Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq & WTO - Check this out Iraq listed for Nov.21, 2010

rocketman2010

This is a post of a the future classes that will train people on and how the WTO operates etc. This particular class is just for ME Countries. That all it is. biggrin.gif Thanks for looking for Intel. See below!

This activity will focus on multilateral trade issues, updating on DDA negotiations, The global economic crises, Research interests in the AMEC region, Enhancing trade-related training skills, involving presentations by WTO experts and regional experts, as well as and round tables to discuss these matters and the implications for the region.

This workshop will be delivered through a combination of lectures and round-table discussions.

The general objective of this workshop is to contribute to institutional capacity building on WTO-related issues in academic institutions, with a view to enhancing national training, teaching and research capacities on these matters with scholars from Arab and Middle East Countries.

This workshop seeks to strengthen a regional network of academics and to identify a core group of scholars with whom the WTO Secretariat is expected to jointly deliver a one-month Short Regional Trade Policy Course for Government Officials, in cooperation with the Arab Monetary Fund (AMF), to take place in Abu Dhabi on 21 November-16 December 2010.

At the end of the event, participants are expected to be more familiar with the functioning of the WTO, the DDA negotiations, and trade-policy issues of regional interest.

• Upvote 6

It would be interesting to know if the other countries that are listed with Iraq are full members of the WTO.......i have to run but ill check later and get back to ya! let me know if u find it!!!! good find and thanks!!!

Chuckles

Yemen is on the list of countries that have been invited. I'm probably wrong bit I cant imagine them be allowed to be part of the WTO.

• Upvote 1