Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ron Paul: The Only One We Can Trust

divemaster5734

He is Obama's greatest asset. He thinks its okay for Iran to have a Nuke. A good indicator is he wins in California - the nut capital of the USA.

That is out of context.

He understands sovereignty.

What right do we have to invade another country just because we don't agree with them?

That is only a small jump to oppressing our own people that don't agree with the current administration.

Ron Paul has NEVER sided with Iran's views.

After decades of America meddling in other countries affairs it is no wonder we are hated.

It is time to stop imposing our own self interest upon other countries peoples.

That is what individual freedom is all about.

• Upvote 2

The "fair" tax alone is reason enough not to vote for him....Taking the Tax liability off of the rich and the corporations and putting it on the poor and middle class job creators will put our economy in an even worse downward spiral(if thats possible) then even Barry did

The "fair" tax alone is reason enough not to vote for him....Taking the Tax liability off of the rich and the corporations and putting it on the poor and middle class job creators will put our economy in an even worse downward spiral(if thats possible) then even Barry did

OMG, you really need to read up on that.

With a fair tax corporations will not have any more "loopholes" to evade taxes.

It is also known as a consumption tax.

The tax will be applied across the board.

That would ELIMINATE your fed taxes.

We also need to institute Fair Trade, not this bs free trade.

That is a result of corrupt politicians, greedy corporations, and lobbyist.

You should understand what you are saying before you post.

Both sides are putting misinformation out about him because he won't play favorites with anyone but the American people.

Edited by divemaster5734
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

OMG, you really need to read up on that.

With a fair tax corporations will not have any more "loopholes" to evade taxes.

It is also known as a consumption tax.

The current Fair tax plan he is talking about excludes corporation from ANY consumption tax...Libertarians Scream and cry when anything like a VAT tax is talked about and a consumption tax on corporations and manufacturers look too much like a VAT tax to them....The current Fair tax plan takes ALL of the tax burden off of the Corporations and Manufacturers and puts it on the people

The thing about a Consumption tax is the Poor and Middle class have about a 98% turn over rate on their income, they spend almost everything they make.....when you get above $500,000 that percentage drops by HUGE percentage points, they are MUCH more frugal with their spending, even the current tax rates matter on a $60,000 home theater projector....Yes, the poor and middle class will have more spending cash, since it won't come out of their paychecks....But the price increases(because of consumption tax) will make them hesitate with their discretionary spending...and without the poor and middle class pouring less money into the economy, there are less jobs and even less discretionary spending available from Americans

You should understand what you are saying before you post.

Both sides are putting misinformation out about him because he won't play favorites with anyone but the American people.

As you can see, i know EXACTLY what i'm talking about

Edited by donnydoright
  • Upvote 1

I love Ron Paul and the Fact the media doesn't want to talk about says alot.The only time they like to talk about him is when they can twist something he said to make him look bad.He is the best man for the job for sure.Duck all morons he is running against.

To bad that Bush colon will probly get the spot Ron should be in.It really is to bad we don't live in a free country anymore or we could just vote him in. :lol: Anyone here remember when that was really posible? :rolleyes:

It really is to bad we don't live in a free country anymore or we could just vote him in. :lol: Anyone here remember when that was really posible? :rolleyes:

Ah, the Popular vote vs the Electoral Vote....Me thinks you should talk to the writers of the Constitution about that

It was never possible to just Vote people in...Many presidents through out our history have NOT been 'voted in' by the people, but still had the electoral College Elect them

Edited by donnydoright

The current Fair tax plan he is talking about excludes corporation from ANY consumption tax...Libertarians Scream and cry when anything like a VAT tax is talked about and a consumption tax on corporations and manufacturers look too much like a VAT tax to them....The current Fair tax plan takes ALL of the tax burden off of the Corporations and Manufacturers and puts it on the people

As you can see, i know EXACTLY what i'm talking about

I think you are misinformed about Ron Pauls' position. Ron Paul is not for a personal income tax or a flat tax. These type of taxes represent what Ron Paul stands against: collecting revenue to pay the interest on our national debt.

Ron Paul is for ending the Federal Reserve which would do away with directly taxing "ANY" citizens to pay for the interest on the national debt.

