Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Things aren't always as they seem

Heavyduty053

This is a great deal of wisdom in this if you care to see it.

Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a weathy family. The family did not see them as angels and were rude and refuse to let them stay in the Mansion's many guest rooms. Instead they were given a space in the cold dark basement for the night so the family wouldn't be bothered as they were not accustomed to being nice to outsiders. The family had inherited the mansion several years ago when a rich grandfather died along with a great deal of money. They never ventured down in the basement because of the spider webs hanging over everything and what looked like junk.

As the two angels made a bed on the floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and took boxes and stacked them in front of it neatly. As the younger angel looked on and asked why she did such a thing, the older angel replied, "Things aren't always as it seems to be". The next morning the pair went on their way and as night began to fall they came to rest at the house of a very poor , but hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had with the couple they let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good nights rest.

When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears, their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field. The younger angel was influriated and asked the older angel, "How could you have let this happen to these poor people. The first family we stayed with had everything and more and you helped them by sealing up a fortune for later. The second family had little but was willing to share with us and you let their cow die."

Again the older angel replied, "Things aren't always as seems and i will explain." Night before last when we stayed in the mansion's basement, I noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall. Since the new owners were so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune that was handed to them, i hid the hole with boxes and they will not find it for years or maybe never because they do not deserve it's good fortune. The fortune's previous owner was a kind man and would help anyone and it's wealth his turned this family bitter.

Last night as we slep in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for his wife, i gave her the cow instead. The poor old farmer was heart broken enough but he will recover but if his wife of 40 years had been taken he would have never recovered. I chose to give them a few more years together because of their kindness to others.

Some of you believe in angels and some don't but to each his own. Just think about this:::

Should you find it hard to get to sleep one night, just remember the homeless family who has no bed to lie in.

Should you suddenly find yourself stuck in traffic, don't despair, there are people whom driving is an unheard of priviledge.

Should you find yourself heartbroken over a relationship gone bad, think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you find yourself dreading monday morning work, think of the mother with no job and a new born baby crying because it is hungry and who's husband left her with no money to feed her baby.

Should your car suddenly break down leaving you miles from assistance, think of the paraplegic who would love to make that walk.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurity, remember they are unhappy for a reason and be glad its not you.

These are words and phrases of wisdom to make us think before we act. God only wants us to be good stewards of what he has intrusted to us until his return. Heavyduty053

• Upvote 14

I believe in angels. I had one come to me in a dream one night and warn me about an evil man. As far as I know, I had never seen this man before, but the dream was so vivid, I remembered when I woke up what he looked like. A few days later, I saw the man from my dream backstage at the theater. I was able to get away and stay safe because of the warning. Do I know for sure that God used the dream to keep me safe? No, but I know for sure that I was protected from evil .

I like your story. You always reap what you sow.

• Upvote 3

Heavyduty053, I was involved in a very serious auto accident when I was 20 years old. I got thrown from the vehicle and when my butt hit the freeway I was going 60 mph. I lost 5 pints of blood, and I had 0% chance of living. I was in a coma over a month, and was in the hospital for almost 3 months. I believe God touched my life the day I crashed, and I believe he was with me everyday in those 3 hospitals I was in. I was paralyzed from my head to my toe on my right side; I could not remember my name or anything about my life at first; I could not remember my parents or my longtime girlfriend; but I could remember only 1 thing when I came out of my coma and that was GOD. So I told GOD, it's just you and me and that's it. Help me remember my name, and everything else will happen at your time. I prayed for GOD to help me remember my name. It took me about 25 min., but I remembered my name. I continued to pray to GOD throughout the day, and everyday I got better. Today, you would never know I had a accident. So was it a Angel or was it GOD? I believe it was GOD in my case. Thank you for letting me share.

• Upvote 5

Heavyduty053, I was involved in a very serious auto accident when I was 20 years old. I got thrown from the vehicle and when my butt hit the freeway I was going 60 mph. I lost 5 pints of blood, and I had 0% chance of living. I was in a coma over a month, and was in the hospital for almost 3 months. I believe God touched my life the day I crashed, and I believe he was with me everyday in those 3 hospitals I was in. I was paralyzed from my head to my toe on my right side; I could not remember my name or anything about my life at first; I could not remember my parents or my longtime girlfriend; but I could remember only 1 thing when I came out of my coma and that was GOD. So I told GOD, it's just you and me and that's it. Help me remember my name, and everything else will happen at your time. I prayed for GOD to help me remember my name. It took me about 25 min., but I remembered my name. I continued to pray to GOD throughout the day, and everyday I got better. Today, you would never know I had a accident. So was it a Angel or was it GOD? I believe it was GOD in my case. Thank you for letting me share.

WOW and what a testimony, God is good....all the time......Thanks Jerry for sharing WOW

Just wanted to acknowledge your experience. The description just about matches my own several years ago. I was in a single car rollover after falling asleep on the interstate and became aware in the hospital that a month had passed since my previous memories. Turns out that I was thrown from my car and suffered multiple life threatening injuries and was not expected to survive from what friends and family told me. Long story short, I was in a medically induced coma for a month and initially not expected to survive. I walked out of the last hospital 3 months later pretty much fully recovered. After my head injuries allowed me to handle the traumatic experience family and friends thought I could finally handle hearing about I began to take inventory of my life and realized that I had always had a hand on my shoulder even as a kid. I believe God placed my departed mother as my angel to see me through. It has been a comfort since to know that we really are not alone in this life.

• Upvote 1