Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Frank 02_01_10

inheritance

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Use of US dollar to be eliminated in Iraq

By 13th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary) Public Affairs

Jan 30, 2010 - 5:44:41 PM

Email this article

Printer friendly page

ShareThis

Iraqi dinar to protect Soldiers, stimulate local economy

Pfc. Scott A. LeBert, cashier with the 368th Finance Management Company, out of Wichita, Kan., 36th Sustainment Brigade, 13th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary), and a Lake Charles, La., native, assists two Soldiers with a transaction Jan. 27 at the finance office at Contingency Operating Location Basra, Iraq. (U.S. Army photo by: Pfc. Lisa A. Cope)

CONTINGENCY OPERATING LOCATION BASRA, Iraq - United States currency may soon become difficult to find in Iraq as part of an effort to protect Soldiers and increase the value of the Iraqi dinar.

Sgt. Brittany A. Raimer, a dispersing manager with the 368th Finance Management Company, out of Wichita, Kan., 36th Sustainment Brigade, 13th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary), said eliminating the use of U.S. currency on the battlefield will help to stimulate the economy of Iraq.

"One of the main focuses of finance is to ultimately eliminate U.S. currency from the battlefield," said Raimer, a Lake Charles, La., native. "Our government is implementing the use of the Iraqi dinar, to both undermine the dependency the Iraqi nationals have on American currency and to back the Dinar, greatly increasing its weight on the market."

The use of electronic fund transfers to pay vendors and contractors, and urging service members to rely on the Eagle Cash Card, rather than cash, are two major changes that have been implemented in Iraq to eliminate the use of cash, said Raimer.

"The Eagle Cash Card enables personnel to have a direct link to the bank account without the hassle of hard cash," said Raimer. "The stored value card has been instrumental in effectively moving toward a cashless battlefield."

Sgt. Toni M. Guillery, a dispersing agent with the 368th FM Co., and a Lake Charles, La., native, said the Eagle Cash Card is designed to help prevent service members from losing money or being robbed while in country.

"Carrying a single card is better than carrying a wad of money in your pocket, but one concern that I do have is ... on the kiosks, you have to use a pin number in order to access the money, but when you go to vendors, you do not," said Guillery. "If you (fill the card) up to the max, and you lose that card, and somebody picks it up and finds it and they are a dishonest person, they can go and spend that money."

Guillery said the unit only disburses U.S. cash to service members who are about to go on mid-tour leave or re-deploy.

Guillery said the unit disburses less than $10,000 in U.S. cash per month, but disburses more than 351,000,000(IQD), the equivalent of roughly $300,000, per month.

The current exchange rate is 1,170 to $1, said Guillery.

Raimer said the transition away from the U.S. dollar has aided the progression of the banking industry in Iraq.

Raimer said, "The progression (away from U.S. currency) has greatly supported the modernization of the banking system, thus improving and instilling trust in the local economy."

Spc. Steven M. Buck, a budget analyst with the 368th Finance Management Company, out of Wichita, Kan., 36th Sustainment Brigade, 13th Sustainment Command (Expeditionary), and a Wellington, Kan., native, assists Sgt. Rojan C. Woolridge, a human resources noncommissioned officer for the 3rd Battalion, 58th Aviation Regiment out of Illesheim, Germany, and a Washington native, do the distribution of finance for his unit Jan. 27 at the finance office at Contingency Operating Location Basra, Iraq. (U.S. Army photo by: Pfc. Lisa A. Cope)

The contents of the cash drawer Jan. 27 at the finance office at Contingency Operating Location Basra, Iraq illustrates how the use of U.S. cash is being eliminated in Iraq. (U.S. Army photo by: Pfc. Lisa A. Cope)

This is the 3rd email that I share with you from a Russian detective who has a friend that works in an Iraqi bank. He reported to us that employees are frustrated about a month ago. About 10 days ago he reported to us that the vaults are filled with lower denoms causing inventory problems. This communication is showing us that it is possible we may see something tomorrow (keep in mind the 8 hr difference). The message was short so I do not know if it is based on bank intel or his opinion. I must admit that this is the first time I have ever seen an Iraqi bank source give us a date or an attempt to do so.

Russian Contact Info

Frank, I'm just coming to catch up after a busy weekend. First I just received a call saying that there is a rumor saying that the HCL may have passed and that’s exciting but no proof yet. And I just received a call at 10:05 p.m. from the Russian contact. The "Floor Manager" is reporting that the RV/RI will be announced before Tuesday....I guess that means Monday some time.

