Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

My son asked me a question today, "Is papa an old man?" (Gotta love kids bluntness) and I replied, "Yes, I am getting old.." So the question is why do we get old?

Basically, we rust. Yep! Think of your body as a giant piece of metal and over time, that metal will rust (unless you're made of gold or other precious metal!!). Over time, the elements react to the metal and over time it changes and becomes oxidized. This means, the molecules within the substance lose electrons and-slowly-change their composition or degrade.

The same thing occurs within us (basically), however, Mother Nature gave us the ability to resist this oxidation to a point. Why does oxidization occur? Well, just like WOMEN, we cant live with oxygen and cant live without it. In other words, oxygen keeps up alive and also oxidizes us or causes this rusting. We use oxygen to make energy (ATP) and to fight infections, etc.  So what does the body use to stop/slow down this oxidation? It makes other substances that can "sacrifice" themselves to protect us (alpha-lipoic acid, super oxide dismutase, glutathione, etc). Again, it is nature's plan that we make them and nature knows we need them to protect us against this rusting.

In a perfect world, this rust-fighting occurs at a given rate, HOWEVER, with modern life and bad foods, we can accelerate this rusting to have premature-aging, diseases, etc. So the goal would be to: prevent EXCESSIVE oxidization and support your anti-oxidant systems within your body.

How can you do this? first, would be to have a good diet. If you think deep-friend dognuts are healthy, then you better find someone to help you. But excessive oxidation can occur with foods that you think are good for you, but, in fact, are not. Allergenic food create tremendous inflammation and, therefore, lots of oxidative stress. As are vegetable oils-they can disturb the ratio of fats within the cell membrane not allowing O2 into the cell. Exercise: excessive exercise is just as bad to too little exercise. Some of the sickest people I have worked with are high-endurance athletes or professional body-builders (truthfully, vegans are the sickest people I have ever seen). Detoxification: all the cells are designed to reduce oxidative attacks to some degree. They also will make oxygen to stop pathogens/microbes. Again, remember, oxygen is used within the cell to make energy (well, hopefully you are using oxygen-if not, you are fermenting which means you have cancer!!!). However, if the cells/tissue is all clogged-up with crap-n-nonsense (chemicals, heavy metals, BAD thoughts), how can it function properly to stop oxidation. The cells will age faster (EOMD-early onset mitochondrial disease) and you will make less and less energy to do the job needed. 

Again, we all rust and over time, we will die. The goal would be to slow down this process and enjoy FULL FUNCTION even into our later years. We were designed to be fit and healthy for a long time. I see, today, so many people who are experiencing diseases that were only seen in much older folks a time ago. DONT RUN to your grave. Walk! Don't worry, there is no prize for being first!! hahaaha

OK, short and very basic. Hope you enjoy a long time and good health!

Cheers

PS: Tankguy has good info also on this issue.

Edited by Thaiexpat
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the vote of confidence on this doc.

Cellular balance and oxidative stress have been shown to be linked to many diseases associated with aging - such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and Huntington's.  http://www.hindawi.com/journals/oximed/si/392565/cfp/   Oxidative stress can induce neuronal damage, modulate intracellular signaling, and can ultimately lead to neuronal death by apoptosis or necrosis. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20013185

Recently researchers found that that when ATP is created in the Kreb's cycle, there are a number of chemicals produced in the process.  For years they thought they were kind of like "engine exhaust" - just a by product. They have recently found that these chemicals are actually foundational to cellular health.  So much so, that if the body stopped making them, you would die from organ failure in a matter of hours, because cells in the major organs would be dying at a fantastic rate.  Unfortuantley - as you age, this production tends to fall off.  Keeping these levels as high as possible is being seen as a key to slowing down the aging process.

Diet, exercise and hydration are shown as being good starts at slowing this fall off of chemical production.  There are some foods high in cysteine that can help ( poultry, yogurt, egg yolks, red peppers, garlic, onions).  Protein is also import to create the raw products needed to create these chemicals.

These chemicals can be recreated outside the body, and can now be used for supplementation - and been clinically shown to help the bodies own antioxidants (glutathione and catalase) be used more efficiently in the body.   

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the vote of confidence on this doc.

Cellular balance and oxidative stress have been shown to be linked to many diseases associated with aging - such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, and Huntington's.  http://www.hindawi.com/journals/oximed/si/392565/cfp/   Oxidative stress can induce neuronal damage, modulate intracellular signaling, and can ultimately lead to neuronal death by apoptosis or necrosis. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20013185

Recently researchers found that that when ATP is created in the Kreb's cycle, there are a number of chemicals produced in the process.  For years they thought they were kind of like "engine exhaust" - just a by product. They have recently found that these chemicals are actually foundational to cellular health.  So much so, that if the body stopped making them, you would die from organ failure in a matter of hours, because cells in the major organs would be dying at a fantastic rate.  Unfortuantley - as you age, this production tends to fall off.  Keeping these levels as high as possible is being seen as a key to slowing down the aging process.

Diet, exercise and hydration are shown as being good starts at slowing this fall off of chemical production.  There are some foods high in cysteine that can help ( poultry, yogurt, egg yolks, red peppers, garlic, onions).  Protein is also import to create the raw products needed to create these chemicals.

These chemicals can be recreated outside the body, and can now be used for supplementation - and been clinically shown to help the bodies own antioxidants (glutathione and catalase) be used more efficiently in the body.   

Yes, the science is changing constantly-Before uric acid was thought only to be a metabolite of protein breakdown and, of course, excess uric acid was a sign of kidney ( and later liver dysfunction). Now, we know uric acid an anti-oxidant and problems with uric acid might indicate excessive free-radical product

Correct- diet, exercise and HYDRATION. Gotta drink WATER (not colas, etc)

Nothing can replace fruits,vegetables,whole grains...go to www.ThinkHealthy.US (upper address bar) go to research and you will find the answers! It is proven over & over, that enzymes from whole food will bring you back to better health. If anyone is interested in joining me in this business, just let me know. We an play, make money and help people get healthy, while we continue to wait for the RV:)

Why would I want to eat ANY grains? Grains are completely foreign to humans. We never ate grains prior to 8,000 years ago, so why would I start on something which researchers have shown we normally didnt eat.
Nothing can replace: FATS, animal protiens, fruits and vegetable-yes, I agree. Whole grains or proccessed? Can do without either. They provide no nutrient benefit over the other foods, are full of pro-flammatory factors and many are allergenic.

Dunno, just saying.........

Thank You so much Thaiexpat.

I have learned a lot from your post. Very much appreciated.

Now I am so tempted to go get that bag of potatoe chips and with no guilt.

They have "good fat" right?....    Just Kidding. :)

PS. I am Loving That Coconut Oil On Everything.... Good Stuff.

Edited by Maggie123

Nothing can replace fruits,vegetables,whole grains...go to www.ThinkHealthy.US (upper address bar) go to research and you will find the answers! It is proven over & over, that enzymes from whole food will bring you back to better health. If anyone is interested in joining me in this business, just let me know. We an play, make money and help people get healthy, while we continue to wait for the RV:)

Sorry - your link isn't working. Says it's in a Parked status by GoDaddy.

AS for helping people get healthy and making money while we wait - already doing that with a redox supplement.