Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Warka investing

Captainron601

Fellow ISX investors,

I am obviously ignorant to the investment game and wondered if someone with the knowledge would be so kind as to educate me on how this investment works in regards to Warka offering this opportunity?

**Dear Warka Investors, Iraqi Land Transportation has announced that it will be issuing: 91% free shares and 53% paid up shares at the price of IQD (1) per share.***

Feedback welcomed...

Fellow ISX investors,

I am obviously ignorant to the investment game and wondered if someone with the knowledge would be so kind as to educate me on how this investment works in regards to Warka offering this opportunity?

**Dear Warka Investors, Iraqi Land Transportation has announced that it will be issuing: 91% free shares and 53% paid up shares at the price of IQD (1) per share.***

Feedback welcomed...

Captainron, if you purchased Iraqi Land Transport or any stock that's offering free or paid up shares before their general Assembly meeting date, you will receive for this meeting 91% of how many shares of Land Trans you owned before the meeting. Example: 200,000 shares X 0.91 + 182,000 shares. Depending on the company, sometimes you can add the 200,000 original shares + 182,000 =

382,000 X 53% @ 1 dinar per share. Total amount you pay for Paid up, 202,460 dinars. Total shares owned = 584,460. Hope the math is right.

Warka doesn't offer this, only for Warka Stock. Warka is a broker for the ISX, so any company trading on the ISX and they have a meeting to raise capital for their company, may offer free shares, paid up shares or dividends. If Warka is your broker they will let you know what the offer is, but not directly to your e-mail. You must go to the ISX website, under news or Warka's website under news.

Once the company finishes its meeting (usually takes a while) Warka as a broker, emails you an Excel sheet showing how many free shares you received. For Paid Up shares you have to send a letter to your broker, Warka or whomever you use, stating that you authorize them to take the amount out of your account for puchase paid up shares. There is a deadline date for the paid ups.

Free Shares are also call 55 II

Paid Up Share are called 55 I

I think dividend are call 55 III, not positive.

Edited by one4dinar
  • Upvote 1

Captainron, if you purchased Iraqi Land Transport or any stock that's offering free or paid up shares before their general Assembly meeting date, you will receive for this meeting 91% of how many shares of Land Trans you owned before the meeting. Example: 200,000 shares X 0.91 + 182,000 shares. Depending on the company, sometimes you can add the 200,000 original shares + 182,000 =

382,000 X 53% @ 1 dinar per share. Total amount you pay for Paid up, 202,460 dinars. Total shares owned = 584,460. Hope the math is right.

Warka doesn't offer this, only for Warka Stock. Warka is a broker for the ISX, so any company trading on the ISX and they have a meeting to raise capital for their company, may offer free shares, paid up shares or dividends. If Warka is your broker they will let you know what the offer is, but not directly to your e-mail. You must go to the ISX website, under news or Warka's website under news.

Once the company finishes its meeting (usually takes a while) Warka as a broker, emails you an Excel sheet showing how many free shares you received. For Paid Up shares you have to send a letter to your broker, Warka or whomever you use, stating that you authorize them to take the amount out of your account for puchase paid up shares. There is a deadline date for the paid ups.

Thanks you very much one4dinar, I appreciate your generosity on educating me one how that investment works with Warka. At fist, I read your response and didn't understand but after giving it a few moments to sink in It all makes sense and sounds like a pretty good deal for Warka investors. Now to do some homework on the companies on the ISX.

Muchas gracias

Captainron601

• Upvote 1

No problem, Captainron. Someone was kind enough to help me when I first started.

If you get a chance read wingsofhope's post on the Iraqi News Thread. It's a long read but gives good information on Iraq's potential, and the sectors in particular. It also shows a graph of sectors current in country investors find the most lucrative. Construction, was second after oil. My focus has been heavy into banking and transport, now I will add more to construction. I have Mamoura construction but Fallujah contruction is good also.

Anyway, best of luck. Glad you are taking part in this investment of a lifetime!!!

Edited by one4dinar

Great info.