The 2010 budget is passed………but is it approved? Your guess is as good as mine Family…….it’s hard to pinpoint things in Iraq. Reminds me of playing with mercury……..you can never really get your fingers on it. LOL…….but of course one wouldn’t want to. So why do they keep metamorphasizing into slippery mercury beads? For example………we have the President of Iraq Talabani ……….huffing and puffing wanting to blow the parliament house down by vetoing the budget. He says he is not pleased with Article 21 apparently it affects government jobs and oil jobs and he is not pleased. What a fine time for him to open his mouth …….why didn’t he protest the Article before it was passed last week? IMO……..he wants to stall or create a power play for his political advantage. Yet his right hand man the VP of Iraq is in Washington DC right now belly bumping with O …..Biden……Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and Hillarious Clinton. Hmmm…….all we are missing is Bush. Oh wait a minute……Bush and O met over the weekend. Interesting isn’t it? The number one and number two guys in Iraq ……..seem to be playing good guy and bad guy. We have a bombing today with many killed and injured in the total of 150+. Another irritating thing to deal with. The crazy thing that is among all this confusion is the fact that Iraq is being inundated by so many visitors in the last few days. They say that it’s some kind of a celebration and to date there are over 5 million visitors in Iraq right now. I am amaze how the media constantly highlights setbacks and bombings but rarely if ever………point out the working process in Iraq. Five million visitors is a lot of people coming just to visit a war torn country? There is a lot going on in Iraq Family and most of it………is very good.

Below is the best article that we have come across to explain what Article 21 is. I wish to thank BAMABREEZE for finding this for us.

Maliki's coalition calls for the presidency to overturn Article 21 of the 2010 budget

الكاتب: HH Author: HH

المحرر: NK | SS Editor: NK | SS

الخميس 28 ك2 2010 10:02 GMT Thursday, 28 K 2 2010

Alsumaria News / Baghdad

طالب أعضاء من ائتلاف دولة القانون الذي يتزعمه رئيس الحكومة نوري المالكي، اليوم الخميس، رئاسة الجمهورية إلى نقض المادة 21 من موازنة 2010 الخاصة بالدرجات الوظيفية، فيما اعتبروا أن القصد من التصويت عليها هو لإيقاف عمل رئيس الحكومة. Student members of the coalition, the rule of law, led by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Thursday, presidential veto to Article 21 of the 2010 budget for determining the level, while considered that the purpose of voting is to stop the work of the Prime Minister.

وقال النائب الأول لرئيس البرلمان خالد العطية في مؤتمر صحافي عقده في قصر المؤتمرات ببغداد، وحضرته "السومرية نيوز"، إن "ائتلاف دولة القانون دعا رئيس الجمهورية إلى نقض المادة 21 من الموازنة الخاصة بالدرجات الوظيفية وإبعادها عن الموازنة"، مبينا انه "في حال الاستجابة للطلب فإن هيئة رئاسة al-Attiyah told a press conference at the Conference Palace in Baghdad, attended by "Alsumaria News", the "coalition of the state law called for the President to veto the budget article 21 of the degrees of functional and removed from the balance sheet," noting that "if the response of the request of the Presidency of the parliament to call for an extraordinary session to remove this article, or deleted from the budget. "

وكان مجلس النواب العراقي صوت بعد ظهر الثلاثاء الماضي، على الموازنة العامة للعام الحالي 2010، بعد مناقشات طويلة واعتراضات من بعض الجهات السياسية عليها تخوفا من أن تستخدم للدعاية الانتخابية من قبل الأطراف الحكومية، ومن ضمن الفقرات التي تم إقرارها ضمن الموازنة هي المادة 21 التي نصت على ربط 115 ألف درجة وظيفية بتأسيس مجلس الخدمة الاتحادي. The Iraqi Council of Representatives voted on Tuesday afternoon last, on the state budget for the current year 2010, after long discussions and objections from some political parties for fear it could be used for electoral propaganda by the governmental parties, and in the paragraphs that have been approved within the budget is Article 21 which stipulates A link to the 115 degree and functional establishment of the Federal Civil Service Council.

وأضاف العطية وهو قيادي في دولة ائتلاف القانون أن "الموازنة احتوت على 15 مناقلة للأموال بين الوزارات، من غير استشارة الحكومة، الأمر الذي سيجعل الحكومة عاجزة عن القيام بمهامها الاقتصادية في الفترة المقبلة". He said al-Attiyah, a leader in the coalition of law that "the budget contained a 15 transfers of funds between the ministries, non-government consultation, which will make the government unable to carry out its tasks in the coming period of economic". البرلمان ستدعو لعقد جلسة استثنائية لإبعاد هذه المادة أو حذفها من الموازنة". The First Deputy Speaker Khalid

من جهته، وقال القيادي أيضا في ائتلاف دولة القانون حيدر العبادى، خلال المؤتمر إن "ربط المادة 21 الخاصة بـ 115 ألف درجة وظيفية بمجلس الخدمة الاتحادي، سيضع الحكومة بمأزق كبير، خاصة بما يتعلق بامتصاص البطالة في البلاد". For his part, said the leadership is also in a coalition of law Haider Abadi, told the conference that "the link of article 21 of 115 thousand b the degree of functional service Federal Council, the government will put a large dilemma, especially with regard to absorb unemployment in the country."

