Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The "Drop Dead" June 30 date

Beachwalker

Adam,

If Iraq delays the RV until after June 30th, what, if anything, can happen to them? Is there a "poison pill" of any kind that awaits Iraq if they are still dithering and feuding beyond that point? What many, including myself, want to know is exactly how significant is June 30th to Iraq, and to us, in terms of putting pressure on Iraq to RV by then. I understand that they can be sued big time if they postpone until after then because of the DFI. Is this correct?

Iraq "Uncloaks" on June 30th as the UN Protected DFI funds become visible.

The US also holds funds under EO 13315 ( a part of EO 13303) that may or may not be exposed at the same time. At present, the extension of EO 13303 is offering those separate funds protection.

The president has indicated that he may also remove those protections after reviewing the current status on June 30, 2011. .

The EO can protect the other funds until it expires on May 22, 2012, and it can be extended for another year prior to May 22 2012.

I know this is about as clear as mud, but trust me, the pea is still under one of those walnut shells.

There is a certain amount of "gamesmanship" in the June 30th review of EO13303...

• Upvote 1

I agree that now until 6/30 is our best window (as far out as July 10th)...but to me, that's far too obvious of a date for the RV to happen (all eyes are watching)...so, I feel that if indeed Iraq is ready to RV, it will happen at some random date and time prior to 6/30...my 23.54 dinar cool.gif

• Upvote 1