Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Currency Regime Answer From Odana

Here is the response to the change in currency regime I received from Odana. I pressed them on why it's listed as a float, when a float by definition is traded in the Forex market. Hope this helps. At least they gave me an answer, though deflected the question if they thought that it would be openly traded soon...

Ticket Number: HD2950835

Short Description: Are Float Rates Traded Within Forex

Dear,

Thank you for your interest in OANDA.

The currency regime on it's own does not determine if a currency is openly traded. It is the countries monetary policy that does this. To find out if IQD is openly traded, or will be openly traded, we suggest that you review the monetary policy for Iraq.

If you have any questions please contact us at your earliest convenience.

Kind Regards,

OANDA.com support Team(JD)

http://oanda.com

• Upvote 1

I've been watching this since yesterday and has been interesting. Thank you for all your efforts. Their response is vague and in a politicians answer without really saying anything. Seems as if something is going on, but who knows....seen many things come and go that I thought were a sure bet, but soon floundered. But this RV is close, for the Iraqi people need it, the world needs it, and heck we need it too. I saw you put in a lot of effort on this, and truly appreciate it....going to be interesting how this thing pans out.

Peace.

Gary

I just wanted an answer, got one....sort of, but not going to read anymore into this.

I believe it's a puzzle piece, it's in place now (at least for them) to be traded on the open market. No idea if there are timelines attached to when it is supposed to go live, but it appears to me that since it's a float, the timer is ticking for it to be traded on Forex.

TPR

• Upvote 1

I just wanted an answer, got one....sort of, but not going to read anymore into this.

I believe it's a puzzle piece, it's in place now (at least for them) to be traded on the open market. No idea if there are timelines attached to when it is supposed to go live, but it appears to me that since it's a float, the timer is ticking for it to be traded on Forex.

TPR

Nice work Phantom, thanks for sticking with it.