Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Willing to wait/ less taxes??

puppylove

I am kinda hoping that the RV doesn't happen for at least a year (sorry long term investors) because an acquaintance of mine said if you have a short term investment (anything under a year) you are taxed 35%, if it a long term investment (anything over a year) it is taxed at a lower rate.

people it doesnt matter how long you have held onto your dinar.....whether you just got it or you have had it for 6 years when you exchange it, it ALL falls under short term gains......thats how ALL currency exchanges work....there is no way for the IRS or our govt to find out for sure how long someone has had their currency....theres no checks and balances for that kind of stuff, so to make it simple our govt considers any currency exchange to be short term gains.....

There is no tax on the dinars My tax accountant said it is no different then our dollar going down we don't get a tax write off for it.

CoffeeDave,

No disrespect, but you need to get a new accountant asap.

The tax code clearly states for currency exchange that any increase in value over $200 is considered "capital gains".

You are right about not being able to write it off if it was a loss as an individual or a business.