Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

News Crew Knowingly Interviews Rapist

krome2ez

pc_logo.png

News Crew Knowingly Interviews Rapist

As “Anti-Gun” Expert

January 31, 2013 at 1:16 pm / by Karen O'Day

Screen-Shot-2013-01-31-at-9.49.16-AM-300x187.png

Jerome McCorryOnce upon a time, if you wanted reliable information you looked no further than your local news. Not so much today.

A news crew from WHIO-TV recently interviewed convicted rapist Jerome McCorry about his opinion on gun control. McCorry is a man who is unable to own a firearm because of his own felony conviction and yet he was asked how he feels about rights that belong to law-abiding citizens.

(Hmmm…a rapist who’s against gun control? Who would have thought!)

Of course criminals are against gun control; they want to be in control of them! However the news station fully neglected to disclose this pertinent information about the man and his background when they interviewed him.

Katie Dattalo, an Ohioan and blogger at Domestic Debacle, brought this story to my attention. She says in her blog post, “nterviewing someone for a TV segment who is a RAPIST is not the person to talk to about taking away someone else’s rights. He’s been there, he’s done that and he got the orange jump-suit to prove it.” Kate goes on to describe the reaction she got after calling WHIO-TV about this and was told that they interviewed him “because McCrorry’s message is about community harmony through peace and non-violence.”

“WHIO thinks that his message was peaceful and harmonious when he was raping his defenseless victim?” Dattalo said. “Simply put, gun control is not about reducing violence. It’s about control. Just like rape isn’t about sex. It’s about control. Which makes sense for Jerome McCorry, a rapist, to be advocating for gun control. It’s up to our media how they portray an individual.”

Well, Katie, I could not have said it better myself.

Tiffany Kelly, another Ohioan and wife of a law enforcement officer added:

“I don’t care which side of the ‘Gun-Control’ fence you stand on. A convicted rapist should never be allowed to go on television to tout their beliefs on gun control. Even more disturbing is that the news venues knew that the person they were interviewing not only has a criminal background but a rape conviction! This is not a couple of speeding tickets or even a drug charge. This person used force to rape another human being and now he is on television telling the public why guns aren’t safe. I am completely disgusted by this.”

So WHIO-TV, what do you have to say for yourself? You knew the background of Mr. McCrorry, yet you considered him to be the ideal spokesperson for touting the ‘other side’. You interviewed law-abiding citizens about how they felt about their right to defend themselves and then you interviewed a known rapist about his thoughts on rights, which he himself doesn’t even have because of his criminal conviction! Come on… you’re smarter than that (at least you should be). You’re supposed to be non-biased. Oh, wait. I forgot. The media always has an agenda.

WHIO-TV… I await your response. It’s important for those of us in the media to report the whole truth… not just what suits your agenda.

A special thanks to Buckeye Firearms Association for breaking this initial story and for providing detailed information about Mr. McCrorry’s background.

(Editor’s FYI/Action Alert: WHIO-TV MAILING ADDRESS: 
WHIO-TV
1611 S. Main Street
Dayton, Ohio 45409

; Newsroom Fax: (937) 259 – 2005
; Main Switchboard (M-F 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.): (937) 259-2111

BY E-MAIL:
 7online@whiotv.com)

http://politichicks.tv/column/news-crew-knowingly-interviews-rapist-as-anti-gun-expert/

• Upvote 1