Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will America choose Freedom or Totalitarianism?

DinarMillionaire

I miss Reagan. I saw that on a bumper sticker yesterday and I want that bumper sticker!

Ronald Reagan entered the national spotlight during challenging times. And he spoke of that time of choosing when he gave the historic speech in 1964, which captured the nation’s mood:

“You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream--the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order – or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism. Regardless of their sincerity, their humanitarian motives, those who would sacrifice freedom for security have embarked on this downward path. Plutarch warned, "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits."

It is as relevant as it was almost 60 years ago. And 20 years later, I had the opportunity to direct President Reagan's 1984 re-nomination convention.

I also had the privilege of working for Ronald Reagan – on his campaign and in his Administration. Those of us lucky enough to be part of his team were joined by most of the country in sharing the vision Ronald Reagan had of America.

We were uplifted by his optimism and enthusiasm for our exceptional country and for freedom.

When Reagan first entered the White House Jimmy Carter had presided over interest rates which hit as high as 21%, long gasoline lines and a misery index which is a mirror image of where we are today.

But once the Reagans took up residency in the White House, I never recall President Reagan blaming Carter. That is the kind of man he was.

I still miss Ronald Reagan.

His words ring true today:

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the las best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children’s children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.”

Today, I am proud to be Texas director of Americans for Prosperity, an organization of amazing grassroots leaders who engage citizens in the name of limited government and free markets.

Reagan knew the importance of an informed citizenry. In that famous Time of Choosing speech, he challenged us:

“Are you willing to spend time studying the issues, making yourself aware, and then conveying that information to family and friends? Will you resist the temptation to get a government handout for your community? Realize that the doctor’s fight against socialized medicine is your fight. We can’t socialize the doctors without socializing the patients. Recognize that government invasion of public power is eventually an assault upon your own business. If some among you fear taking a stand because you are afraid of reprisals from customers, clients, or even government, recognize that you are just feeding the crocodile hoping he’ll eat you last.”

We again are faced with a time of choosing. Today we have another opportunity to take back America. While I miss Ronald Reagan, still share his vision of America as that Shining City on the Hill.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

"We are a nation that has a government—not the other way around. And that makes us special among the nations of the earth." ~Ronald Reagan

My first vote cast as an adult was for this wonderful man. Have been holding my nose ever since. Let me know if you find those bumper stickers, DM - I'd love one too!

• Upvote 1

With all due respet to your views DinarMillionare, we do not have the choice between totalitarianism and freedom. The decision has been made for us by the Fascist government that now controls both political parties. This fascist government took over because we were lulled into a stupor by the media the elite control. We have all been deceived into thinking that we have a choice that we must make. It took many years for the fascists to take over our government, decades that included the presidency of Ronald Reagen.

The powers that be would like us to think that we have a choice. We don't! Both parties are beholding to special interests that steer us in only one direction. That direction is one in which they make all the money and we loose all of what we have.

We have been led to believe that there are differences between the right and the left, and in many people's minds, it has come to mean that their side is right and the other is wrong.When in fact, the differences are designed only to keep us arguing among ourselves. The PTB stir the debates and the arguments through their controlled use of the media to keep us distracted from the important issues of the day. This is called "divide and conquer" and it has served them well. It's concept that has served the fascists very well over the centuries.

When idolizing their favorite president, I've noticed people tend to overlook obvious markers that should have been wake up calls for anyone who was not so starstruck with the person of the president. Ronald Reagen was directly involved in the Iran Contra scandal.

This was the case where the CIA was caught actively smuggling cocaine into Los Angeles California, at the time it was widely reported by a whistleblower by the name of Michael Ruppert. Please google the name if you don't believe me, and find out for yourselves!

The cocaine was intended for distribution mostly among the black community in exchange for cash. This cash was then forwarded to Iran where the CIA was buying weapons that would then be shipped to what Reagan called "freedom fighters" in Central America. These "freedom fighters" were unemployed thugs hired to destabilise the government of NIcaragua who had recently overthown the tyrant dictator Anastacio Zomosa. The Zomosa family had been illigitably installed decades earlier by a US led coup that toppled the legitimate government, to install a puppet dictator that would be more favorable to US industry. For anyone who does not know...this is fascist imperialism, and warmongering.

Fortunately for humanity the government of Nicaragua and it's people overcame the fascist insurgency Reagan threw at them, and are now free.

I don't understand how, in the face of such evidence people can simply turn their heads and not see the truth, but choose to live in a fairy tale world! If this is the example some folks hold up as the greatest president we have had....I don't know what could be worse...except maybe Bush!

Carlos

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1