Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq forms government

adontik

aadontic this some great news!

Thanks for the post!

Carla

Iraq forms government

Agence France-Presse November 8, 2010 12:09 AM showTab("text/html"); Nuri al-Maliki, 60, Iraq's uncharismatic but tough-talking prime minister and former rebel, has won a second chance at the premiership eight months after inconclusive elections. After a protracted political standoff that kept the country without a government following the March 7 elections, rival parties reached a power-sharing agreement with Maliki to stay in the top job.

Sentenced to death by Saddam Hussein, former guerrilla Maliki, who spent decades in exile, emerged from the shadows in 2006 to take the reins of Iraq's first permanent post-Saddam government.

Under his tenure the American military ended combat operations in Iraq at the end of August, keeping about 50,000 troops in the country to advise and assist the Iraqi authorities.

© Copyright © The Province

The way I read these articles, the subject of this thread should be different. They do not tell me that the government is completely formed. They simply state that it has been agreed that Malaki will retain his position as Prime Minister. Other news articles also ackowledge this but further say that other postions have to be settled. Now all of them could have been settled on but not officially announced. From what I've read I think that is to happen on Thursday Nov 11, but then I could be wrong or have misread other news articles. Remember, we were told that there would be a lot of misleading news articles during the last week.