Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Interesting facts

wiyakpa

As you open your pockets for the next natural disaster, please keep these facts in mind:

The American Red Cross

President and CEO Marsha J. Evans

salary for the year was $651,957 plus expenses

The United Way

President Brian Gallagher

receives a $375,000 base salary

along with numerous expense benefits

UNICEF

CEO Caryl M. Stern

receives $1,200,000 per year (100k per month)

plus all expenses

including a ROLLS ROYCE

Less than 5 cents of your donated dollar goes to the cause

The Salvation Army's

Commissioner Todd Bassett

receives a salary of only $13,000 per year (plus housing)

for managing this $2 billion dollar organization.

96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.

The Masons’ and the Shrine’s’

100% percent of the money goes to the Charity and Cause

kinda interesting facts to remember if your going to make charitable donations post rv

• Upvote 5

thanks for the post. makes you say WTF? other charities you need to be careful is these programs tha supposedly feed the hungry children type of charities. there's a saying charity begins at home (Prov. You should take care of family and people close to you before you worry about helping others). i think i will donate to that one........ ;)

Edited by nointel

These are facts we all ought to take into account as we begin to pass out our good fortune. It is sad that so much of donated dollars go to the fat cats. No one is worth $1,000,000, no one. Not ball players, not heads of companies, no one.

I, for one, will do my research as to what executives of not-for-profits I plan to donate to make and where their funds actually go. I also heard of some "feed the poor children in _______" organizations actually have only a few pennies of each donated dollar go to feed the kids.

We need to be judicious in handling our new found wealth and blessing those we really want to bless. It will be fun if we have done our homework. Some of the local charities I have picked out are truly charities and the execs. are paid but not outlandishly so I feel comfortable in giving to them.

One thing a knowledgeable fellow I know said is to be annonomous with my giving. After much thought I think he is spot on and plan to do just that.

Come on RV!