وأضاف العبادي أن "الموازنة طموحة، وذلك لأن 28 % منها خصص للموازنة الاستثمارية، فضلا عن إضافة فقرة دعم المبادرة الزراعية بمبلغ مليار دولار". Abadi said that "the budget is ambitious, and because 28% of the budget allocated for investment, as well as add a paragraph to support the initiative agricultural one billion dollars."

وأشار العبادي إلى أن "ورقة الموازنة التي رفعتها الحكومة للبرلمان، جرى تلاعب سياسي فيها، خاصة بموضوع الرواتب والمخصصات للرئاسات الثلاثاء، حيث شمل التخفيض 20 % من الرواتب فقط". Ebadi pointed out that "the balance sheet filed by the government to parliament, which was political manipulation, particularly on salaries and allowances for the presidency Tuesday, which included the reduction of 20% of salary only."

من جانبه، قال القيادي في ائتلاف دولة القانون سامي العسكري، خلال المؤتمر نفسه، إن "تشكيل مجلس الخدمة الاتحادي يحتاج إلى عدة أشهر، الأمر الذي سيتسبب بحرمان المواطنين، خصوصا الخريجين منهم، من فرص العمل، ويكثر من البطالة في البلاد". For his part, the leadership of the coalition of state law, Sami al-Askari, during the same conference, said that "the formation of the Federal service needsto be several months, which will cause the deprivation of citizens, especially graduates of them, employment opportunities, and a lot of unemployment in the country."

فيما أعرب النائب عباس البياتى، في تصريح له خلال المؤتمر، عن "استغرابه من تصويت البرلمان على المادة 21"، واعتبر أن "التصويت كان بقصد إيقاف عمل رئيس الحكومة"، داعيا إلى "نقض هذه المادة". While expressing MP Abbas al-Bayati, said in his statement during the conference, expressed "surprise of the parliament's vote on Article 21," and added that "the vote was in order to stop the work of Prime Minister", calling for a "reversal of this article."

يذكر أن مجلس الوزراء وافق بجلسته في الثالث عشر من شهر تشرين الأول الماضي على الموازنة الاتحادية لعام 2010 البالغة 83 تريليون دينار عراقي، وتتضمن الموازنة التكميلية لعام 2009 والبالغة 5 تريليون و300 مليار والتي اعتمدت على أساس أن سعر البرميل الواحد من النفط 60 دولاراً، وتم إرسالها إلى مجلس النواب للمصادقة عليها، فيما طالبت محافظتا واسط وكربلاء بزيادة حصتيهما من الموازنة. The cabinet approved in its session of the thirteenth month of October last federal budget for 2010 of $ 83 trillion Iraqi dinars, which contains the supplementary budget for 2009 and $ 5 trillion and 300 billion and adopted on the basis that the price of a barrel of oil of $ 60, which was sent to the House of Representatives for approval, as demanded Governorates of Wasit, Karbala, an increase of share of the budget.

Was there an auction today? Once again one article says yes and another says no. Take your pick Family or remember what I always tell you……..forget what they say and check out what they do. Personally I do not see proof of an auction for today as of yet. Let’s see what they tell us tomorrow.

The revolving door of debt forgiveness to Iraq from countries seems to be creating a logjam. Today we see Denmark, UAE, Egypt, Turkey and Poland talking about 100% debt forgiveness. It’s almost like everyone wants to date the prom queen…….it can only be good.

I will introduce this as a rumor because it was called into me and is still being investigated. It is possible that you will already know the answer by the time my admins post my report to you. It is believed that M is seeking airtime. Not sure if it is true nor do we know the reason for the request. Let’s work together to see if we can find more on this.

I leave you now but with a request. We are going to teach you how to put on the full suit of armor. Many of you did a wonderful job with the Jericho March. For those of you who did not have an understanding of the march and felt uneasy…….at least it was a learning experience and you will now learn about the full suit of armor that God requests of us. Finally……..I need your prayers not only for my TINK’s medical needs but for a project that the Lord has brought to KTFM. Let us call it “Frank’s Project” when you take it to the Lord in Prayer…………… He will know what You speak of. I will also tell You when to stop on ………….”Frank’s Project”. Please accept my Christian Love and Alohas.

KTF,

Frank