Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama no longer calls Bush 'unpatriotic' for increases

dontlop

So unless I am misunderstanding you. It is ok for the government to turn on the printing press if they dont have enough money in the Bank. I hope that you don't ask why the dollar is lossing ground to other currencies.

My argument is not whether or not it is good or bad - my argument is that that's the way it's always been.

Yes and I wake up every morning and hit myself in the head with a 2x4. It's not good for me but I have always done it.

And that's the point. You and I can't do that (well we can, but my boss would tell me to go jump), but the government can.

The ability to print money and demand taxes is just one reason.

Ask king Gorge how that worked out for him.

But the biggest reason is that the government is perpetual.

Again, not whether it is good or bad, but whether it is reasonable to compare the two.

Then why are we having this conversation if you really don't care if it is good or bad? do you just like to argue and stir things up? do you enjoy dissenting just to descent?

I am done with this conversation it is hard to talk to some one that hasn't grasp the concept of what is responsible money management practices. And say's that the government doesn't need to follow them because they are the government.

Please retake accounting 101.

So unless I am misunderstanding you. It is ok for the government to turn on the printing press if they dont have enough money in the Bank. I hope that you don't ask why the dollar is lossing ground to other currencies.

My argument is not whether or not it is good or bad - my argument is that that's the way it's always been.

Yes and I wake up every morning and hit myself in the head with a 2x4. It's not good for me but I have always done it.

And that's the point. You and I can't do that (well we can, but my boss would tell me to go jump), but the government can.

The ability to print money and demand taxes is just one reason.

Ask king Gorge how that worked out for him.

Worked out OK for him and every other government that's been in control of the US since. They still print currency and collect taxes don't they?

But the biggest reason is that the government is perpetual.

Again, not whether it is good or bad, but whether it is reasonable to compare the two.

Then why are we having this conversation if you really don't care if it is good or bad? do you just like to argue and stir things up? do you enjoy dissenting just to descent?

I understand that it's been a trying process to get to this point. Let me summarise for you:

OP:

Standard rant about current debt level and raising of debt ceiling.

My Response:

Point out hypocrisy of both sides of politics with regard to debt level and continual raising of debt ceiling. Asked questions (amazingly, these questions remain unanswered)

Response To My Post: (DiveDeepSix)

Compared government budget to household budget.

My Response:

Comparing government budget to household budget is false equivalence.

Your Response:

Asked how it is a false equivalence.

Some considerable time and posts later, where I repeatedly explained how it is a false equivalence, you respond telling me that you are done with the conversation and that I don't understand economics.

That's what the conversation was about.

I am done with this conversation it is hard to talk to some one that hasn't grasp the concept of what is responsible money management practices. And say's that the government doesn't need to follow them because they are the government.

Please retake accounting 101.

You can tell me that I don't understand economics all you want, but your inability to grasp the fairly simple differences between how household and government budgets operate is really not my problem.

As per usual, nobody (including you) has made any attempt to answer the rather simple questions that I asked in response to the original post. Plenty of negs thrown at my posts - but no answer to the questions.

Maybe you would like to enlighten me with your obviously astounding knowledge of economics and make an attempt.