On November 20, 2008 Ron Paul said in a New York Times / Freakonomics interview:

“I want to abolish the income tax, but I don’t want to replace it with anything. About 45 percent of all federal revenue comes from the personal income tax. That means that about 55 percent — over half of all revenue — comes from other sources, like excise taxes, fees, and corporate taxes.

We could eliminate the income tax, replace it with nothing, and still fund the same level of big government we had in the late 1990s.
We don’t need to “replace” the income tax at all. I see a consumption tax as being a little better than the personal income tax, and I would vote for the Fair-Tax if it came up in the House of Representatives, but it is not my goal. We can do better.”

I think you are misinformed about Ron Pauls' position. Ron Paul is not for a personal income tax or a flat tax. These type of taxes represent what Ron Paul stands against: collecting revenue to pay the interest on our national debt.

Ron Paul is for ending the Federal Reserve which would do away with directly taxing "ANY" citizens to pay for the interest on the national debt.

On November 20, 2008 Ron Paul said in a New York Times / Freakonomics interview:

“I want to abolish the income tax, but I don’t want to replace it with anything. About 45 percent of all federal revenue comes from the personal income tax. That means that about 55 percent — over half of all revenue — comes from other sources, like excise taxes, fees, and corporate taxes.

We could eliminate the income tax, replace it with nothing, and still fund the same level of big government we had in the late 1990s.
We don’t need to “replace” the income tax at all. I see a consumption tax as being a little better than the personal income tax, and I would vote for the Fair-Tax if it came up in the House of Representatives, but it is not my goal. We can do better.”

Just the fact that he supports the Fair tax proves he's in the pocket of wall street and the corporations..i never said he was for income tax or the flat tax...i don't know where you got that from

Just the fact that he supports the Fair tax proves he's in the pocket of wall street and the corporations..i never said he was for income tax or the flat tax...i don't know where you got that from

I think you need to read a little more carefully, you completely missed my premise. I will cut and paste the important points.

Ron Paul:

I want to abolish the income tax, but I don't want to replace it with ANYTHING....

We could eliminate the income tax, replace it with NOTHING,...

I would vote for the Fair-Tax if it came up in the House of Representatives, BUT IT IS NOT MY GOAL. WE CAN DO BETTER.

Ron Pauls' goal is, as I stated before, to not directly tax any citizen of the United States. Whether it is a personal income tax, a flat tax, or a fair tax.

Understand that one of Ron Paul's main tenets is to abolish the Federal Reserve. Abolishing the Federal Reserve means no personal income tax. All revenue collected from personal income tax only pays the interest we owe the Fed on our national debt.

So if he is not for a personal income tax, why would he be for a fair tax or a flat tax which would be to replace the personal income tax?

He said he would vote for a fair tax... yes. But what does he follow it with? IT IS NOT MY GOAL. WE CAN DO BETTER.

How do we do better? Abolish the Federal Reserve. If you know anything about Ron Paul you would know that is one of his top goals.

I don't know of any other politician that has been true to his word.

He tried to warn us of what is happening now for a very long time.

Vote Ron Paul 2012

He's got my vote. One of a few, very few that have been in office for more than two terms that will get my vote. It's a shame what the media and the political machines try to make him out to be. Our constitution has been trampled upon and we need people like him representing the people in office.

Dr./Congressman Ron Paul for President and Herman Cain as his running mate!

Keep posting info like this DM, hopefully people will open the links and realize what he really stands for. He has stood firm on his convictions for years, he is a man that lives what he preaches, unlike the other folks. I'll use Ms. Bachmann and her husband as examples, they received gov't funded money for their farm, like they really farmed the land, give me a break. It may be legal but is it ethical? Integrity is what we need to see in our elected officials. We have seen so much in the way of unethical, lack of integrity and moral decay in this country from our elected officials. A President that states to the American people that he did not have sex with that woman and then is impeached, Anthony Weiner is another, David Vitter here in Louisiana.

I for one am sick of the political machines, both sides of the aisle. It is time for change, time to elect people that walk in integrity and fully support the constitution!

Just my :twocents: worth

• Upvote 1