Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi parliament declares Maliki''s as national unity govt

peanut46

Iraqi parliament declares Maliki''s as national unity govt

Politics 11/13/2010 2:58:00 PM

BAGHDAD, Nov 13 (KUNA) -- Leading figure of the Iraqi National Alliance Haider Al-Abadi said here Saturday that leaders of the political blocs have agreed upon announcing during the parliamentary session due today the would-be government of Nouri Al-Maliki as a national unity government.

Al-Abadi made clear in a press conference that the leaders have agreed upon preparing an address to be delivered in today's parliamentary session in which they will assert that all political blocs stand behind the formation of Al-Maliki's government that should be a national unity government in which all parties participate.

He also pointed out that the Iraqi List offered its apology for governor of the Iraq's province of Kurdistan Masud Barzani for its withdrawal from the parliamentary session before the election of president Jalal Talabani, asserting that there is a misunderstanding behind this, and not a given stance against the election of Talabani.

Al-Abadi asserted the parliament will embark upon the formation of its relevant committees and will amend its bylaw in what ensures public interest and facilitates its tasks.

He also remarked that political blocs will continue in the next month mulling the undetermined issues among them including those related to ending the exclusion of some leaders of the Iraqi List.

In the same vein, he said leaders have agreed upon ending the exclusion of the leaders of the Iraqi List according to legal frameworks, asserting that the law provides for a possible voting of the parliament for singling these leaders out from the exclusion and it is a matter consigned to the opinions of the parliament's members.

He added that there are no guarantees concerning the abolition of the decisions of accountability and exclusion that were thrust upon the Iraqi List leaders, but all is related to a consensus on following the sound legal measures when dealing with such matter.

Further, he said that the Iraqi House of Representatives will discuss later the establishment of a national council for higher strategic studies in what entails the enactment of a legislation.

He concluded by saying that that the parliament will consider the powers that the proposed council will be invested with as well as its mechanism and the voting quotas within it, asserting the council will not have executive powers and will not interefere with the powers of any other body. (pickup previous) ahh.aff KUNA 131458 Nov 10NNNN

I am not sure if this was posted yet I did not see it but if it was I am sorry for the repost

http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesPublicSite/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2124811&Language=en

sorry I posted this in the wrong spot if some one can move it I would appreciate it thank you

Edited by peanut46
  • Upvote 2