Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What would you do??

cgbrown

I was out taking my evening walk and the track I was walking on circled the park. This park is located near a subdivision and many houses border the park. Well, as I was walking I came behind a row of houses. This one particular house had a garden at the rear of the property, so i could see it clearly. I looked and admired tomatoes, and bell peppers and etc. Now i just love fresh vine ripe tomatoes. I noticed the owner of this garden was just letting tomatoes go rotten on the vine. There was probably a good bushel of red ripe tomatoes ready for picking... and probably another bushel or so that had dried up on the vine having been left there un-picked.

My question is this : would it be proper for me to go by the house tomorrow and ask the owner if I could purchase some of those tomatoes and bell peppers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know what it's like in your neighborhood, but if you walked past my door and wanted some veggies, I would bring a box, help you pick and not charge you a dime. I have canned, frozen, eaten and given away all I can and yet still there is plenty in the garden. I have enjoyed a plentiful harvest and chances are they have too. Ask, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Of course, you should I have done such as this myself. Only it was not vegetables it was a garden of the most gorgeous flowers. I walked up that path and knocked on the door. An elderly man who looked to be about eighty answered the door and I asked to purchase some of the flowers. It was an amazing garden. He said, "wait one moment" and he came back with clippers and a basket, which he filled with flowers. He said, "you love flowers don't you? I smiled and said yes, as he handed me the basket and I bent my head to inhale the fragrances of Roses and other blossoms. When I asked how much did I owe him, he smiled and said, "they are yours and there is no charge to anyone who loves flowers as much as I do may have my any time."

As walked home with the basket of flowers I thought how wonderful and great this country is for it is a place where you can knock on a door and find another caring American. Flowers are so much like America where freedom and beauty blooms within each of our hearts. Yes, we are Americans great, strong and ever growing and blooming much like the flowers and those vegetables that entranced you for a moment to freeze a special moment in your life.

Thank you for reminding me of how truly truly great every American is especially those who from time to time cross paths here at DV. I had not thought of that heavenly garden for many many years.

God Bless America and You.emot-wave.gif

• Upvote 1