Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

God’s Got This * Dutch Sheets * GiveHIM15 * 1/31/2023

ronscarpa

January 31, 2023

God’s Got This

Never underestimate the importance of legacy and generational vision. My sister (Deana), brother (Tim), and I were raised by parents who knew the Lord. Both sets of grandparents did, as well. My maternal grandmother was blinded by eye surgery while a young mom, but I never once heard her complain. Every night before going to bed, she knelt and prayed for all of her children and grandchildren, individually. My mom continued this tradition. Only God knows what I owe to those prayers.

This week I am honoring our godly heritage by posting GH15s written by several family members. I wrote yesterday’s post, today’s is from my niece, Rachel Shafer (Tim’s and Carol’s daughter). I hope these “family posts” inspire you to believe in the power of generational synergy and legacy. And if you don’t enjoy the benefit of a godly heritage, perhaps you can begin one. Rachel shares:

“There is a war being waged for control of the hearts and minds of our children. Every day, kids of all ages are bombarded with satan’s lies that war against their God-given identities and destinies. Many of our schools and universities are openly teaching demon doctrines (see 1 Timothy 4:1). Traditional sexual identity is being redefined, gender confusion has been declared normal, and the definitions of “woman” and “mother” are being defiled. Our children’s minds are being attacked daily with nonsense and deception.

“If the scenarios rampant in today’s culture are confusing to we adults, can you imagine what they are doing to our children? We must change this! Our children need to be emboldened and empowered by knowing who they are in Christ. They must realize their purpose and identity is found in God. As the Lord told Moses during the Exodus: ‘Teach My Word to your children. Explain My ways to them. Talk about them in your homes. Go over My sayings with them as you’re walking along life’s pathways. Then they will have good success.’ (Paraphrase of Deuteronomy 11:18-21 and Joshua 1:8)

“The wise King Solomon put it succinctly in Proverbs 22:6 (NCV), ‘Train children to live the right way, and when they are old, they will not stray from it.’ We must point our kids in the right direction; the tried and true direction is God’s way.

“My and my dad’s new book, God’s Got This, contains Spirit-led biblical decrees and devotions that will release breakthrough and victory over both young and old. Through this book, you and your family will identify areas under attack and be equipped with the necessary weapons of decree to defeat the enemy. It will mature and equip kids of all ages, inspiring them to live a Spirit-filled life.

God’s Got This is comprised of two sections, one geared for the elementary years and the other for teens into adulthood. All ages will glean wisdom and truth from this book! It is filled with powerful short devotionals, faith-filled decrees and customized prophetic declarations.

“Here are some excerpts from our book God’s Got This: Power Decrees to Overcome Problems, Step Into Purpose, and Receive Promises.

FEAR

“When you were younger you may have been afraid of the dark or thunderstorms or being alone. If any of those fears happened, you probably went to your parents’ room or maybe to a sibling’s. Fear is a very real and powerful emotion. As you have gotten a little older, you may have different fears: fear of the unknown, your future or what others think of you. The list could be quite long. The Bible has much to say about fear and being afraid.

“1 John 4:18 says you can be tormented by your fear, but God’s love takes the torment away. When you became a Christian, you received the gift of the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is God. That means God is with you wherever you are. God knows you will have moments of being fearful. That is why Scriptures say over and over again ‘Do not be afraid.’

“God reminds you again and again that He is always with you. Think about the situations that make you afraid and picture yourself facing those situations with God. The reality is you do not face those situations alone and God is greater than your fears.

“My Decrees:

• I decree that I do not walk in fear. It has no hold on me.

• I decree that even if it looks like or feels like I am surrounded, I am surrounded with Your love and Your power.

• I shake off every lie and the torment of fear and declare that in You I have victory, and it is Your perfect love that drives away fear.

• You are always faithful and You watch over Your Word to perform it.

• Thank You for being more than enough. Thank You that Your angels are with me!

•  

IDENTITY

“Who am I? It is a question that is eventually asked by everyone. Identity is a clearly defined definition of self. As a Christian, your identity is understood by your relationship with Jesus. It is important to know what the Bible says about your identity in Christ and not allow society, peers, achievements, or failures to define who you are.

“Part of your identity is wrapped up in the story of your life. Things that happen to you help shape and form the essence of who you are. As one who believes in Jesus, trust that He is helping write your story. Place the pen in his hands and see the wonderful things He has planned for you.

“The Scriptures clearly explain that you were created in the image of God. You were given your identity so that God could be seen in you. You are to reflect His character so the world can know who He is. Your identity in Christ helps define your values, priorities, passions and purpose.

“My Decrees:

• I decree that God uniquely designed me with characteristics to shape my identity in Him in order for me to walk out my destiny which He has prepared.

• I decree that I will not be influenced by current culture as to who I am, but that I will be defined by who God says I am, according to His Word.

• I decree the passions and purpose that God placed in me were written before I was even born. They are part of His design for my life and who I am to be.

• I decree that angelic assistance will help bring to pass all God has ordained for my life.

• Thank You, God, for continuing to write my story.

“God’s Got This is filled with 180 devotions and over 700 decrees to speak over yourself and others in every season of life. It covers a wide range of topics, from how to handle difficult circumstances, to knowing our spiritual authority in Christ. When you decree God’s truth, your mind is renewed and you become rooted in a healthy, Bible-based identity. Let this book equip you with powerful truths and declarations to stand against the enemy’s lies, and to walk in the truth of your divine destiny!”

Pray with me:

Lord, we declare that our hope, trust, and faith are in You. We are thankful that our lives, as well as those of our children and their offspring are in Your mighty hands. We pray that the truths in this book will become firmly rooted in those who read it. We rebuke the enemy’s attack on our children and youth. We bind confusing and lying spirits, and pray for the release of truth and revelation.

We call forth the destiny of our kids, our teens, and our grown children - none shall be lost! They are not out of Your reach! Lord, we pray for an outpouring of Your Spirit on our sons, daughters and grandchildren. We decree a revival among our youth and declare a release of an awakening. Our children will sing Your songs, dream Your dreams and minister under the anointing of Your Holy Spirit. They will be mighty members of Your Kingdom. Hell will not stop this. We pray that they will walk out their God-given destiny and grow into Your promises for their lives.

We ask for transformative change to come into our education system. Give us leaders who will promote Your ways and values. In Jesus Name! Amen!

Our decree:

We decree that You will pour Your Spirit out on all flesh. Our sons and daughters will prophesy!

Click the link to watch today's video:

God’s Got This was written by my niece Rachel Shafer along with her dad, Tim Sheets (my brother). It is available at their websites listed below or for pre-order on Amazon.

You can learn more about Rachel Shafer and order God’s Got This at www.rachelshafer.com

You can learn more about Tim Sheets and order this book at www.timsheets.org

• Like 1