Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My 100th Post

GrahamB

My 100th Post.

A few weeks ago Adam contacted me and asked whether I was going to complete 100 Posts.

This is one of the factors that spurred me to get this done. The other things that have acted as spurs are, firstly, the (not uncommon) concept of rating membership by the number of Posts, as distinct from the quality of Posts. (Amazon is one of the few organizations that seem to have a handle on this issue!). I have tried (not always successfully) to keep my Posts relevant or humorous. Of course having a weird sense of humour doesn’t always help!

Going along this is the existence on this site, and on others, of people who either have far too much time on their hands, or some unmentionable mental deficiency, that sees them posting meaningless, inane, or plain stupid Posts just for the sake of having a high ‘number’ of Posts. Unless of course they do not realize how pathetic a Post of “hello” really is!

But the primary motivation driving me to become a “Member”, as distinct from a “Junior Member”, is the fact that I am not “Junior”, in any sense. Indeed, I can no longer whistle (which I do very well) or sing (which I do with gusto but less appreciation) the old Beatles song “Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I’m Sixty Four?”

There is something just a little demeaning in still being a “Junior” at that age!

As one who has been invested in Dinar since 2005, and who has encouraged others to join my path towards financial independence, I am completely focused and convinced of the certainty of an RV. Increasingly I see signs that suggest it is no longer “some time in the future” but rather “just around the corner”. I see DinarVets as a very significant force in encouraging us all to look forward with optimism, and to help (especially, it seems, through VIP Group) those who want to maintain a more focused control on their future post-RV.

I do not know if I will make it to Senior Member, which I understand cuts in at 200 Posts. In part because I do have things to do and places to go; in part because I know that my input into this Message Board will not bring the RV forward (in time); but largely because I believe the awaited RV will occur before I can achieve that number of meaningful Posts!

All the best to us all!

post-13574-127503503788_thumb.jpg

Edited by GrahamB
  • Upvote 4

I always wondered what it took to lose my "Junior" status. Like you, I have had my dinar for some time, but keep my posts to minimum. I am on here almost every day, mainly to keep up with whats going on. I don't always have anything to add to the conversation as it is usually well in hand. But, I retain my junior status.... it is what it is!!

Not a complaint, just a comment.

Bart

I hope that makes you feel special. I feel like I'm speaking for a majority when I say Big Deal. We want to read dinar news not personal achievements. We could all post irrelevant information and get 1000 posts. Congats, guess that's what you are looking for

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I hope that makes you feel special. I feel like I'm speaking for a majority when I say Big Deal. We want to read dinar news not personal achievements. We could all post irrelevant information and get 1000 posts. Congats, guess that's what you are looking for

No, it doesn't make me feel special.

Let the 'majority speak for themselves. It is neither you job nor your right to speak for them, especially as you obviously are not participating in the discussions. That is the reason Adam encouraged me to Post, because it is about participation as well as information.

The fact that a so called 'status' is dependent upon quantity not quality of input is one of the very points I seek to make, and obviously it resonates for some, if not yourself.

And keep your congats, and congrats for that matter. I for one have no interest in them.

• Upvote 1

My 100th Post.

A few weeks ago Adam contacted me and asked whether I was going to complete 100 Posts.

This is one of the factors that spurred me to get this done. The other things that have acted as spurs are, firstly, the (not uncommon) concept of rating membership by the number of Posts, as distinct from the quality of Posts. (Amazon is one of the few organizations that seem to have a handle on this issue!). I have tried (not always successfully) to keep my Posts relevant or humorous. Of course having a weird sense of humour doesn’t always help!

Going along this is the existence on this site, and on others, of people who either have far too much time on their hands, or some unmentionable mental deficiency, that sees them posting meaningless, inane, or plain stupid Posts just for the sake of having a high ‘number’ of Posts. Unless of course they do not realize how pathetic a Post of “hello” really is!

But the primary motivation driving me to become a “Member”, as distinct from a “Junior Member”, is the fact that I am not “Junior”, in any sense. Indeed, I can no longer whistle (which I do very well) or sing (which I do with gusto but less appreciation) the old Beatles song “Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I’m Sixty Four?”

There is something just a little demeaning in still being a “Junior” at that age!

As one who has been invested in Dinar since 2005, and who has encouraged others to join my path towards financial independence, I am completely focused and convinced of the certainty of an RV. Increasingly I see signs that suggest it is no longer “some time in the future” but rather “just around the corner”. I see DinarVets as a very significant force in encouraging us all to look forward with optimism, and to help (especially, it seems, through VIP Group) those who want to maintain a more focused control on their future post-RV.

