Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ron Paul will not be part of Wilmington forum due to an unreasonable request by the Paul Team

TPSprayduster

Republican presidential candidates Newt Gingrich, Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum will participate in the FOX News program filmed in Wilmington Saturday, but in obvious absence is candidate Ron Paul, whose campaign made an “unreasonable” request and comment which host Mike Huckabee “took umbrage to,” he said in an exclusive interview with the News Journal Thursday.

FOX producers repeatedly tried to get him to come, Huckabee said.

“Every candidate was asked at the same time, in the same way, and producers constantly followed up and within three days had heard from each campaign except for Paul’s,” Huckabee said.

A special edition of his FOX News Channel program “Huckabee” will host the Republican presidential candidates in a forum, “Huckabee Special: Forum 3 — Jobs” at the Wilmington Air Park. The program will air from 8 to 10 p.m. Saturday.

A problem rose when Paul’s campaign asked to participate via satellite, he said.

“We told him it was not practical because the others made great adjustments in their calendars to be in Wilmington. It’s important to be there physically and personally, and in other debates and forums candidates have not been allowed to participate by remote,” Huckabee said. “We were amazed that the Paul campaign felt that it was a reasonable request, and when we told them it was not possible, they said it would be viewed as arrogant by FOX. I took umbrage to that.

“There is no arrogance in asking him to play by the same rules. That’s his choice and he’s within rights for not coming. I’m not critical for him not coming, but the other candidates would object to a characterization that we should have allowed him to do what no other forum has allowed.”

Good thing I blocked Fox on my tube years ago. Besides, Fox would probably only flash by his face every 20 minutes or so, if he were to show up. I say, save the price of a plane ticket Dr. Paul, and take your staff out for burgers and watch it on the big screen at the local watering hole. That's what I would do. I thought I would give your hook a little nibble TP, until the big fish come along......don't want you to lose interest. :D

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

What do you think is better for Ron Paul's campaign going into super Tuesday, winning a Huckabee debate our winning Washington?

'nuff said

Both.....The rest are there, he should show as well. If one day away from his campaign in Washington is the difference between winning and losing, then he doesn't stand a chance. As always, just my opinion. ;)

GO RV, then BV