Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

gallon of milk

Ray Aber

You tell em russian,,,,50 cents for a bottle of beer,,,,don`t let all the boozers here find that out,,,iraq will go up in population over night...

I must have had one to many...,,,three fifty a beer sorry ,,,put your passports away,,,false alarm...

Edited by leola

no liquor in iraq

Iraq is not a dry country. In 2004 there was a liquor store in BIAP Airport stocked to the brim and locked up tight. It was torture walking through the airport on the way back in and all that liquor just sitting there calling our names! :D

Ahem ... here we go again.

If you are assuming there is no alcohol in a Muslim country, it is because we have been made to believe that. And how? Just as we have been made to believe a lot of other guff that is supposed to be in the Koran. But it ain't so.

The Koran is studied in Arabic. Any tanslation you find that you can read in English or French or German or Spanish, has about as much accuracy as the bible does going straight from the dead sea scrolls to King James by way of the Hittites, the Greeks, the Romans ... too much lost in translation. (not denigrating the bible but questioning some of the accuracy of translation)

Anyway, the Koran teaches, when studied as it is by true brothers of Islam, that is not sinful to drink alcohol. The sin, and therefore the disgrace, and the insult to Mohammed, is if one becomes drunk. It is sinful to become drunk, innebriated, sozzled, high, tight, fuzzy, or otherwise under the table with the quantitiy of booze ingested.

Ask me how I know. Go ahead. I am female, not of Islam, don't read Arabic and have a copy of the Koran, in Arabic, with lots of gold leaf on it, that I could not read in a month of ... make that a lifetime of Sundays.

Well, when i lived in Vancouver, BC I rented a large house. It had the direct entry basement I wanted and there was a whole house above me doing nothing. So I furnished it and rented it out, to foreign university students. My first three students were all Muslim. One from Egypt, one from Saudi Arabia, and one from Kiwait. These were all students taking courses in Canada so they would have international experience on their resumes and each and every one of them was smart, fairly liberal minded, thought of me as "mom" and I had a great time learning from them about their homelands, their religion, the Koran, the role women played, the truth about what was being said after the 9-11 attacks in reference to what the Koran did and did not preach. It was a fantastic learning experience. When i tell you here of something one of my students tells me about Iraq, it is from the Egyptian student who rented from me for three years, and was also one of my actual students in a course I taught at the both the University of BC and Simon Fraser University.

So, I know about this stuff, at least the parts I will spout off about. If it something I don't know, I keep my trap shut. But this I do know.

Oh, the restriction on pork is for real. They don't have BLT. they have MLT ... Mutton, Lettuce and Tomato ... as first brought to the public in the movie Princess Bride by Billly Crystal. hahahahaha

Must be late, I am having giggle fits. Better go and let you digest however much of this you read.

Thanks

smee2

• Upvote 1