now.

Chopper Jockey