I do not know if I will make it to Senior Member, which I understand cuts in at 200 Posts. In part because I do have things to do and places to go; in part because I know that my input into this Message Board will not bring the RV forward (in time); but largely because I believe the awaited RV will occur before I can achieve that number of meaningful Posts!

All the best to us all!

Awesome 100th post! Thank you :)

There was absolutely no reason to be rude. You may feel like you are speaking for the majority but I have been on this forum for a while now and I can tell the majority of the members do not tolerate nor appreciate such a disrespectful attitude.

My 100th Post.

All the best to us all!

Pardon me sir....Adam just called and wanted me to inquire if we may bother you for a bit of Grey Poupon............ :lmao:

No harm intended GrahamB. I can appreciate your point. Just a friendly jab if you will.

Thank you for the previous 100 and look forward to being cut off by an RV before the next 100............

Good Day!! :tiphat:

Pardon me sir....Adam just called and wanted me to inquire if we may bother you for a bit of Grey Poupon............ :lmao:

We antipodeans are a little behind the times, and don't normally find Grey Poupon on our shelves, but as a special treat for you, i am sending you some by special jpeg delivery!

• Upvote 1

My 100th Post.

All the best to us all!

Thanks for sharing your posts with us. Thanks for being one of us, the group that believes that this will indeed become a reality. The humor in your posts, the optimism in your posts, the sincerity of your posts, tell me that you are without a doubt a "SENIOR MEMBER". Do not doubt for one moment that there is a large group of us that recognize this....... B)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for sharing your posts with us. Thanks for being one of us, the group that believes that this will indeed become a reality. The humor in your posts, the optimism in your posts, the sincerity of your posts, tell me that you are without a doubt a "SENIOR MEMBER". Do not doubt for one moment that there is a large group of us that recognize this....... B)

Well thank you, truckerron49. I appreciate your response.

It does look like I got the wrong end of the stick somewhere, because I see i am still a Junior Member. All very confusing at the moment!

But the RV will go ahead despite the minor trials and tribulations!

Well thank you, truckerron49. I appreciate your response.

It does look like I got the wrong end of the stick somewhere, because I see i am still a Junior Member. All very confusing at the moment!

But the RV will go ahead despite the minor trials and tribulations!

Graham Bull........you sound "old World"......don't get hung up on titles here. I'm a senior member, but as you can see I'm registered and aproved. You got the short end of the stick...How does this sound........ Mongo lll esq.biggrin.gif

We antipodeans are a little behind the times, and don't normally find Grey Poupon on our shelves, but as a special treat for you, i am sending you some by special jpeg delivery!

:D

Nice response!!!

As an antipodean of yours (and YES I had to look it up) I again thank you for your participation here at DV as we ALL try to make sense of this exciting and speculative adventure we are a part of!

Graham Bull........you sound "old World"......don't get hung up on titles here. I'm a senior member, but as you can see I'm registered and aproved. You got the short end of the stick...How does this sound........ Mongo lll esq.biggrin.gif

I'm not really hung up on titles. I used to called Sir in the Air force, but I realised you had to earn the respect. I'm sure a lot of people thing "Cur" when they are required to say "Sir".

But I am confused. I was told that after 100 Posts I ceased being a "Junior Member", but it hasn't happened. And what does one have to do to be "Registered and Approved” Personally I have no idea at all which way is up!

I'm not really hung up on titles. I used to called Sir in the Air force, but I realised you had to earn the respect. I'm sure a lot of people thing "Cur" when they are required to say "Sir".

But I am confused. I was told that after 100 Posts I ceased being a "Junior Member", but it hasn't happened. And what does one have to do to be "Registered and Approved” Personally I have no idea at all which way is up!

I just have to question why this is in the rumor forum. Since you have posted so many times to achieve a higher rank in life at age 64, you should know this belongs in another forum. But hey I'm glad Adam felt the need to contact you about such an important status.

• Downvote 1

I just have to question why this is in the rumor forum. Since you have posted so many times to achieve a higher rank in life at age 64, you should know this belongs in another forum. But hey I'm glad Adam felt the need to contact you about such an important status.

Financeminister, I have to tell you I love your avatar/icon or whatever you call the picture on your posts. It's awesome!

Financeminister, I have to tell you I love your avatar/icon or whatever you call the picture on your posts. It's awesome!

I agree...

However most of his posts are condescending and mean spirited. Which is odd considering the Avatar he displays.