Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Just an Article on the parties

JBrookes

JBrookes,

IMO

I think it will play out that either candidate can put together a coalition.

The question will probably more correctly be, who can do it the quickest, with the least amount of bloodshed and with the best results for the Iraqi people.

David

interesting ... thanks for posting. thought this section was interesting:

"... Talabani has already signaled his willingness to stay in the post. “He is the major nominee to the post of the president of Iraq and he is approved by all,” State of Law member Hassan al-Sanid said on March 24.

What is less clear is the candidate for prime minister. State of Law’s Suhail said the alliance is committed to al- Maliki serving another four years, while al-Sadr supporters, who dominate the Iraqi National Alliance, have said they are against the premier staying on. Al-Maliki led a crackdown against Sadrist militias in 2008, taking back control of the main oil-exporting city of Basra...."

and ...

".... “It doesn’t really matter who came first and who came second because it is basically a tie,” said Julien Barnes- Dacey, a Middle East analyst at the London-based Control Risks Group. “Everything is up for grabs now.” ..."

interesting ... thanks for posting. thought this section was interesting:

"... Talabani has already signaled his willingness to stay in the post. “He is the major nominee to the post of the president of Iraq and he is approved by all,” State of Law member Hassan al-Sanid said on March 24.

What is less clear is the candidate for prime minister. State of Law’s Suhail said the alliance is committed to al- Maliki serving another four years, while al-Sadr supporters, who dominate the Iraqi National Alliance, have said they are against the premier staying on. Al-Maliki led a crackdown against Sadrist militias in 2008, taking back control of the main oil-exporting city of Basra...."

and ...

".... “It doesn’t really matter who came first and who came second because it is basically a tie,” said Julien Barnes- Dacey, a Middle East analyst at the London-based Control Risks Group. “Everything is up for grabs now.” ..."

:) I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested. It caught my attention & I just wanted to share it. I thought those were interesting points also. Thanks for checking it out. :)

• Upvote 1

JBrookes,

IMO

I think it will play out that either candidate can put together a coalition.

The question will probably more correctly be, who can do it the quickest, with the least amount of bloodshed and with the best results for the Iraqi people.

David

Thank you! I completely agree.... :)

• Upvote 1