Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US SENATE HEARING ON IRAQI ECONOMY

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/USPolicyTowardIraq120

Go to 02:00hrs. The conversation on the economy continues for about 6min.

I have mixed feelings about the video.

When asked If there would be a direct return on our investment in Iraq, Ambassador Jeffery states that the return was in terms of world security and stability, and that it would be an indirect return. I posted a video last week where senate states they were told Iraqi oil production would fund the cost of the war. Jeffery then becomes short and looks to be frustrated when the question is more specifically rephrased.

I watched the entire video on TV today, and Jeffery took a lot of tough and direct questioning. His response here was the only time he showed any sort of frustration. It almost seemed to me that the senator and Jeffery both knew what he was asking and the ambassador didn't appreciate it.

The video continues with the topic of the economy, AND SOUNDS VERY PROMISSING, but maybe drawn out further than some are expecting

Not necessarily my opinion.... Just trying to take it all in.

Edited by 331

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/USPolicyTowardIraq120

Go to 02:00hrs. The conversation on the economy continues for about 6min.

I have mixed feelings about the video.

When asked If there would be a direct return on our investment in Iraq, Ambassador Jeffery states that the return was in terms of world security and stability, and that it would be an indirect return. I posted a video last week where senate states they were told Iraqi oil production would fund the cost of the war. Jeffery then becomes short and looks to be frustrated when the question is more specifically rephrased.

I watched the entire video on TV today, and Jeffery took a lot of tough and direct questioning. His response here was the only time he showed any sort of frustration. It almost seemed to me that the senator and Jeffery both knew what he was asking and the ambassador didn't appreciate it.

The video continues with the topic of the economy, AND SOUNDS VERY PROMISSING, but maybe drawn out further than some are expecting

Not necessarily my opinion.... Just trying to take it all in.

From what I gather at your opinion of the video... Your insinuiating (spelling??) that Jeffery was basically being questioned upon whether or not a currency would be RV... The question was not direct, but likely a round-about way of asking to gather that intel. Probably why the frustration. Lets say Jeffery knew of the RV and didn't want to leak any of that information. It would likely be that he would have to concentrate on his answers to prevent any leaks.

Thoughts? This could be good/bad.. Who knows, it always seems like mixed feelings.

He starts out specifically speaking about the oil and the return on it and the ambassador returns speaking about troops and relations etc. I did not see anything about currency though, just my take. They continue if you watch to speak about oil and the barrels per day. As well as 18 percent unemployment, then back to oil. Quite extensively and predominantly about oil and the budget impact from the oil and slow improvement on the economy.