Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

People in Basra, Babel, Wasit missed in new govt.

k98nights

People in Basra, Babel, Wasit missed in new govt.

Saturday, December 25th 2010 8:17 PM

Baghdad, Dec. 25 (AKnews) - Member of the National Coalition (NC) criticized on Saturday the non-representation of Basra, Babil and Wasit in the Iraqi government formation, indicating that the new government in its current form is similar to the composition of the government during the former regime.

Sabah al-Saadi, who announced his withdrawal from the Fadila Party after the parliamentary elections, said in a press conference held at the Conference Palace in Baghdad that al-Maliki is not convinced with the government formation and he wondered how can he form a government that he was not convinced of."

Maliki stated in the session of giving confidence for the government that he didn't see the majority of the names of new ministers and handed the nomination of some of them by phone without discussing their CVs.

"The parliament must account the government after months of work, and the Council of Ministers must ask the ministers about their programs within one month from the date of their working," Saadi added.

Iraqi parliament entrusted Maliki's new cabinet in its Tuesday session with majority vote.

Reported by Yazn al-Shemmari

RN/GS AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/205472/

Maybe we should hit them with "shock and awe", declare "Mission Accomplished" and spend another ten years dismantling and then rebuilding a third GOI. That way we can all go back to our everyday lives and meet back here in, let's say, 2020?

Or, these cowboys can man up, realize the bus left without them, and go open a 7-11 in Sadr City.

Then again what do I know? I have to sit in the back of the bus cause I'm only a newbie.

Edited by tjmunson
  • Upvote 3

I apologize for my last post if I've offended anyone. That was not my intent. It's my pissy NY attitude coming through. I just find it offensive when every rogue group in Iraq feel that they are entitled to a role in this government and as a result hold up the process for everyone.

I wish I could blame it on too much egg nog, but I don't drink.

• Upvote 1